Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    I think if either TIffin or ODU win out and they will be in top 9.
    They play each other on Saturday. So that field gets narrowed to one.
    http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

I said it was possible, not probable. It exists and its not a crazy fantasy. The 'should of, could of, would of, will,' arguments I dont partake in. SRU should of had two more picks against IUP, would be better prepared for that onside kick if the guy was paying attention. Kutz could of won in the 4th Q opening day. But did that happen? No. It's pointless arguing.

Also; ESU has a winning record and in same category as Gannon.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

They play each other on Saturday. So that field gets narrowed to one.

And both have a tough last week. I think Tiffin has Findlay and ODU has Hillsdale. So whoever wins saturday will take things into the last weekend.

I think both will have a SOS bump if they win out and possibly if not probably bump Charleston and Stonehill who will both have SOS go down.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tell your friend to pi$$ off.
          Classy as always!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Classy as always!
            Works both ways, pal.

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post

I said it was possible, not probable. It exists and its not a crazy fantasy. The 'should of, could of, would of, will,' arguments I dont partake in. SRU should of had two more picks against IUP, would be better prepared for that onside kick if the guy was paying attention. Kutz could of won in the 4th Q opening day. But did that happen? No. It's pointless arguing.

Also; ESU has a winning record and in same category as Gannon.
              Lol, I am just spitting out the facts with you. The fact is IUP beat slimy pebble by 27 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Objectively speaking, beating NAIA Marian counts the same as if they beat FCS James Madison. A non-D2 win is a non-D2 win.
                So its like not playing a game....correct?

Comment

Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post
                  Yep. I think people are surprised that Cal is 4 and Kutztown and Shepherd are higher. And IUP at 7 is in a good spot.
                  Why? Cal's strength of schedule is only marginally better than garbage (apologies to actual garbage). The Vulcans have exactly ONE - count it, ONE - win over a team over .500 (IUP). Gannon is at .500 (by some bizarre fluke, apparently), as is Seton Hill. Fairmont State is a gaudy 3-4, so that's not helping the SOS at all. And can we forget the juggernauts of the PSAC basement - Millersville, Lock Haven, Mercyhurst and Edinboro - whom Cal has played this season and who've mustered a grand total of SIX COMBINED WINS. Cal should be thankful that Clarion game was cancelled, otherwise, they'd be lucky to be in the fifth seed with an even worse SOS.

I was surprised to see SRU at #8, but then again, that Wayne State (Mich.) game looks worse now that the Warriors are 1-7 (but, at least they're still the winningest football team in Detroit, so they've got that going for them, which is nice) and they actually played Clarion. With crossover wins over East Stroudsburg (which, BTW, is Rock's only win over a team above .500) and Lock Haven (no further comment needed), Rock is lucky to be in the #8 spot.

For that matter, IUP is lucky to be #7, but those wins over Kutztown and Rock are the only thing that's really keeping the Hawks in the discussion at this point.

So IF Cal loses to SRU and doesn't play in the state game, that could bump them out of the Top 6.
                  Not necessarily. SRU's opponent in Week 11 is (tentatively) at Shepherd, so if the State Game ends up being IUP vs. Kutztown, for example, that might help Cal in the "opponents SOS" category.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

This is just release 1 of 3. The metrics change with each week.

In basketball, one of the categories is record versus other regionally ranked opponents (once ranked always ranked). Not sure if that exists in football.
                    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Click on the SR1 link below (for some reason, it won't let you link the rankings PDF file directly). It does appear to be the case...

Comment

Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Yes sir, I am saying there SOS as of right now is terrible. They have played one good team. (IUP)
                      Cal's isn't that much better. At least Rock played a 5-3 East Stroudsburg; Cal had Millersville and Lock Haven (but dodged Clarion).

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

So its like not playing a game....correct?
                        It counts for the overall Win % but not DII or Region.

Comment

Comment

That's the plan but why do you keep bringing up something everyone already knows ???

Comment

From what I've seen on the board, basically one person said anything remotely like that. Judging from the current regional rankings, you're in the playoffs if you win out, right. I don't see a problem there. Didn't enjoy as a Ship fan that with a mediocre team in 2019 we had to play IUP, Slippery Rock, Cal, Kutztown and Shepherd in the same season, but that's the way it goes.

Comment

According to Shepherds website the remaining schedule has three games left. Bloom, ESU, and Slippery Rock (Nov 13). I don't see the Slippery Rock on the remaining games above. What am I missing?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X