X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I’ve had no luck finding anything out of Latrobe (or Johnstown). I fly almost exclusively Delta but on occasion look for something quick to DC. Maybe someday I’ll find a fit because I hear it’s about as easy as it gets considering its size. It gets old having to drive to the other side of Pittsburgh to get to the airport.
    It's extremely limited for direct flights.

I like Pittsburgh Airport once I'm there (it's usually dead). Getting there is the pain. I'll often leave at like 3am just to get through the city. I'd rather sit at the airport than in traffic.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Speaking of crop dusters, it's going to be interesting if Spirit pulls out of nearby Latrobe (there are rumors).

I'd assume another Spirit-type would move in. It's not exactly luxury but I fly out of Latrobe frequently. So much easier than going to the Yinzerland.
    I’ve had no luck finding anything out of Latrobe (or Johnstown). I fly almost exclusively Delta but on occasion look for something quick to DC. Maybe someday I’ll find a fit because I hear it’s about as easy as it gets considering its size. It gets old having to drive to the other side of Pittsburgh to get to the airport.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

No they said only prop planes, crop dusters and Fat Nixon’s POS 757 are only allowed to land there…
    Speaking of crop dusters, it's going to be interesting if Spirit pulls out of nearby Latrobe (there are rumors).

I'd assume another Spirit-type would move in. It's not exactly luxury but I fly out of Latrobe frequently. So much easier than going to the Yinzerland.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

They won't let your Learjet land at Jimmy Stewart International?
    No they said only prop planes, crop dusters and Fat Nixon’s POS 757 are only allowed to land there…

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

It would be hard for any alumni to get there on work days…at least ones who have to travel.

Although I don't know how much more I may drive out to Indiana. I hate long drives..I'd rather take a train or a plane to go anywhere more than 2 hours away.

I'll probably be at the game at Millersville next season. That's about it.
    They won't let your Learjet land at Jimmy Stewart International?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

You know my opinion. If they have six home games in a season I'd vote for four of them to be on Thursday nights.

​​​​Those are the only good atmospheres in the funeral parlor known as Miller Stadium.

I've long thought D2 should try to take over Thursday night. We will never, ever compete with D1 football for viewers.

The crowds are much more lively, etc. And, God forbid, students even attend.
    It would be hard for any alumni to get there on work days…at least ones who have to travel.

Although I don't know how much more I may drive out to Indiana. I hate long drives..I'd rather take a train or a plane to go anywhere more than 2 hours away.

I'll probably be at the game at Millersville next season. That's about it.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 02-26-2024, 11:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    While we suspected it, the Ashland game is now confirmed on Thursday night.

Ashland has a tremendous stadium. I'd venture to say it is one of the nicest D2 facilities in the country.

There's no track so you are really close to the action. If you plan on doing a road trip this upcoming season this is a good one.

IUP took a nice crowd out there in 2018. There are nice tailgate lots and a couple nice bar/restaurants close by.
    Marking my calendar now. I made the trip last time and as you said, it’s a great DII football venue and atmosphere. I made the drive from Columbus last time so being back in Indiana adds two hours to the trip! Looks like I’m booking a hotel this time.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

When does it all get started?
    March 22

​​​​​​As for the upcoming season, IUP's first three games are on the road. The first home game is Sept. 28.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

You know my opinion. If they have six home games in a season I'd vote for four of them to be on Thursday nights.

​​​​Those are the only good atmospheres in the funeral parlor known as Miller Stadium.

I've long thought D2 should try to take over Thursday night. We will never, ever compete with D1 football for viewers.

A lot of schools love them, but Thursday games hurt attendance at Pitt, so I prefer Saturday games.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Thursday night P-saction

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

It is kind of a no brainer. They should have agreed to make them all Thursday night games when they signed the contract.

Maybe they did and can't actually announce it. I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Ashland has a tremendous stadium. I'd venture to say it is one of the nicest D2 facilities in the country.

There's no track so you are really close to the action. If you plan on doing a road trip this upcoming season this is a good one.

IUP took a nice crowd out there in 2018. There are nice tailgate lots and a couple nice bar/restaurants close by.
    It is kind of a no brainer. They should have agreed to make them all Thursday night games when they signed the contract.

Maybe they did and can't actually announce it. I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

My guess is he got a good class. As I said, many of the perceived 'big boys' in the PSAC took pretty small high school classes. That in itself should have left a lot of quality players available.

Of course, signing them is the first step. Getting them to Senior Day (at Ship) is the next challenge.
    He seemed to concentrate on staying closer to home this time as they've let some good players from our area get away in recent years. I suspect you might see a little more of this in basketball as well, although I'm sure Fite will continue to look for players in western Pa. and elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I think Mac was to the point of having to do something after the past couple of years and to his credit he and his staff by all accounts went out and got the work done. We'll see how it works out. I don't expect big things next season, but it would be nice if some of these guys stick around and eventually get us back to overall competitiveness.
    My guess is he got a good class. As I said, many of the perceived 'big boys' in the PSAC took pretty small high school classes. That in itself should have left a lot of quality players available.

Of course, signing them is the first step. Getting them to Senior Day (at Ship) is the next challenge.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X