X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Watching the commits become official ... this has to be IUP's biggest haul from the WPIAL in a long time.
    True - the question from me - Is it just quantity, or are they getting quality?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Watching the commits become official ... this has to be IUP's biggest haul from the WPIAL in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Seems to me that if you can get 2,000 people to wear white shirts you should be able to get 2,000 people to wear a mask.
    You'd have way better odds with the white shirts.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Slippery Rock is going to be interesting on Saturday.

For those who don't follow basketball, they did a one week ban on fans. It is lifted effective this Saturday for the IUP game.

What will be interesting, mask-wise, is SRU basketball gets about 200 a game on average -- terrible even by PSAC standards. This game, however, is by far their biggest draw of the year. I've been at Morrow Field House for IUP's visit when it's been nearly sold out. They are already hyping it up on campus and SRU students get pretty jacked up any time IUP comes to town. IUP also traditionally takes a large crowd up there for this game.

We'll see if they got the mask message or if anything is actually enforced. As you said, if they get 2,000 people or more in there ... good luck enforcing anything. Masks 'on' but pulled below your chin is the same as not having them on.

I suspect the SRU president will freak again after this game and they'll go back to no fans.
    Seems to me that if you can get 2,000 people to wear white shirts you should be able to get 2,000 people to wear a mask.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

They are likely in a no-win situation until it is resolved. Charges can be dropped (happens often in such domestic cases), or, he could (eventually) be found not guilty. He could also perhaps plea his charges way down to the point of probably not being a termination offense. They can him too quickly, and he ends up getting the equivalent of parking ticket ... he could have quite the wrongful termination case against IUP.

Add to it, the court process moves at the the speed of a turtle running a 40-yard dash.

But, you don't often see bail set at $10,000 in a domestic.

You would have thought IUP would have made a comment on it. But, they are too worried about masks at basketball games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

It's very difficult, if not impossible, to enforce, both from a logistical and a social point of view. My problem with what you are saying is that these seem to be the same people who tout "individual responsibility." If that's the case, then take some.
    Slippery Rock is going to be interesting on Saturday.

For those who don't follow basketball, they did a one week ban on fans. It is lifted effective this Saturday for the IUP game.

What will be interesting, mask-wise, is SRU basketball gets about 200 a game on average -- terrible even by PSAC standards. This game, however, is by far their biggest draw of the year. I've been at Morrow Field House for IUP's visit when it's been nearly sold out. They are already hyping it up on campus and SRU students get pretty jacked up any time IUP comes to town. IUP also traditionally takes a large crowd up there for this game.

We'll see if they got the mask message or if anything is actually enforced. As you said, if they get 2,000 people or more in there ... good luck enforcing anything. Masks 'on' but pulled below your chin is the same as not having them on.

I suspect the SRU president will freak again after this game and they'll go back to no fans.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

It's very difficult, if not impossible, to enforce, both from a logistical and a social point of view. My problem with what you are saying is that these seem to be the same people who tout "individual responsibility." If that's the case, then take some.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I'd add, to be fair, I've been to 5 of IUP's road games this year.

The mask percentages were about the same as the KCAC, some maybe worse. So, it's far from just an IUP thing.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Well, 'most' would be about 80 to 85 percent of the fans who attended IUP basketball games this year at the KCAC. A higher percentage complied earlier in the year (maybe 30%). But, as people saw it wasn't being enforced and that nobody in authority from IUP or the KCAC seemed to care, the vast majority quit caring and took them off.

If rules aren't enforced, they aren't followed. That starts with 1-year-olds and goes all the way up. So, now it's shut down for 14 days.

I can't wait to see the magic button, new rule they propose -- and, most importantly, will they actually enforce it? Indiana County isn't exactly mask country. If they don't strictly enforce it, nobody is going to oblige. My guess is they will lift the ban on attendance for the Feb. 19 Seton Hill game. Everybody will ignore it again, and, that will be the last game this year with fans.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Well, 'most' would be about 80 to 85 percent of the fans who attended IUP basketball games this year at the KCAC. A higher percentage complied earlier in the year (maybe 30%). But, as people saw it wasn't being enforced and that nobody in authority from IUP or the KCAC seemed to care, the vast majority quit caring and took them off.

If rules aren't enforced, they aren't followed. That starts with 1-year-olds and goes all the way up. So, now it's shut down for 14 days.

I can't wait to see the magic button, new rule they propose -- and, most importantly, will they actually enforce it? Indiana County isn't exactly mask country. If they don't strictly enforce it, nobody is going to oblige. My guess is they will lift the ban on attendance for the Feb. 19 Seton Hill game. Everybody will ignore it again, and, that will be the last game this year with fans.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Other PSAC schools have prohibited spectators at events due to mask non-compliance. So, wear the darn mask.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I've noticed its people who are more often inside with others or inside without others/outside. The former are now used to masks and offer little resistance. Its the latter. Some of it I understand. But in my opinion, IUP just has to cite the state directive and it ends there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

They are likely in a no-win situation until it is resolved. Charges can be dropped (happens often in such domestic cases), or, he could (eventually) be found not guilty. He could also perhaps plea his charges way down to the point of probably not being a termination offense. They can him too quickly, and he ends up getting the equivalent of parking ticket ... he could have quite the wrongful termination case against IUP.

Add to it, the court process moves at the the speed of a turtle running a 40-yard dash.

You would have thought IUP would have made a comment on it. But, they are too worried about masks at basketball games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    TG preliminary hearing rescheduled for March 7.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X