Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll never hear about Denny Douds' 4th timeout ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
      Lol. That is true.

Tort is actually still arguing that 1 + 2 is 4

Comment

Luzt escaped the victory formation from the shotgun to lose at Ship a few years ago. Tort with his winning percentage will survive, of course Lutz' s faux pas was on the road.

Comment

I know it’s pulling a loss from the jaws of victory, but IUP was a bit lucky to even be in that position. This is the worst IUP O-line I’ve seen in years. I can’t think of a worse one at the moment. All anyone wanted to talk about was how big they are. Who the flip cares?

On top of that the play calling was utterly confusing at times. Too many examples to count. Why they slow the game down with all those weapons defies logic. They need to go much faster and put the defense on its heels. The pace is anemic.

This is not a playoff caliber team without a dramatic turnaround. I could easily see at least three losses.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
            I know it’s pulling a loss from the jaws of victory, but IUP was a bit lucky to even be in that position. This is the worst IUP O-line I’ve seen in years. I can’t think of a worse one at the moment. All anyone wanted to talk about was how big they are. Who the flip cares?

On top of that the play calling was utterly confusing at times. Too many examples to count. This is not a playoff caliber team without a dramatic turnaround. I could easily see at least three losses.
            IUP can't run a lick with all those good RBs. OL is horrendous. Worst in 35 years.

The staff knows it ... which was obvious in the final minute.

They should have thrown every play all day.

Comment

I laughed out loud at this. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP can't run a lick with all those good RBs. OL is horrendous. Worst in 35 years.

The staff knows it ... which was obvious in the final minute.

They should have thrown every play all day.
                If they threw every play, Hunter would not finish the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

If they threw every play, Hunter would not finish the season.
                  Based on what we’ve seen so far, the QB was better last year. I don’t want to be totally unfair to Hunter because he’s had a ton of pressure, but we’re not seeing the mobility we expected and he missed some wide open throws. Giving credit where it’s due though, the 4th down pass to Ridley was superb.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

You could hear it on the broadcast. You could also hear what I assume are IUP coaches screaming, "They're out on the field!" And I still don't know what they meant by that.
                    I’m guessing they were hoping for some sort of too many men on the field, or possibly an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, though I’m pretty sure the clock was at 0 when the ESU team rushed the field. They were just grasping at straws to explain what just happened I’m sure, just like we all were.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Based on what we’ve seen so far, the QB was better last year. I don’t want to be totally unfair to Hunter because he’s had a ton of pressure, but we’re not seeing the mobility we expected and he missed some wide open throws. Giving credit where it’s due though, the 4th down pass to Ridley was superb.
                      Sexton had a tremendously better OL in front of him. This group looks good getting off the bus but then the game starts. IUP can't run. At all. There's nowhere to run.

​​​​​​They played well enough to beat a good team. They should have won. ESU didn't beat them. Simple math beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I’m guessing they were hoping for some sort of too many men on the field, or possibly an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, though I’m pretty sure the clock was at 0 when the ESU team rushed the field. They were just grasping at straws to explain what just happened I’m sure, just like we all were.
                        That's probably right. After watching it again, it did happen about the time the clock hit :00.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Sexton had a tremendously better OL in front of him. This group looks good getting off the bus but then the game starts. IUP can't run. At all. There's nowhere to run.

​​​​​​They played well enough to beat a good team. They should have won. ESU didn't beat them. Simple math beat them.
                          Final score doesn't say any of that. ESU deserves some credit but won't find any...

Comment

Final score doesn't say any of that. ESU deserves some credit but won't find any...
                            I'm not an apologist. One team left with a win. One with a loss. Both defenses were great.

But, everybody knows that was a collassal F up by IUP to lose that game.

To your point, it doesn't matter how you win. You won.

Comment

Im playing the world’s tiniest violin.

IUP out gained East Dennyburg by 102 yards. I mean to me the ending shouldn’t have even happened when you move the ball more there should have been more points on the board. The bigger problem was not putting more points on the board.

If your team had kicked IUP ass all over the field and beat them down good is when you get all the credit in the world. East Dennyburg didn’t stop IUP in the end. IUP stopped itself yet again. Take the gift horse and be happy..you won your Super Bowl tonight. Every team good or bad wins a game with a lucky bounce or break to snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat.
                              Last edited by IUPNation; 09-09-2023, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Im playing the world’s tiniest violin.

If your team had kicked IUP ass all over the field and beat them down good is when you get all the credit in the world. East Dennyburg didn’t stop IUP in the end. IUP stopped itself because our Slimey Pebble educated coach wasn’t taught how to count. Take the gift horse and be happy..you won your Super Bowl tonight. Every team good or bad wins a game with a lucky bounce or break to snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat.
                                Final Score - ESU 13, IUP of Remedial Math 12

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X