• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

A class of 48 isn't a good thing.

Where did all last years players go?
    I believe there isn't a roster limit for DII, so he could bring in 100 if they agree. 48 players is roughly $1 million in tuition & fee revenue - a huge number at a smaller school like Lock Haven - that could possibly win him some favor and/or resources. Its hard to judge a coach's ability at Lock Haven when there's just so much going against them, but the guy has brought in a staff that clearly has energy and can sell that to kids. There were several who signed with Lock Haven over programs who will win no less than 4 or 5 games this year.

There are things to sell at Lock Haven both football and not football - but this staff also does a great job on social media. Clarion is also doing a great job online. That's a huge thing anymore. The online brag about your official visit and the accompanying photo shoot with props & monochrome lighting matters just as much to some as prestige.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Lock Haven with 48 signed from 10 states.
    A class of 48 isn't a good thing.

Where did all last years players go?

Leave a comment:

• Sec10-A-14
    replied
    At Gannon 28 in, includes 1 drop & 3 surprises

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Wait till they all arrive in Lock Haven and see they play foosball on a field hockey field.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

They picked up a number of transfers from crappy New England schools plus Stonehill and a pair of Minnesota JUCOs. Makes me wonder if the new coach just decided to cast as wide a net as possible to try and flush out the leftovers of the previous staffs recruiting efforts through sheer numbers. I think most of us experienced D2 fans know that not all 48 of these guys will be on the final roster between normal losses to academic issues, second thoughts, or injuries so I’d suggest Lock Haven fans enjoy the rush of signing a big class while they can.
    Last year they signed 46 freshman and 12 transfers from 11 states in the recruiting class , so the numbers aren't much different.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCat2192
    replied
    They picked up a number of transfers from crappy New England schools plus Stonehill and a pair of Minnesota JUCOs. Makes me wonder if the new coach just decided to cast as wide a net as possible to try and flush out the leftovers of the previous staffs recruiting efforts through sheer numbers. I think most of us experienced D2 fans know that not all 48 of these guys will be on the final roster between normal losses to academic issues, second thoughts, or injuries so I’d suggest Lock Haven fans enjoy the rush of signing a big class while they can.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post

I saw that - WTF? Either they found a whale of a donor to find the program, the head Football coach is finding scholarships himself, they’re using some super secret funding, or there are a lot of kids all over the country that are happy to play football in the middle of nowhere… WTF.
    Several transfers, so I am guessing the chance to play.

Leave a comment:

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied
    I saw that - WTF? Actually, from their report, it’s 11 different states… Either they found a whale of a donor to fund the program, the head Football coach is funding scholarships himself, they’re using some super secret funding, or there are a lot of kids all over the country that are happy to play football in the middle of nowhere… WTF.
    Last edited by IUsuallyPonder; 02-01-2023, 05:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Ship's early recruiting class announced today:

Name Pos. Ht. Wt. High School
    Jibril Barksdale DL 6-3 250 West Deptford
    Gabe Benjamin DB 5-10 165 Hempfield
    Connor Black LB 6-3 215 Big Spring
    Jack Brennan OL 6-8 265 Morris Knolls
    Karim Brice WR 5-10 170 Liberty
    Nick Castorina LB 6-1 225 Pope John Paul XXIII
    Charlie Fortney ATH 5-10 175 Lower Dauphin
    Riley Gunnels QB 6-4 220 Ocean City
    RJ Harrison DL 6-4 250 Bell Multicultural
    Hunter Hildenbrand WR 6-0 165 Lampeter-Strasburg
    Luke Hines DL 6-2 210 Lampeter-Strasburg
    Jaquan Redfern DL 6-2 250 Schalick
    Jack Reed QB 6-1 195 Warwick
    Andre Weidman RB 6-1 205 Ephrata
    Derek Witmer P 6-0 190 Cedar Cliff

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It’s how it goes in most bars on a Saturday..,you give a verbal to hookup but then at 1:30 am you might get a better offer and move on.

:-)
    IUP's practice of swooping in late causes a lot of chaos.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Often times it's as simple as a better offer coming along. Money and program prestige talks.
    It’s how it goes in most bars on a Saturday..,you give a verbal to hookup but then at 1:30 am you might get a better offer and move on.

:-)

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Just goes to show that “commitments” don’t mean anything until the pen actually hits the paper. I don’t blame guys for changing their mind since teams regularly show they’re not committed to the “student-athletes” and coaches come and go too.
    Often times it's as simple as a better offer coming along. Money and program prestige talks.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCat2192
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Just goes to show that “commitments” don’t mean anything until the pen actually hits the paper. I don’t blame guys for changing their mind since teams regularly show they’re not committed to the “student-athletes” and coaches come and go too.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

HC Fisher caught lightening in a bottle in 1979. It wasn't expected and hasn't been close since, but who knows, maybe lighting strikes twice and they get another championship soon. That is a weak list of powerhouses btw.
    Since he left out Shepherd and Kutztown, I think it was an attempt at sarcasm.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X