Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    This was a fantastic game. Really thought the Rams should have leaned more on the run game as they seemed to completely forget about it even though they were running it well during the game. Tyson Bagent and the Rams were able to avenge another previous loss this time to ND (bagents first college game was against them and the Rams lost). Kutztown is another leg on the revenge tour, should be a great PSAC final in region 1.
    As a Ship fan I enjoy seeing an all-PSAC regional championship, and I can also say that Ship's only losses this season came against a Division II quarterfinalist and a semifinalist (which either Kutztown of Shepherd will be) this season.

Comment

We always want our teams to win, but some you want to beat more than others. Findlay didn't feel personal. Kutztown doesn't feel personal, although it would be nice to finally beat them. Notre Dame felt personal, and I loved seeing them go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
        We always want our teams to win, but some you want to beat more than others. Findlay didn't feel personal. Kutztown doesn't feel personal, although it would be nice to finally beat them. Notre Dame felt personal, and I loved seeing them go down.
        Nice thing about SHEP's membership in the PSAC is while the RAMS have a long-standing rivalry with SHIP the year to year battles with KUTZ, WCU, SRU, IUP and CAL will make for some great in season and post season football ( '22--Wk3-CAL, Wk4-@KUTZ, Wk5@SHIP).

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Nice thing about SHEP's membership in the PSAC is while the RAMS have a long-standing rivalry with SHIP the year to year battles with KUTZ, WCU, SRU, IUP and CAL will make for some great in season and post season football ( '22--Wk3-CAL, Wk4-@KUTZ, Wk5@SHIP).
          I'll also say this. The rivalry with Ship really isn't a nasty one. There have been trash talking moments in the past, but it never felt mean spirited. But it is still a big game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I'll also say this. The rivalry with Ship really isn't a nasty one. There have been trash talking moments in the past, but it never felt mean spirited. But it is still a big game.

Comment

The most impressive aspect of the PSAC EAST as opposed to the WEST is you have 5-6 teams that may, in any given year, be dangerously competitive. SHEP, SHIP and KUTZ are pretty much a given and WCU, BLOOM and ESU are usually a few players short of rising to the next level. None of it ever has to be nasty, ala IUP/SRU, but it's certainly going to be a battle for the top.

Comment

What are your thoughts about the Xtra curricular activities post game? Specifically, do the referees have any post game responsibility ? Man, they booked off the field in a heart beat. Or, are the schools responsible which is what I am guessing. Almost out of hand and some interesting "conversations" on the v side where we sit. Could there be some kind of post game penalty and suspension for a player/coach? Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving...

Comment

Comment

I agree about the ko's and not sure why, but they did that the whole game. Not like we have this stud returner, no disrespect to Ronnie Brown, but it seemed odd especially at the end of the game

Comment

• FWIW, an ESPN college football writer ranked the NDC-Shepherd game as the 7th best college football game of "Rivalry Week" ... ahead of Virginia-VA Tech and Minnesota-Wisconsin, among others (this does require an ESPN+ subscription, but here's the relevant portion from that article):

7. Shepherd 38, Notre Dame (Ohio) 34

As with Division III, the second round of the Division II playoffs featured three down-to-the-wire affairs. But the battle between the Shepherd Rams and the second-best Notre Dame in the country saw six lead changes, 926 total yards and a chaotic mess of a game winner from Tyson Bagent to Josh Gontarek.

"Throw it away! Throw it away!"

I've said it a thousand times by now: The more small-school football you watch, the healthier you become.

I'm not sure if the writer knew that NDC and Shepherd were previously in the same conference, but that was an awesome shoutout for the PSAC and MEC to be included on that list.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        If this game is within 21 points I'll be shocked.

I just don't see it in the ND resume.

OT over Ashland
                        Loss to Charleston
                        Survived Frostburg
                        Struggled with an SRU MASH unit
                        The rest were the dregs of the MEC

I'd take Shepherd 45-14 in this one. Not expecting it to be a close one in my opinion.
                        What a great game!! I can't wait for the All-PSAC Final!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

What a great game!! I can't wait for the All-PSAC Final!
                          Got the winner right. Which hasn't happened anytime I've picked ESU in football or hoops this year.
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-30-2021, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Last edited by Ship69; 12-01-2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Wonder why Shepherd does not have 2022 season scheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramhead View Post

Wonder why Shepherd does not have 2022 season scheduled.
                                It's always like this. The series ended with ODU so they will be looking for a new opponent or maybe taking a year off and doing just the PSAC schedule. D2 doesn't schedule out more than a year in advance.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X