X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was their 2024 PSAC schedule?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

A commissioner didn't know a school in his conference was leaving.

That makes him a bigger tool than you, which says a lot.
      Seems like nobody knew that they were going to do this. Not even the Erie media, unless they just didn't report it. But talks happened. It's not like Hurst just gets a call on Wednesday from the NEC telling them you have to do this tomorrow.

I think exiting in that way is BS. Reading that IG article, Tort says he is fine with a 10 game schedule but we all know that can hurt a playoff contender come selection time. After all the work that went in to making Ashland an 11th game on the schedule and now IUP is back to 10 games, with little or no recourse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        What was their 2024 PSAC schedule?
        @ Millersville
        vs. Bloomsburg
        @ Seton Hill
        vs. Edinboro
        vs. Clarion
        @ Gannon
        @ Slippery Rock
        vs. California
        @ IUP
        vs. West Chester

Comment

Sure hope Steve has a plan in place. I have my doubts.
          Is Frostburg a done deal ? Seems like the most obvious and easiest choice, but there might be some other possibilities. Lincoln for instance. even New Haven. Move LHU west.

Comment

I have no inside knowledge on this topic. I'm just saying it could be somebody other than Frostburg.

Fairmont and West Liberty are both handy to the West, travel-wise.

The MEC is in Titanic mode, football-wise, right now. Maybe somebody we aren't thinking about would want to join.
            Speculation about MEC and GMAC merging, but why would the GMAC want to merge? They already have 10 football playing schools. They are in a healthy position. What would Northwood want to travel to southern West Virgina?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Seems like nobody knew that they were going to do this. Not even the Erie media, unless they just didn't report it. But talks happened. It's not like Hurst just gets a call on Wednesday from the NEC telling them you have to do this tomorrow.

I think exiting in that way is BS. Reading that IG article, Tort says he is fine with a 10 game schedule but we all know that can hurt a playoff contender come selection time. After all the work that went in to making Ashland an 11th game on the schedule and now IUP is back to 10 games, with little or no recourse.
              Everybody in the West is going to be at 10 games, going to be very hard if not impossible to find replace games in the middle of conference play; good thing Cal got a replacement game for their AB game that was scheduled or they would be at 9.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
                Speculation about MEC and GMAC merging, but why would the GMAC want to merge? They already have 10 football playing schools. They are in a healthy position. What would Northwood want to travel to southern West Virgina?
                I think all the speculation/hope for something like this is from the MEC side. The GMAC is all private schools, mostly faith-based.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stea1th View Post

I think all the speculation/hope for something like this is from the MEC side. The GMAC is all private schools, mostly faith-based.
                  Yeah you are correct. I think MEC needs to look south or at NAIA. I believe Cumberland, or something like that, was mentioned in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The writing is on the wall. The GMAC is probably going to poach a few schools. Conference Carolinas might take the rest just to build up membership.

Frostburg in the Pee Sack just makes more sense for them. I mean if their application hasn't been emailed to The Home Office In Lock Haven this evening I'll be shocked.
                    They might, I don;t know why they would want a full merger (GMAC wise). I posted earlier they are at 10 football playing schools.

Comment

Yeah you are correct. I think MEC needs to look south or at NAIA. I believe Cumberland, or something like that, was mentioned in the past.
                      Point Park has applied to join the MEC (and move up to D2). They are in Pittsburgh. The issues is they don't have football.

Comment

• Delta State has an opening Nov. 2nd. Would be a GREAT game if they can hook up with IUP! Lets make that happen

Northwest Missouri State has an opening Oct. 26th.Cal can replace that game too.

Comment

Delta State has an opening Nov. 2nd. Would be a GREAT game if they can hook up with IUP! Lets make that happen

Northwest Missouri State has an opening Oct. 26th.Cal can replace that game too.
                          Would be tough to play Gannon and Delta St the same day. 🤨

Comment

• Posting potential pickps for games here

Valdosta has an opening Sept. 12th- Valdost and Seton Hill

Mars Hill is open week 2. They can play Bloomsburg (That can actually be bused in less than 9 hours).

Tusculum to MIllersville week 1. 8 hour bus ride

Northen Michigan is looking for a game Sept 21st. That can replace Edinboro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Would be tough to play Gannon and Delta St the same day. 🤨
                              Haha looks like I am 1 week off! However that would have been a good one. I don't think I saw any other openings on the D2 open dates page after Nov. 2nd

Comment

Point Park has applied to join the MEC (and move up to D2). They are in Pittsburgh. The issues is they don't have football.
                                The MEC only needs 6 teams to retain their eligibility for earned access. They'd prefer to have more teams than less, of course, but they still have some buffer room in place even if they lose Frostburg.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X