Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Some new buses coming to the athletic department. Thanks to Steph Petit again.

https://buhuskies.com/news/2024/4/9/...-athletes.aspx
    Surprised they're doing the BU thing. Seeing that they're CU.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Surprised they're doing the BU thing. Seeing that they're CU.
      Nobody in their right mind is going to donate 900,000 dollars to CU.

Comment

Nobody in their right mind is going to donate 900,000 dollars to CU.
        Agreed. Probably a condition of the donation. Also a concession the PWU crew would be unlikely to allow.

Comment

New black uniforms to be revealed in spring game.

"The Husky football team now sports three uniform sets – an all-maroon set with gold numbers and maroon helmets, primarily worn at home at Redman Stadium, an all-white uniform with maroon helmets and maroon numbers and accents for road games, and now the all-black set with white numbers and black helmets to be used as an alternate option."

https://buhuskies.com/news/2024/4/10...24-season.aspx

Comment

"The Husky football team now sports three uniform sets – an all-maroon set with gold numbers and maroon helmets, primarily worn at home at Redman Stadium, an all-white uniform with maroon helmets and maroon numbers and accents for road games, and now the all-black set with white numbers and black helmets to be used as an alternate option."

The 2nd set of helmets is a big deal. Shepherd has the grey alternate uniform but always has kept the same helmet. Cool move for Bloom there, usually that is a big cost that is avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

The 2nd set of helmets is a big deal. Shepherd has the grey alternate uniform but always has kept the same helmet. Cool move for Bloom there, usually that is a big cost that is avoided.
              Sorry to say, but I'm old school on this. Uniforms should reflect the school colors. Northwestern trots out this black and gold "Gothic" thing for basketball when the school colors are purple and white. Actually, now that I think about it, black and gold are actually Purdue's colors. I'm not a Michigan fan, but if my team is playing the maize and blue, I like to see them come out in the maize and blue. Perhaps I'm in the minority these days, but that's my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Sorry to say, but I'm old school on this. Uniforms should reflect the school colors. Northwestern trots out this black and gold "Gothic" thing for basketball when the school colors are purple and white. Actually, now that I think about it, black and gold are actually Purdue's colors. I'm not a Michigan fan, but if my team is playing the maize and blue, I like to see them come out in the maize and blue. Perhaps I'm in the minority these days, but that's my two cents.
                At that level, it's largely a merchandise thing. The masses of D1 fans will buy anything.

At this level, the players think it's cool. It makes for good Twitter photos come the 'blessed' season of recruiting.

Make no mistake, the young kids love the different uniforms.

Comment

I recall the football team occasionally wearing primarily gray uniforms when I was a student. Wasn’t a big fan of those and doubt I’ll be a huge fan of the all-black alt unless it looks extremely good in execution. At least the grays still had maroon numbers helmets. The black unis sound like they won’t even have that much in line with the normal colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I agree 100%. For those programs flush with cash, just stay in your color scheme.

Like Big said, this level having an alternate I think is a bonus. Shepherd's gray uniforms were a big hit, even though I think they mix and match them with other combinations that don't look that great. (Blue helment, white jersey, gray pants comes to mind).

Comment

Never like when schools deviate from color scheme. Plus they are not very appealing. Would of been better off donating to a football scholarship instead of a uniform u wear once a year. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Never like when schools deviate from color scheme. Plus they are not very appealing. Would of been better off donating to a football scholarship instead of a uniform u wear once a year. Just sayin.
                        It is difficult to understand millions of dollars donated by Mr. Petit tor athletics, but the scholarship numbers don't seem to be going up. Instead the money seems to be spent on the fringes of all sports.

Comment

Bloomsburg hasn't had a winning season in 7 years,but sure, lets buy new uniforms.
                          GO HUSKIES!

Comment

I don't HATE the black uniforms, I just prefer the Maroon and Gold. I will say this, the black won't clash so much with all the pink during breast cancer awareness month,
                            GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Bloom looking to be more physical per spring game report.
                              https://www.newsitem.com/sports/coll...f452a923b.html

Comment

The white numbers really stand out on the new Black jerseys. Outlined in gold, they pop out, always a good thing for an announcer...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X