Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Can I ask IUPbigINDIANS why is Robert Morris such a bad job? Is it because the many D-I schools in the state that it is almost impossible to bring in actual D-I talent there?
    Football is maybe the #3 sport in the students eyes and maybe #4 or #5 in the athletic department eyes. They're in a really tough conference with tons of travel. That stadium wasn't bad 15 years ago but it's starting to show its age. The video board upgrade is nice. At Lock Haven, their one sided stadium looks out over campus and town. At RMU, the one sided stadium looks out over a Burger King and Giant Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Bobby Mo, St. Francis and those schools are D2/D3 progrsms in FCS clothing.
      I look at the kids in these programs that I had seen in high school, and I see D2 players.

Comment

The fact that there’s a thread on here titled “Lock Haven Football” is proof enough that that program has arrived!

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
          The fact that there’s a thread on here titled “Lock Haven Football” is proof enough that that program has arrived!
          Ms. Taylor’s voodoo dolls had just enough mojo in them to deny them that winning record.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Ms. Taylor’s voodoo dolls had just enough mojo in them to deny them that winning record.
            Actually, LH had so many undisciplined plays and penalties in the second half they looked like a JUCO team.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Actually, LH had so many undisciplined plays and penalties in the second half they looked like a JUCO team.
              It’s a shame they didn’t break the streak.

I wanted to watch them tear down the goal posts and put them in her front yard.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Just not buying the thread. Going from 1 win to 5 is impressive, but some aren't even sure if Coach Mulrooney returns next year.
                Another coach in the East went from 4 wins last year to 9 wins this year. Which is more impressive?

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Just not buying the thread. Going from 1 win to 5 is impressive, but some aren't even sure if Coach Mulrooney returns next year.
                  Another coach in the East went from 4 wins last year to 9 wins this year. Which is more impressive?
                  Start a thread about that.

Comment

Given the fact that Lock Haven hasn't been competitive for more than 40 years, I'd say the Lock Haven guy's accomplishment is easily more impressive. ESU was showing some signs of progress last season. Lock Haven was terrible last year. Their season this year came totally out of the blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Given the fact that Lock Haven hasn't been competitive for more than 40 years, I'd say the Lock Haven guy's accomplishment is easily more impressive. ESU was showing some signs of progress last season. Lock Haven was terrible last year. Their season this year came totally out of the blue.
                      Not really out of the blue. I'm not claiming to be Nostradamus but if you checked posts from pre-season I was the only poster who was bullish on LHU. I thought they could win 4 or 5 games and they did.

Mulrooney has connections. Or, he has connections who have connections. He seems to have a pipeline into New England FCS schools that works well in the PSAC. The LB from PSU helped a lot. He got a RB from Alabama. Who does that? And he made it work (backhanded swipe at IUP).

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Not really out of the blue. I'm not claiming to be Nostradamus but if you checked posts from pre-season I was the only poster who was bullish on LHU. I thought they could win 4 or 5 games and they did.

Mulrooney has connections. Or, he has connections who have connections. He seems to have a pipeline into New England FCS schools that works well in the PSAC. The LB from PSU helped a lot. He got a RB from Alabama. Who does that? And he made it work (backhanded swipe at IUP).
                        Good points. Even CurtCig couldn't land an Alabama transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It's much harder to win 9 games than 5, but ok...I'll yield on the point. Considering the many years the Haven had 0 wins, 5 wins is a major accomplishment. Kudos to Lock Haven and all of their new fans...
                          Last edited by WarriorVoice; 11-12-2023, 01:24 PM.

Comment

It's much harder to win 9 games than 5, but ok...I'll yield on the point. Considering the many years the Haven had 0 wins, 5 wins is a major accomplishment. Kudos to Lock Haven and all of their new fans...
                            Do you know that you're a jackass, or are you oblivious to it?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Well, if you had insight into this, good for you, but I think it's safe to say this was a shock for most of us. And after last season (and the last few decades) who'd have thought Lock Haven would come up with a guy who could get that running back from Alabama? I'll give this guy miracle worker status for getting anyone several states away to come to Clinton County, Pa.

Comment

I'm no Lock Haven fan. I was not amused when Ship dropped its Homecoming game to them. But I recognize a major accomplishment when I see one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X