Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

\East Stroud leads 34-27 with under three minutes to play and the ball in Cal territory.

David Black throws a costly interception for Cal which sets up a Charlie McKee 80 yard TD pass to Evan Roche on the very next play for the go ahead score.

Yet another Vulcan quarterback who excels against the doormats but chokes against the "big boys" ... where have we seen that script before?
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

After a wild ending, Ship takes down Gannon, 17-10. First time in six games that the home team has won in the series.

Comment

37-30 ESU with 11 seconds left after a Cal field goal

Comment

And it's a final:

ESU 37, Cal 30

Cal's season is done thanks to a fourth quarter choke job by the quarterback.

Three second half interceptions by Davis Black leading to 17 ESU points. That's not gonna fly.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Nulph no confidence in kickers? Wow
            Not sure what was going on. My only other guess would be getting a first down would allow them to get the clock further.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
              And it's a final:

ESU 37, Cal 30

Cal's season is done thanks to a fourth quarter choke job by the quarterback.

Three second half interceptions by Davis Black leading to 17 ESU points. That's not gonna fly.
              So much for ESU being frauds...A big win and another defensive performance, holding Cal to under 70 yards rushing...Now, will the PSAC get 4 teams into the bracket?

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

So much for ESU being frauds...A big win and another defensive performance, holding Cal to under 70 yards rushing...Now, will the PSAC get 4 teams into the bracket?
                I think it's almost certain that KU, SRU, Shepherd and ESU will all be in.

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
                  Final IUP 31-0. Until next year....... Time to go get warm.
                  BU fans can warm up by huddling around the dumpster fire that is the basketball team. McFarland can’t be gone soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

BU fans can warm up by huddling around the dumpster fire that is the basketball team. McFarland can’t be gone soon enough.
                    He's not going anywhere.

One of the stupidest things about PASSHE is that Athletic Directors are tenured non-teaching professors. He's a full professor with tenure. Unless someone proves he did something egregious or he's reassigned, you can't get rid of an AD. The job is too consequential to have so much protection.

Comment

• Deep bow in the direction of Kutztown and its fans. I'll be the first to admit I didn't remotely think today would play out like that, but the Golden Bears played like champions.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                        Deep bow in the direction of Kutztown and its fans. I'll be the first to admit I didn't remotely think today would play out like that, but the Golden Bears played like champions.
                        A part of me thought they could win. But not like this, I was expecting like a close 1-2 score game

Comment

• Not a friendly night on the JoePa message boards.

That board makes this seem like a happy family.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Not a friendly night on the JoePa message boards.

That board makes this seem like a happy family.
                            D1 football is more and more a money-grubbing circus, which is why I'm largely done with it. Certainly Franklin can't get the kind of salary he does and not expect to get heat when he isn't beating the other conference big shots. Of course, I remember when Frank Solich and Bo Pelini were fired by Nebraska because they kept going 9-3. Pelini was fired with a 66-27 record. Nebraska has sucked ever since he was fired. Sometimes you'd better beware of what you wish for. When Oregon, Washington, and USC come into the B1G there are going to be some pissed-off fan bases after each season because there'll be about 6-7 teams each year who think they should win the B1G and only one of them will. Get ready for more anguished cries frin the disappointed fans of the football factories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

D1 football is more and more a money-grubbing circus, which is why I'm largely done with it. Certainly Franklin can't get the kind of salary he does and not expect to get heat when he isn't beating the other conference big shots. Of course, I remember when Frank Solich and Bo Pelini were fired by Nebraska because they kept going 9-3. Pelini was fired with a 66-27 record. Nebraska has sucked ever since he was fired. Sometimes you'd better beware of what you wish for. When Oregon, Washington, and USC come into the B1G there are going to be some pissed-off fan bases after each season because there'll be about 6-7 teams each year who think they should win the B1G and only one of them will. Get ready for more anguished cries frin the disappointed fans of the football factories.
                              Don't forget UCLA, too. That's going to be a war.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Pelini got fired as much for his personality and behavior as his record; maybe even more so. It’s not necessarily fair but I don’t think his situation was 1:1 with Solich’s firing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X