Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It was just the biggest party weekend of the fall at IUP back in the day. The stadium would be overflowing and students were out in the parking lot sloppy drunk. I have pictures from 1987 to prove it!
    Well, that explains it.

Every weekend at Shippensburg is the biggest party weekend of the fall. They just don't migrate across campus to the stadium in large numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I think one point here is that Homecoming is not nearly as much of a "thing" as it was to previous generations. Heck, it wasn't a "thing" for us during my time at Ship.
      Homecoming now is probably more of a thing than it was in my long-ago days at Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Homecoming now is probably more of a thing than it was in my long-ago days at Ship.
        That's a shame. Homecoming is HUGE at Edinboro. Local hotels & places to stay sell out a year in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's a shame. Homecoming is HUGE at Edinboro. Local hotels & places to stay sell out a year in advance.
          Homecoming is pretty good at Ship these days. I'll be volunteering at it the weekend after this coming one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post

That's just it. PASSHE has essentially 1 bank account for all schools according to the Chancellor. So while the West Chester drop doesn't hurt them. It hurts PASSHE. PASSHE needs atleast some schools to have positive enrollment to offset the losses at the others.

It's interesting that WC is almost double the size of IUP based on headcount. IUP is sinking back to the pack on enrollment. Still the 2nd most students, but not over 10,000 any more.
              I'm thinking that you may have missed my heavy dose of sarcasm in that post...
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                According to my assistant, the last question the "dude" asked was "So when do I start?"
                I'm sorry, but this is an actually hilarious quip. Guy clearly saw the writing on the wall and had some level of self-awareness about the whole ordeal. Obviously not hiring material, but that's hysterical.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I'm sorry, but this is an actually hilarious quip. Guy clearly saw the writing on the wall and had some level of self-awareness about the whole ordeal. Obviously not hiring material, but that's hysterical.
                  I was completly flabbergasted (sorry grampa for stealing your word). In the moment, I thought it was a joke being played on me by my co-workers!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X