X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    That is a big advantage for the PSAC that IUP/Rock/Cal/Shep/WCU/Kutz don't have to play each other every year come playoff selection time.
    You're right that it's not every year. But IUP played all five of them last year.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I'd suspect the talent is there, but at the same time, the other teams in the GMAC - particularly Findlay and Tiffin, though you could also add Ohio Dominican to that list - had to have known that they needed to step up their game to be at Ashland's level.
    Yea, GMAC is a tough league. I think its the top conference in our Region top to bottom to be honest. If they added more teams and their top teams didn't have to play a round robin every year, they'd probably get more playoff births. That is a big advantage for the PSAC that IUP/Rock/Cal/Shep/WCU/Kutz don't have to play each other every year come playoff selection time.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

Yea, I've actually been somewhat surprised they haven't taken that next step in the last few seasons. I thought they would step right in as the top team in the GMAC.
    I'd suspect the talent is there, but at the same time, the other teams in the GMAC - particularly Findlay and Tiffin, though you could also add Ohio Dominican to that list - had to have known that they needed to step up their game to be at Ashland's level.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

They're private, but they were typically the second or third best athletic department in the GLIAC (behind GV and Ferris). They're definitely committed to being among the best D2 programs in the country, despite a relatively smaller enrollment from the other "superpowers" of D2.
    Yea, I've actually been somewhat surprised they haven't taken that next step in the last few seasons. I thought they would step right in as the top team in the GMAC.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

Private school similar to Gannon and Mercy? I get that concept, I thought they were public in Ohio.
    They're private, but they were typically the second or third best athletic department in the GLIAC (behind GV and Ferris). They're definitely committed to being among the best D2 programs in the country, despite a relatively smaller enrollment from the other "superpowers" of D2.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Private school similar to Gannon and Mercy? I get that concept, I thought they were public in Ohio.
    Nope Ashland is private. All of Ohio's public schools are D1 except Central State and Shawnee State. Central is D2 but all other D2 schools in Ohio are private.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

"Fully funded" = being allowed to discount up to 36 full scholarships.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

If both teams perform to expectations, could be a rematch in November/December. Ashland is set up to be the big dog in Region 1, facilities are top notch and I think I've read they are fully funded. We'll see if they get there.
    "Fully funded" = being allowed to discount up to 36 full scholarships.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Ashland at IUP in 2023 and 2025; IUP at Ashland 2024 and 2026.

https://iupathletics.com/news/2022/2...g-in-2023.aspx
    If both teams perform to expectations, could be a rematch in November/December. Ashland is set up to be the big dog in Region 1, facilities are top notch and I think I've read they are fully funded. We'll see if they get there.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's good news. I haven't read the release - I assume 2 home, 2 away? Just need to lock up a 22 OOC game.
    Ashland at IUP in 2023 and 2025; IUP at Ashland 2024 and 2026.

https://iupathletics.com/news/2022/2...g-in-2023.aspx

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I can still see the walk-off winning FG from 48 yards in the '17 opener. That was quite a moment.

That would have been good from 56.

That whole game was a great atmosphere. It was at night. Just sayin'
    One of the best memories in recent years. IUP looked bad at the start of that one but somehow found a way. The odd thing was the kid struggled to make kicks after that. Kickers are a strange lot.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    IUP vs Ashland is back starting in 2023. Four year deal! Awesome!
    That's good news. I haven't read the release - I assume 2 home, 2 away? Just need to lock up a 22 OOC game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I can still see the walk-off winning FG from 48 yards in the '17 opener. That was quite a moment.

That would have been good from 56.

That whole game was a great atmosphere. It was at night. Just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X