Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I am sure the number of people who use the turnpike for commuting from the Morgantown exit the whole way to the NJ state line dwarfs anything on 79 or 80. I always thought the I-80 tolls should have been implemented.
    I imagine it does - but you also have a metro area in the corner of the state with 3 others right there. There are also a lot of people who commute from northern New Jersey to work in the Allentown-Bethlehem area. The only way I'd be for it is if they can somehow prove that it will reduce the number of tractor trailers on 80. There are times of the year when its almost unbearable - especially when the roads get iffy in winter time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I imagine it does - but you also have a metro area in the corner of the state with 3 others right there. There are also a lot of people who commute from northern New Jersey to work in the Allentown-Bethlehem area. The only way I'd be for it is if they can somehow prove that it will reduce the number of tractor trailers on 80. There are times of the year when its almost unbearable - especially when the roads get iffy in winter time.
      Imagine all those trucking companies on 80 from out of state paying tolls for the wear and tear on the roads. To me, the hyperbole the reps on "the I-80 corridor" came up with to avoid paying their fair share was obscene. Then they complain about their money going to Philadelphia. Gimme a break.

Funny how we go from Bagnet (sp) to this in a couple of posts, isn't it? I'm rooting for Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I-80 (and I-79) is used much more of a commuter highway between small towns than the turnpike because there are more exits. It does happen (lots of people use 76 every day to get to points & roads between Greensburg and Cranberry) but not to the degree on 79 and 80. Several decades ago the state rewrote its entire state constitution from scratch. Its overdue to rewrite a lot of the state government operations from scratch.
        The Turnpike is used as a commuter highway in Southeastern PA. It’s the fastest way for me to get anywhere in Montgomery County or to Philadelphia.

It cost the same for me to go from the Downingtown Interchange to Fort Washington to go see my dad each week as it would for me to go from Downingtown to the Lebanon-Lancaster exit which is 20 plus miles further.

So guess which part of the state pays the highest cents per mile on the Turnpike? I guess it being the best In Shape expressway in this area is some benefit…the Turnpike crew keeps it pretty clean and they fix the potholes.

Even Tyson would go broke on his rookie contract paying tolls down here.
        Last edited by IUPNation; 08-21-2023, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
          I hope he does make it on the roster so the Region 3 fanboys have to admit Region 1 can produce top notch players and his Harlon Hill win was legit.
          I won't lie. It would be nice to say, "Yeah, he was so overrated that he ended up on a roster in the NFL. How did your QB do?” The dismissal of his accomplishments has been frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I won't lie. It would be nice to say, "Yeah, he was so overrated that he ended up on a roster in the NFL. How did your QB do?” The dismissal of his accomplishments has been frustrating.
            Imagine if he played behind the Ferris Bueller line the last two seasons…he might have been drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
              This is awesome. Best of luck to the youngster.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...over-pj-walker
              I hope he makes the roster! Really pulling for him!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

That 6 hour drive from Erie to West Chester is a piece of cake...
                Some conferences are spread over several states. And most of West Chester's travel is in the Eastern Division.

Comment

I'm a region 3 guy and I'm rooting for him. I root for all the d2 players that make the nfl, and I think most on here do the same.

Comment

That video on Bagent in the second preseason game is very impressive.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1693122473204551730

Comment

Saw online that the Bears QB coach was the QB coach at Mercyhurst in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                        That video on Bagent in the second preseason game is very impressive.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1693122473204551730
                        He certainly looked comfortable out there. The experience he had in taking so many snaps at Shepherd seems to have served him well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

He certainly looked comfortable out there. The experience he had in taking so many snaps at Shepherd seems to have served him well.
                          Read an article where a Bears WR said he was surprised by the poise and presence of Bagent and said that he doesn't play like a rookie. Quite a compliment.

Comment

The last time I remember the Bears being any good, they had a coked up punter at QB.

Imagine what they could do with Bagent.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Imagine if he played behind the Ferris Bueller line the last two seasons…he might have been drafted.
                              It does make you wonder if he had went to WVU or Maryland last year instead of staying in D2. There is certainly a stereotype on (not) drafting D2 QBs.

I think he'll be their No. 2 QB. The other two are bums that he's smoking in camp. The way Fields plays Bagent could get a couple starts this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It does make you wonder if he had went to WVU or Maryland last year instead of staying in D2. There is certainly a stereotype on (not) drafting D2 QBs.

I think he'll be their No. 2 QB. The other two are bums that he's smoking in camp. The way Fields plays Bagent could get a couple starts this year.
                                For a DII kid coming in that automatically has to overcome a lot of noise and doubt, landing with the Bears was ideal. He very likely may get a shot to play this year if he ends up QB2 when the dust settles and that will be his opportunity to prove himself. I can’t imagine the Bears truly believe Fields is their guy in the long run. I think things are setting up pretty well for Bagent.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X