Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Northwest Missouri State?
    They certainly don’t need money to travel since their foosball expenditures is double anyone in the Pee Sack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

If everyone moves up, D1 means less. It also reduces the scraps of the pie from March Madness and will only embolden the P5 to further consolidate and stack the system against the little guys. All making a move to the bottom of a very tall totem pole less valuable. But what the F do we know.
      I've always wondered why people don't realize this.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

It’s political in a sense as well. These university presidents and administrations want to put it on their resume that they led their schools to the “big time.” They don’t care about the long-term implications because it’s about them while they’re there.
        This is absolutely the case.

Many people running programs are only worried about how the program can benefit them, not the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

This is absolutely the case.

Many people running programs are only worried about how the program can benefit them, not the other way around.
          Well, Mercyhurst sucked in what most perceive as a bad Region of D2 football. What could go wrong? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Northwest Missouri State?
            That would be fun, but Northwest Missouri has 11 games.

Comment

• Did anyone lose their homecoming game because of Mercyhurst?

Comment

That would be fun, but Northwest Missouri has 11 games.
                So are they playing week 0? This week 0 is throwing me off. I saw their scheudle had an opening that Oct. 26th, so I assumed they were looking for a game, but if they play week 0 that will be their bye.

Comment

Did anyone lose their homecoming game because of Mercyhurst?
                  I am sure someone did, but I don;t know who. Hopefully that school can change the date since it normally brings a nice crowd (gate money) with them.

Comment

Did anyone lose their homecoming game because of Mercyhurst?
                    Seton Hill

Comment

• Bloom filled the Hurst spot with Edinboro who was scheduled to play ESU; must be some shuffling going on here.

https://buhuskies.com/sports/football

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Interesting world we live in. Lots of individuals and schools with delusions of grandeur in our portal and NIL atmosphere.
                        DII is a terrible place to be for small privates. I actually think what Mercyhurst is doing makes sense- or go Division III. But they are operating under an entirely different model than the state schools, so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

New Haven has been wanting to move since they hired Zenger several years ago and the hard hats showed up to build the new locker room/training center. I think they would have made the move a year or two ago if there wasn’t a president search. Now that the president is in place, they probably want to figure out who the permanent AD is (Zenger was the AD and interim president and is now EVP/COO) before making the move.

That being said, I have posted on this board that I think the move isn’t a good idea. As difficult as it has been for a program like New Haven to be competitive with the best in SR1, D1 and FCS are even tougher and more expensive too. As a conference, the NEC is closer to D2 in quality than they are to D1 and the only thing they are known for is giving Purdue’s basketball team the ultimate motivation to win it all.

Anyway, New Haven did post their football schedule today. First game at Slippery Rock 1:00 on 9/7.
                          Moves, be they up to D1 or even across to another DII conference are often driven by the AD or school President. If the AD want's to move, quite often the school moves even if it is for no other reason than their personal ego.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                            Saw this posted online:

Some rumblings (Rumors) thru D2 Football as of this morning:

West Florida is considering going D1 & hoping the ASUN

New Haven is considering going D1 & join the NEC - this could happen this season

Bentley is the other school rumored to join the NEC - but the NEC will only take one program - them or New Haven - depending on what school wants to make the jump

UINDY was going to join the OVC (D1) but their board never got to vote on making the jump - some feel matter of time before they are D1

Grand Valley State & VSU are rumored to be going to the OVC with UINDY both have said their plans are to go D1

West Georgia has made the jump and will be D1 this season

Lots of talks going on
                            Are these legitimate talks between the mentioned schools and their respective conferences or are these "talks" among message board rumor starters?
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                              Bloom filled the Hurst spot with Edinboro who was scheduled to play ESU; must be some shuffling going on here.

https://buhuskies.com/sports/football
                              Or it makes me wonder if either ESU ended up getting a Week 0 game in addition to Pace to make up for the schedule or if they simply moved the ESU-Edinboro game to Week 0 to accommodate the Bloomsburg-Edinboro game.

What would really be interesting is to see how West Chester adjusts to a new schedule since the Golden Rams were scheduled to face Mercyhurst in the final week of the season.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Or it makes me wonder if either ESU ended up getting a Week 0 game in addition to Pace to make up for the schedule or if they simply moved the ESU-Edinboro game to Week 0 to accommodate the Bloomsburg-Edinboro game.

What would really be interesting is to see how West Chester adjusts to a new schedule since the Golden Rams were scheduled to face Mercyhurst in the final week of the season.
                                From my understanding, and I don't have difinite proof, ESU will play Edinboro week 0, which would allow the bloom-edinboro game to happen that week. So in essence ESU gets a bye on the 21st.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X