X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

When I look at that roster, first of all, I don't see Q Carter or Dylan Grubbs. On offense, they look pretty deep at all positions, and the OL seems to be pretty strong and 2 deep. On defense, they seem to have good players but have little depth. I guess that's where the transfers will come in. Thoughts?
    Remember with that whole total semester thing some players cannot participate and will return in the Fall. Not sure if those you mention fall under that but every year some have to sit this out.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Spring Ball started today.

Roster is posted.
    When I look at that roster, first of all, I don't see Q Carter or Dylan Grubbs. On offense, they look pretty deep at all positions, and the OL seems to be pretty strong and 2 deep. On defense, they seem to have good players but have little depth. I guess that's where the transfers will come in. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

If Kline does a quick fix here ... I don't know how long they'll be able to keep him. But, hopefully they can keep this going for a couple years.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Nice to see Connor Kelly decided to stay.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Spring Ball started today.

Roster is posted.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    It's Year One so a transition was certainly expected. Hell, he could have ended the year with 10 wins and it would have been a great turnaround.

The thing that sticks out is even when they are losing this year ... they've been in just about every loss. The 19-2 beatings of the past have gone away. He landed a pretty good class last year and also injected some key transfers.

They have a beautiful facility -- and, most importantly, an AD now who actually gives a rats a$$ about baseball. As we know most of the 'non-revenue' sports at IUP were treated as third-class citizens for the past couple decades.

If Kline does a quick fix here ... I don't know how long they'll be able to keep him. But, hopefully they can keep this going for a couple years.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Baseball lost two games today to Walsh (3-2 final in both).

Four games with Seton Hill this weekend. Unlike football and basketball, the Griffins are a power on the diamond.

IUP is now 10-9.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Baseball lost two games today to Walsh (3-2 final in both).

Four games with Seton Hill this weekend. Unlike football and basketball, the Griffins are a power on the diamond.

IUP is now 10-9.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    IUP Baseball swept two games at SRU today -- taking 3 of 4 in the series.

IUP is now 10-7. Amazing turnaround in Kline's first year.

SRU was 10-0 before the IUP series started.
    **** Slimey Pebble!

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Wilson is a first time OC but he's been in the conference for a while. He's also got some pretty good special teams success - something IUP seems to need (too soon?). About as good of a hire as you can get. He was making $20k more at Cal than IUP was paying Gregory - wonder how much more Tort was able to get for his staff.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Wow. That is positive. They seem to also be making progress as the season goes on.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

It was moving in that direction with local bars and even the student coop participating and then we had the murder, a shooting and stabbing, a couple sexual assaults and numerous fights along with massive vandalism, public urinating so no one wanted to touch it. It was way past conservative locals not wanting the kids to have fun. It probably has a lot to do with a decline in the student quality

I'd guess the huge Catch 22 in the theory is 'IUP' would likely have to enter in to some form of partnership with 'Indiana' to have such an event. Such a partnership then directly links IUP to IUPatties ... which totally goes against Driscoll's CYA 'it's not on campus' philosophy.

Granted, the most-recent shooting/murder actually had nothing (directly) to do with IUP -- although it took place on IUPatties and 'near' campus. Those convicted were from 'the hills' surrounding Indiana. I recall one of the victims (struck by a stray or missed shot at the actual target) was an IUP student. That event was likely going down one way or another ... it just happened to occur on IUPatties weekend so of course it will be forever linked -- and made every newscast in PA (directly linking it with IUP and IUPatties).

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

It was moving in that direction with local bars and even the student coop participating and then we had the murder, a shooting and stabbing, a couple sexual assaults and numerous fights along with massive vandalism, public urinating so no one wanted to touch it. It was way past conservative locals not wanting the kids to have fun. It probably has a lot to do with a decline in the student quality

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The S&T Bank IUPatties Spring Festival could be a thing. Corporate sponsorships. Tents...fireworks...bands...maybe even rides! College students sill like rides right?

Maybe a ESports Tent or something...kids love that ****...something at the start of spring to get rid of the winter doldrums.

Can you tell I was a Marketing Major?

It's a crime to see so much potential for not only the school...but for the town. Indiana is basically a regional magnet. Maybe they wouldn't get people coming up in droves from Yinzerburgh...but damn I think people from DuBois and Ebensburg and Greensburg and Johnstown would be inclined to take a ride to Indiana for something to do.

The area's conservative nature is holding it back.....live a little!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X