X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I saw that on Twitter, too. But Tuesday is the day to announce final rosters, and from what I have seen on various media sites, the Jets haven't announced theirs yet. In fact, there are a couple sites that posted projected rosters and they don't have Irvin projected to make the team.
    The Jets roster linked on Tort's tweet had 80 players on it. Maybe some folks know the final cuts ahead of time?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I don't know offhand if it's true for the three schools you mentioned, but enrollments are dropping at many Pa.. schools, and the WPIAL and Pennsylvania football as a whole ain't what they used to be. State championships are probably increasingly going to to schools such as the large Philadelphia Catholic schools who and some of the smaller private schools who recruit from a larger base than most publics, and Pa. under its current playoff system is happy to let them trounce overmatched opponents.
    The move to six classifications hurt the WPIAL and has devastated rural schools. Many small publics are going up against the small SEPA privates and its not going well. In the WPIAL, enrollment is only stable/growing in the "outer ring" suburbs that are on the Allegheny County perimeter and adjacent to interstate. I live in Avonworth, which was single A in the old system, but has doubled in recent years and is 3A in the new system benefitting from undeveloped land between I-79 and I-279.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Off-topic but it wasn't a pretty week for the traditional powers in the WPIAL.

Pine-Richland lost at home, 42-0. Pittsburgh Central Catholic and Thomas Jefferson also both got blown out. All three played powerful programs from other states.

My last count the WPIAL went 1-7 this weekend against out of league teams.
    Avonworth (WPIAL 3A) beat Grove City (District 10) 27-7. Was that your lone win?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Irvin Charles made the Jets roster. Awesome.
    I saw that on Twitter, too. But Tuesday is the day to announce final rosters, and from what I have seen on various media sites, the Jets haven't announced theirs yet. In fact, there are a couple sites that posted projected rosters and they don't have Irvin projected to make the team.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Pine-Richland lost at home, 42-0. Pittsburgh Central Catholic and Thomas Jefferson also both got blown out. All three played powerful programs from other states.

I don't know offhand if it's true for the three schools you mentioned, but enrollments are dropping at many Pa.. schools, and the WPIAL and Pennsylvania football as a whole ain't what they used to be. State championships are probably increasingly going to to schools such as the large Philadelphia Catholic schools who and some of the smaller private schools who recruit from a larger base than most publics, and Pa. under its current playoff system is happy to let them trounce overmatched opponents.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    That's nice. Chiefs still haven't released their final 53 so no word on former Edinboro OL Vitaliy Gurman making their team.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Only if you are putting out a huge Bro Tailgate.
    What are we throwing on the grill?

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    6PM kickoff

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Only if you are putting out a huge Bro Tailgate.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

He was in Migos and is married to Cardi B. Duh.

Actually I just googled that.
    LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Volleyball won their opener, 3-1, against East Stroudsburg. Big win.

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Who?
    He was in Migos and is married to Cardi B. Duh.

Actually I just googled that.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X