X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post

Speaking of travel money, go over to the IUP basketball thread. Coach Joe invited you to a game in Erie.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 02-03-2022, 09:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Last edited by IUPNation; 02-03-2022, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

At sone point with everyone lacking travel money every conference is going to decide to play an all conference slate unless each region negotiates a scheduling agreement among their conferences.
    Speaking of travel money, go over to the IUP basketball thread. Coach Joe invited you to a game in Erie.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It would just make way too much sense for those looking for a Week 1 game to just book one within the dang conference.

Tort's on the magic quest for cupcakes but no cupcakes are going to agree to come here without a nice piece of change guarantee.
    At sone point with everyone lacking travel money every conference is going to decide to play an all conference slate unless each region negotiates a scheduling agreement among their conferences.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You and I think alike.

On social media, IUP and its promoters love to talk about its elite status. But they definitely don't schedule that way. It's almost like they'd rather brag about their win percentage than play an elite schedule like the elite team they are.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Last edited by IUPNation; 02-03-2022, 08:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

THE BLUE MASK DO NOT WORK TO FIGHT COVID!!! ITS THAT SIMPLE! QUESTION, IF THEY WORK WHY IS COIVD STILL HERE? ANOTHER CLOWN!

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Mask do not work you Clown.
    Yes they do loser.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Maybe the hype-machine that runs the Twitter account. But, by and large, the fan base isn't real excited as of late. Are some living in the past? Perhaps.

I think last year was a total freaking disaster. I've never seen a team that can't play at home. It's like Tort gives them Nyquil before the games. And, of course, the maddening thing is I saw the spirit and emotion that same team had when it clobbered Slippery Rock on the road.

In my opinion, IUP will always get hype, but if you put 4 big games a year in front of me and have me bet before the season starts ... I'm taking 2-2 every time.

Times are different. Most on this forum (I think) are of the age they remember the glory years when IUP curb-stomped the league most years. As said above, that happened for a variety of reasons: Drastically more money. A goal, most importantly supported by top brass, to become a national program. IUP was the first team in the conference to actively buy lots of high-profile transfers (baggage and all in that era). And, to drive the most important point home, drastically more money. While Tort has his moments -- good and bad -- he's no Frank. Maybe someday, but not yet.

Sure, they are a 'top tier' program in the PSAC, but clearly not the one on top. There is parity at the top now. Will IUP win a conference title again in the next 5 years? Probably. Will they win two? I doubt it. Will they lose at Adamson next year in the final 30 seconds on some fluke play? Probably.

I can't pinpoint it. Something .... has just been slightly off the past couple seasons. We see the good. We see the bad. We see the hyped up version one week. We see the zombies the next week.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Well, Tort is glowing about Sexton. So, I think they are pretty happy. Quite a story about how they got him.

Tort also said there may yet be a high school QB and RB announced.

He said they are not currently in the market for another transfer QB.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    The Valdosta idea isn't even worth considering.

Yeah, say they somehow get sky-high and go down there and win. Then they travel back all day Sunday (in a bus). Monday everybody is exhausted. So, now you have an extremely short week for what will likely be a tough (very long again) road trip to ESU. Turn around and prep for yet another road game to Shippensburg.

If you are rolling with private planes, etc., .... maybe. But, this is the bus leagues. It just wouldn't make any sense. On top of it, who is paying for this trip?

I don't see anybody else volunteering.
    You're right. It's a 14 hour 38 minute drive from Indiana, PA to Valdosta, GA. And you have to stop to eat, etc. It's not doable. Too bad.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The Valdosta idea isn't even worth considering.

Yeah, say they somehow get sky-high and go down there and win. Then they travel back all day Sunday (in a bus). Monday everybody is exhausted. So, now you have an extremely short week for what will likely be a tough (very long again) road trip to ESU. Turn around and prep for yet another road game to Shippensburg.

If you are rolling with private planes, etc., .... maybe. But, this is the bus leagues. It just wouldn't make any sense. On top of it, who is paying for this trip?

I don't see anybody else volunteering.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

You and I think alike.

On social media, IUP and its promoters love to talk about its elite status. But they definitely don't schedule that way. It's almost like they'd rather brag about their win percentage than play an elite schedule like the elite team they are.

Maybe the hype-machine that runs the Twitter account. But, by and large, the fan base isn't real excited as of late. Are some living in the past? Perhaps.

I think last year was a total freaking disaster. I've never seen a team that can't play at home. It's like Tort gives them Nyquil before the games. And, of course, the maddening thing is I saw the spirit and emotion that same team had when it clobbered Slippery Rock on the road.

In my opinion, IUP will always get hype, but if you put 4 big games a year in front of me and have me bet before the season starts ... I'm taking 2-2 every time.

Times are different. Most on this forum (I think) are of the age they remember the glory years when IUP curb-stomped the league most years. As said above, that happened for a variety of reasons: Drastically more money. A goal, most importantly supported by top brass, to become a national program. IUP was the first team in the conference to actively buy lots of high-profile transfers (baggage and all in that era). And, to drive the most important point home, drastically more money. While Tort has his moments -- good and bad -- he's no Frank. Maybe someday, but not yet.

Sure, they are a 'top tier' program in the PSAC, but clearly not the one on top. There is parity at the top now. Will IUP win a conference title again in the next 5 years? Probably. Will they win two? I doubt it. Will they lose at Adamson next year in the final 30 seconds on some fluke play? Probably.

I can't pinpoint it. Something .... has just been slightly off the past couple seasons. We see the good. We see the bad. We see the hyped up version one week. We see the zombies the next week.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

You and I think alike.
    Are you left-handed?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Ok, I don't think it will happen so this is basically theory. I tend to lean towards not shying away from something like that. IUP used to play the best in D2. Under Frank, the idea was to match up with the top teams from other regions. Now, though, the scoring for getting into the playoffs goes against playing teams from other regions (I think). So, I get that.

I just think IUP needs to elevate itself somehow. I would have no problem with them taking that chance. I think it would shake things up quite a bit. And, it would reverberate beyond IUP. It would make things more interesting.

Now, if the consideration is that we think we aren't good enough anymore, that's different, I guess.
    You and I think alike.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X