Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    I know this is the football board but this will be of interest to IUP sports fans. I also posted to the basketball board:

Armoni Foster has entered the transfer portal per his Twitter account.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I have to imagine the bow tie goes to the games.
    Yes, President Titanic is at every (home) football and men's basketball game. And, if he can't see what condition Miller is in ... lol ... Lord, save us.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Not seen as a priority by the people who decide the budget & facilities planning. If the president doesn't attend games (and sit in the stands) at Miller but also doesn't attend games at other schools, he/she has no idea what is needed or what is lacking.

I do have to say, it used to be common for PASSHE presidents to attend away games, especially in the division. They would often sit in the president's box for the home school as a guest of the president. That tradition seems to have ended.
    I have to imagine the bow tie goes to the games.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

There are a lot of capital improvements that have been made to the IUP campus. Actually, a whole lot. Why can't they make improvements to the football stadium?
    Not seen as a priority by the people who decide the budget & facilities planning. If the president doesn't attend games (and sit in the stands) at Miller but also doesn't attend games at other schools, he/she has no idea what is needed or what is lacking.

I do have to say, it used to be common for PASSHE presidents to attend away games, especially in the division. They would often sit in the president's box for the home school as a guest of the president. That tradition seems to have ended.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Baseball split today with No. 13 Seton Hill.

Big day.
    The did it again.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    There are a lot of capital improvements that have been made to the IUP campus. Actually, a whole lot. Why can't they make improvements to the football stadium?

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

We have a good shot at the bottom 10 if that list exists.
    Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 04-03-2022, 06:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Baseball split today with No. 13 Seton Hill.

Big day.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Wow! That certainly is eye opening. I would say no school in the PSAC places that much value on football to have a stadium like those.

$44 million! It looks great and all - but for a D2 stadium?
    As a Ship fan, I think our stadium is well-maintained, very adequate for its purpose, and a $2 million locker room upgrade was recently added. Given the current demographic outlook and the state of PASSHE, if anybody could come up with a plan to raise $44 million, I'd much rather it go to our endowment than a football stadium.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Watching this should make every IUP fan cry...why don't we have stadiums like this......

The Top 10 Stadiums in D2......and surprise surprise...not one is in the Pee Sack! LOL

https://youtu.be/7mrz2NoBQEw
    Wow! That certainly is eye opening. I would say no school in the PSAC places that much value on football to have a stadium like those.

$44 million! It looks great and all - but for a D2 stadium?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Watching this should make every IUP fan cry...why don't we have stadiums like this......

The Top 10 Stadiums in D2......and surprise surprise...not one is in the Pee Sack! LOL

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I thought we'd see at least one impact transfer sneak under the radar but it appears not.
    Give it time. Most of IUP's most high-profile transfers didn't tend to surface until D1 Spring ball concludes. Transfer Season is a long season. As mentioned earlier, it certainly appears some Vulcans are coming to the good side of the tracks.

They got their QB out of the portal quickly and that was the most important person to have here for the Spring session. The other position players can learn/adapt much faster. Having a new but highly experienced QB here for the 20-some practices was a huge plus.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

When I look at that roster, first of all, I don't see Q Carter or Dylan Grubbs. On offense, they look pretty deep at all positions, and the OL seems to be pretty strong and 2 deep. On defense, they seem to have good players but have little depth. I guess that's where the transfers will come in. Thoughts?
    I thought we'd see at least one impact transfer sneak under the radar but it appears not.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X