Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    I hope he does make it on the roster so the Region 3 fanboys have to admit Region 1 can produce top notch players and his Harlon Hill win was legit.
    Very accurate. And this wasn't as clear until I looked at the list of Harlon Hill winners.

Do you know the last winner to put in ANY NFL regular-season time was two-timer Jason Vander Laan of Ferris State in 2014 and 2015? And he was a college QB who got six games of action as a tight end with the Jets.

Bagent's the fourth PSAC player to win the award since 2012. (Which, by the way, you can throw in the face of a Region 3 fanboi any time you get the chance.) But the first three -- Ship's Zach Zulli (2012), Bloomsburg's Franklin Quiteh (2013) and Sippery Rock's Roland Rivers III (2019) -- didn't even get close to an NFL roster.

So Bagent is walking in pretty rare air, and it's air that makes the conference, the region, and D-II football look better to the uninitiated.

Comment

I will be shocked if Bagent isn't on the roster now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
        I will be shocked if Bagent isn't on the roster now.
        What the frig is taking the Bears so long to figure it out?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

What the frig is taking the Bears so long to figure it out?
          Roster cuts aren't finished until Tuesday. The NFL does one big cut now.

Comment

The Bears have released PJ Walker. All indications are that Tyson Bagent will be QB2 in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
              The Bears have released PJ Walker. All indications are that Tyson Bagent will be QB2 in Chicago.
              Awesome

Comment

Bears release Walker and have Tyson as QB2. He has been impressive so far..

Comment

There's another Bagent in the Shepherd football family. Ezra Bagent is a Freshman QB. YIKES...

Comment

Bagent is so talented. He clearly plays like a veteran - and I'm not a football guy to notice much difference. The UDFA to QB2 in one summer storyline is incredible. His worst case scenario if this doesn't play out is heading north to make some good money in the CFL. Former PSAC Harlon Hill finalist Trevor Harris (also an UDFA making it to the final cut with JAX) has carved out a nice career making mid 6-figures CD as a starting QB.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                      There's another Bagent in the Shepherd football family. Ezra Bagent is a Freshman QB. YIKES...
                      Yep, he's 100% going to redshirt. But spring it'll be him or Powell in the qb battle or see if they just go the IUP route and become a transfer QB destination. Hope they don't, but can certainly understand if they do. I think Powell has ability for sure, but if not maybe we get another few years with the Bagent family!

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yep, he's 100% going to redshirt. But spring it'll be him or Powell in the qb battle or see if they just go the IUP route and become a transfer QB destination. Hope they don't, but can certainly understand if they do. I think Powell has ability for sure, but if not maybe we get another few years with the Bagent family!
                        I'm a little biased on Powell, grew up with his dad. (Chance was the Ship U receivers coach for close to a decade, the Shippensburg High coach before that). But the kid had pretty stunning numbers for that Bishop McDevitt machine a few years ago. Always a high completion rate. If nothing else, being a starting QB for McDevitt is a pretty good indicator of pedigree.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I'm a little biased on Powell, grew up with his dad. (Chance was the Ship U receivers coach for close to a decade, the Shippensburg High coach before that). But the kid had pretty stunning numbers for that Bishop McDevitt machine a few years ago. Always a high completion rate. If nothing else, being a starting QB for McDevitt is a pretty good indicator of pedigree.
                          I've heard good things about him for sure, and was told it was a back and forth qb competition. But it didn't take a genius to see that Morgan was going to have to lose the job and play terrible to not be the starter. They brought a coach of his from VMI to be the OC, Powell was going to have to blow the doors off to get the job. A lot can happen during a football season though, and it's nice to know they have capable players behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I've heard good things about him for sure, and was told it was a back and forth qb competition. But it didn't take a genius to see that Morgan was going to have to lose the job and play terrible to not be the starter. They brought a coach of his from VMI to be the OC, Powell was going to have to blow the doors off to get the job. A lot can happen during a football season though, and it's nice to know they have capable players behind them.
                            That was an odd hire in my opinion - His whole career seems to have focused on defense and special teams and they make him the OC. But, we'll see how it pans out and if he is successful, he'll leave like the others :)

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

That was an odd hire in my opinion - His whole career seems to have focused on defense and special teams and they make him the OC. But, we'll see how it pans out and if he is successful, he'll leave like the others :)
                              It's not personal. The goal of a D2 assistant coach is to no longer be a D2 assistant coach -- as quickly as possible. Big money to be made in college coaching ... it's just not down here in the bush leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

It's Ernie's offense, really doesn't matter who the OC is.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X