Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I just wish there was more size up the middle, but you roll with what you got!
    Agreed, it feels likes its been a few years since we had some serious size at the DT position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Agreed, it feels likes its been a few years since we had some serious size at the DT position.
      A Mike Franklin type would really benefit our defense tremendously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

A Mike Franklin type would really benefit our defense tremendously.
        So truthful! The whole backend of the defense is predicated on having size at DT that makes opposing RB'S run east west.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
          Shepherd got a new DL coach in to replace Ramal who went to Morgan State. Looks like he's got some great experience.

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2022/7...ine-coach.aspx
          He has 'a lot' of experience but I really hope he's here for the long haul and this isn't a stepping stone or temporary stop until his next gig - In the business world, his resume would be one I'd shy away from with so many 1-2 year stops.

Comment

• Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

He has 'a lot' of experience but I really hope he's here for the long haul and this isn't a stepping stone or temporary stop until his next gig - In the business world, his resume would be one I'd shy away from with so many 1-2 year stops.
            Coach McCook and Coach Belin worked together on the 2009 Liberty Staff. This hire might be short lived but McCook knows what he brings to the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

Coach McCook and Coach Belin worked together on the 2009 Liberty Staff. This hire might be short lived but McCook knows what he brings to the table.
              Also, this is a DL coaching position in D2. This isn't the type of job that you stay with forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

FWIW, he's coached the past 13 seasons under the same HC, Danny Rocco. He was with Rocco at Delaware, Richmond and Liberty all the way back to the 2009 season.

Comment

• The roster was updated this week with some of the Freshman and a few transfers.

Comment

• I see a few transfers from Lackawanna College, not the first time I have seen transfers from there. I see where the college is in Scranton, PA, I think they are NAIA. Anyone know anything about that school?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
                      I see a few transfers from Lackawanna College, not the first time I have seen transfers from there. I see where the college is in Scranton, PA, I think they are NAIA. Anyone know anything about that school?
                      Noooooooooo. Not NAIA at all. Strictly a JC. Often used as a prep year if a student-athlete doesn't qualify for NCAA action.

Comment

• "Regarding the future, don't sleep on Lek Powell at QB. He's a coach's son, and he had a very, very efficient two years running a high-level, pro-style offense at Harrisburg's Bishop McDevitt. High completion rate."

I heard that Sammy Roberts QB from Jefferson High (WV) also committed to Shepherd as well. I don't see him on the current roster. Maybe he was redshirted.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
                          I see a few transfers from Lackawanna College, not the first time I have seen transfers from there. I see where the college is in Scranton, PA, I think they are NAIA. Anyone know anything about that school?
                          Lackawanna is a football factory. Many D1 schools recruit there yearly.

I think they may also have some academics there. Not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

FWIW, he's coached the past 13 seasons under the same HC, Danny Rocco. He was with Rocco at Delaware, Richmond and Liberty all the way back to the 2009 season.
                            Thanks for sharing! That says a lot if a HC is bringing him along each time.

Comment

• I see a few transfers from Lackawanna College, not the first time I have seen transfers from there. I see where the college is in Scranton, PA, I think they are NAIA. Anyone know anything about that school?

I forget which game game are, but there was a junior I see a few transfers from Lackawanna College, not the first time I have seen transfers from there. I see where the college is in Scranton, PA, I think they are NAIA. Anyone know anything about that school?

I forget which game game are, but there was a junior college team from Ohio sitting w us and they were scheduled to play Lackawanna on Sunday. Not too surprising that they were impressed w the game day experience. They said they played about 6 games and most move on to a 4 year school w some looking at Findlay...GO Rams!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post

I forget which game game are, but there was a junior I see a few transfers from Lackawanna College, not the first time I have seen transfers from there. I see where the college is in Scranton, PA, I think they are NAIA. Anyone know anything about that school?

I forget which game game are, but there was a junior college team from Ohio sitting w us and they were scheduled to play Lackawanna on Sunday. Not too surprising that they were impressed w the game day experience. They said they played about 6 games and most move on to a 4 year school w some looking at Findlay...GO Rams!

Pretty sure Lackawanna is a Juco.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X