Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It isn't but two losses typically puts your fate in the hands of others. Tort needs a win.
    Well...Ashland is past it's hard part of it's schedule. So they will get to .500 or above.

East Dennyburg looks to do pretty well this year.

Shippensburg may sink...they only have one easy game left.

IUP's SOS should be okay enough...but running the table in the West and getting revenge on either Shepherd or East Dennyburg in the The State Game would be nice.

Comment

Don't even give Ship a thought. They're not doing much of anything the rest of '23.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

LOL!!!!

Going by Google Street View...it's Edinboro without the nice lake

Edinboro also has a Kwik Fill and another gas station on it's main intersection...but it has a restaurant on one corner. So that alone makes it nicer than Slimey Pebble.

I'm sure FS82 can give a expert report on how Edinboro compares to Slimey Pebble as towns.
        Kwik Fill, GetGo, CVS, and the landmark Crossroads Dinor (with the o) LOL. Edinboro can survive the school closing because its a suburb of Erie and a lot of people live there to split Erie & Meadville. A lot of former student rentals were converted back to single family or non-student rentals during covid. That helps a lot. They lack typical cute small town shops and good food beyond typical American family restaurant & college town fair. Ethnically, they have two Chinese restaurants, an Indian/Nepalese restaurant, and a Mexican restaurant (not the Taco Bell). BUT they just lost their Giant Eagle so you have to go at least up the hill to 79 for the Walmart.

SR has been adding. It doesn't look like much because a lot of the town housing is off the main streets. On top of North Country and some fried food places, they have a great new Thai restaurant on the corner and a moonshine distillery restaurant with great food. Ethnically, two Chinese restaurants (one rolls decent sushi), the Thai place, and a small takeout place that has food truck style Tex-Mex food. And of course Bobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Kwik Fill, GetGo, CVS, and the landmark Crossroads Dinor (with the o) LOL. Edinboro can survive the school closing because its a suburb of Erie and a lot of people live there to split Erie & Meadville. A lot of former student rentals were converted back to single family or non-student rentals during covid. That helps a lot. They lack typical cute small town shops and good food beyond typical American family restaurant & college town fair. Ethnically, they have two Chinese restaurants, an Indian/Nepalese restaurant, and a Mexican restaurant (not the Taco Bell). BUT they just lost their Giant Eagle so you have to go at least up the hill to 79 for the Walmart.

SR has been adding. It doesn't look like much because a lot of the town housing is off the main streets. On top of North Country and some fried food places, they have a great new Thai restaurant on the corner and a moonshine distillery restaurant with great food. Ethnically, two Chinese restaurants (one rolls decent sushi), the Thai place, and a small takeout place that has food truck style Tex-Mex food. And of course Bobs.
          The Lake in Edinboro just makes it nicer for me..it’s probably lovely having a house on it with a deck view of the water.

Comment

The Lake in Edinboro just makes it nicer for me..it’s probably lovely having a house on it with a deck view of the water.
            Actually staying on the lake this weekend for Homecoming. In the summer, Edinboro is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Actually staying on the lake this weekend for Homecoming. In the summer, Edinboro is great.
              I loved going to school in the summer while at IUP. It was much more relaxed.

Enjoy your homecoming!

Comment

I loved going to school in the summer while at IUP. It was much more relaxed.

Enjoy your homecoming!
                My favorite memories from IUP were almost all from the summer. I stayed up here three of them.

Back then when IUP was so big, the summer was great because there was like 10 percent of the students here. It was just a different vibe from the chaos of the regular school year.

Summer classes, minor detail, were so freaking easy. That was a nice perk.

Comment

My favorite memories from IUP were almost all from the summer. I stayed up here three of them.

Back then when IUP was so big, the summer was great because there was like 10 percent of the students here. It was just a different vibe from the chaos of the regular school year.

Summer classes, minor detail, were so freaking easy. That was a nice perk.
                  Classes held outside was really nice...either in the Oak Grove or at Flagstone.

Comment

IUP has played 2 really good teams from region 1. Ashland/East Stroudsburg. Slip has only played Millersville. I think Ashland is a really good team regardless of their record. (They have played one of the hardest D2 schedules in the country) East Strouds is #1 in the east right now. come Saturday it does not matter for IUP and Slip but from a fans perspective IUP has played a way harder than slip leading up to this game.

Comment

The band went up to Mercyhurst last weekend. I wonder if the they will travel up to the Rock?

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                        Don't even give Ship a thought. They're not doing much of anything the rest of '23.
                        Yup. My main hope for this season is that they finally settle on a QB who can perform consistenly and take a hit. Also, it would be nice to develop more o-linemen and retain them so they can bring in some skill players and not get them killed next season.

Comment

Believe me IUP wants to win this game yearly but there's much more hysteria within one fan base than the other.
                          IUP fans have almost no hysteria…ever. Only the handful of us who have followed closely for decades care much. The general fan base truly doesn’t care any more about the Slippery Rock game than it does about the Clarion game. It’s amazing how casual the fan base is given the program’s rich history. I certainly see it as a rivalry and the same for Cal more recently, but most don’t care that much.

Comment

We must be the in the same age range. I knew I wasn't crazy thinking Edinboro was our big rival. They were the only other team that gave IUP a game in those days.

Now refresh my memory...did McKavish have any ties to Slimey Pebble? I mean..he is from Ebensburg and you'd think being close to IUP and them being always very good he's want to go where they was already a success plan. Why in the **** would he choose Slimey over IUP? Was it because of the IUP Rule? I mean that is the big reason other programs caught up to IUP be knee capping Frank. I just don't remember the story why he chose Slimey.
                            Edinboro was definitely the rival. I remember those games more vividly than games with Slippery Rock. There were some great games and there really wasn’t a third team in the mix like now with IUP, Cal, and SRU. When I think of Slippery Rock games I primarily recall the homecoming blowout loss followed by the big playoff win that same season and subsequent rock dance.

I don’t believe McKavish was on IUP’s radar screen at the time. As few local players as there are on the roster now, it felt like there were even fewer in those days. It was almost as if IUP didn’t even start looking at players until they were 50 miles outside of town. Realistically, that’s a pretty good strategy given the general level of local talent.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post
                              The band went up to Mercyhurst last weekend. I wonder if the they will travel up to the Rock?
                              Negative. The band will be in Allentown this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I call BS. IUP just seems to try and act like the cool kid who thinks they are better than everyone, SRU knows who they are and embraces it. It's a huge rivalry in our region, probably the premier rivalry in D2 out of SR1, it's silly to try to diminish it.
                                For legacy IUP folks... The Rock was a day on the schedule. Never put up a fight... Well the parents put up a fight in '94 after blow out including a fake punt....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X