Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

Here we go 🙄….no transfer on the planet can help this coaching staff get out of their own way. Let’s shut this down before it gets out of hand, again.
    I don’t even respond to the CU hater, that program is an embarrassment to the PSAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP hasn't exactly been 'down' like this board would lead one to believe. Tort has won two of the past 5 conference titles, and won the Region in 2017.

No denying last year was a total travesty - on sooooooooo many levels. I suppose we are fortunate our disaster year was 6-5.

Who knows what lies ahead. I have a hunch they won't be a fun bunch to play against.
      This.

We definitely gave the team a hard time last year (players and coaches), but it was earned and I think they’d all agree. They weren’t happy either. That said, it was one year and it’s not like big picture the program has regressed in terms of conference and regional play.

Comment

• I just can't wait to beat you guys again!

Note: Listen, I am bored without football and want to talk trash. Is there a way that we can speed this season up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
          I just can't wait to beat you guys again!

Note: Listen, I am bored without football and want to talk trash. Is there a way that we can speed this season up?
          Still zero Pee Sack titles in any sport since joining the Pee Sack.

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

That's easy to believe in the other sports but hard to believe in football.

How Shepherd stinks in men's basketball is hard to fathom (with such close proximity to the very talent-rich DMV).

Comment

How Shepherd stinks in men's basketball is hard to fathom (with such close proximity to the very talent-rich DMV).
              Kutztown seems to have the Rams # unfortunately. Would like to get that monkey off the back for the first conference title, but making the playoffs and advancing has always been the main goal for football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Kutztown seems to have the Rams # unfortunately. Would like to get that monkey off the back for the first conference title, but making the playoffs and advancing has always been the main goal for football.
                I get it. Championships are overrated.

Comment

It's been constant mediocrity in men's basketball. There was one year they made a run to the old WVIAC semifinals, and I felt like they had a puncher's chance. I have come to the conclusion that the administration just doesn't care about basketball.
                  ​

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I would love to have conference titles, but I would rather have those regional championships.

Comment

• Also, thank you guys for indulging my trash talk boredom.

Comment

Also, thank you guys for indulging my trash talk boredom.
                        I don't even think it's trash talk.

One of (the same) 4-5 teams is going to win the PSAC just about every year. We can all pretend otherwise but that's just not reality. The other 10 or so (especially, say, the bottom 6-7) have very little shot.

IUP and SRU seem to rotate back and forth in the West. One is good while the other reloads and vice versa. Shepherd and Kutztown have been the betting favorite every year in the East. Occasionally WCU and Cal make a push. ESU may push WCU out. We'll see. Or, the sleeping giant at WCU may finally wake up.

I don't need to see one roster and I can tell you which teams will be in the PSAC Top 6 come November. Occasionally a team will have a dud. Cal was 6-5 two years ago. IUP was last year. They'll both be back this year.

But, in a typical PSAC there's only really a handful of big games. Sure, the occasional upset happens. Big picture, however, it's the same teams year after year. There are teams heading in to 2024 that have no chance to be competitive. None. This league is so unbalanced.
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

One of (the same) 4-5 teams is going to win the PSAC just about every year. We can all pretend otherwise but that's just not reality. The other 10 or so (especially, say, the bottom 6-7) have very little shot.

IUP and SRU seem to rotate back and forth in the West. One is good while the other reloads and vice versa. Shepherd and Kutztown have been the betting favorite every year in the East. Occasionally WCU and Cal make a push. ESU may push WCU out. We'll see. Or, the sleeping giant at WCU may finally wake up.

I don't need to see one roster and I can tell you which teams will be in the PSAC Top 6 come November. Occasionally a team will have a dud. Cal was 6-5 two years ago. IUP was last year. They'll both be back this year.

But, in a typical PSAC there's only really a handful of big games. Sure, the occasional upset happens. Big picture, however, it's the same teams year after year. There are teams heading in to 2024 that have no chance to be competitive. None. This league is so unbalanced.
                          ​​​​​​
                          I think that can be said of any conference in SR1 right now to an extent. There are usually the same few teams at the top and then everyone else. Shepherd will be fine if the QB situation pans out. If not, they'll be fighting for every win like last season. It's going to be interesting.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I would love to have conference titles, but I would rather have those regional championships.
                            IUP wants both. We will only be happy with complete and total domination. Like it used to be.

Comment

IUP wants both. We will only be happy with complete and total domination. Like it used to be.
                              Keep projecting...Your next foosball Natty will be your 1st...Such domination...You sound like Trump...

Comment

​​​​​​
                                I think most conferences are like that now. While there is some rise and fall in national programs, you seem to hear the same few names each year. Some of the more successful D2 programs sometimes go up to crap FCS conferences. A few, such as James Madison, sometimes go bigger. With limited scholarships, it's not easy to build a D2 football program, and the transfer portal has really made it hard to get up off the floor. By all accounts, Mac has had a good recruiting year at Ship, but he probably doesn't have enough experienced players, especially on the o-line, for an outstanding year, so it's difficult to see them contending next season. So if they have another mediocre year, can he keep the good players he got, or does he leak players such as Dorsey, Douglass, etc. again? Rinse, wash, repeat, and it gets old very quickly. Not like basketball where you can pick up 2-3 good players and boom!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X