Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Schedule

This is reprint of the 2024 schedule from GSC website that drops Shorter and adds Erskine. Fill in as you find out more on your team's schedule. I like the Argos schedule so far with new addition of road game at Grand Valley on 9-28.

Chowan

9-7: open
    9-14: open
    9-21: open
    9-28: MC
    10-5: at DSU
    10-12: open
    10-19: UWF
    10-26: at UWA
    11-2: at VSU
    11-9: Erskine
    11-16: at NG
    11-23: open

Erskine

9-7: open
    9-21: VSU
    9-28: DSU
    10-5: at UWA
    10-12: open
    10-19: NG
    10-26: at MC
    11-2: UWF
    11-9: at Chowan
    11-16: open

MC

9-5: at Shorter
    9-14: Texas A&M Kingsville
    9-21: NG
    9-28: at Chowan
    10-5: at UWF
    10-12: UWA
    10-19: at VSU
    10-26: Erskine
    11-2: open
    11-9: Northeast State
    11-16: DSU

DSU

8-29: at Mars Hill
    9-7: Missouri S & T
    9-14: at Wingate
    9-21: Ft. Valley State
    9-28: at Erskine
    10-5: Chowan
    10-12: at UWF
    10-19: UWA
    10-26: at NG
    11-2: open
    11-9: VSU
    11-16: at MC

NG

9-5: Keiser
    9-14: at Citadel
    9-21: at MC
    9-28: Shorter
    10-5: at Benedict
    10-12: VSU
    10-19: at Erskine
    10-26: DSU
    11-2: at UWA
    11-9: at UWF
    11-16: Chowan

VSU

8-31: Albany State
    9-7: at Newberry
    9-21: at Erskine
    9-28: UWA
    10-5: at Shorter
    10-12: at NG
    10-19: MC
    10-26: open
    11-2: Chowan
    11-9: at DSU
    11-16: UWF

UWA

8-31: Miles
    9-7: Tusculum
    9-14: Limestone
    9-21: at UWF
    9-28: at VSU
    10-5: Erskine
    10-12: at MC
    10-19: at DSU
    10-26: Chowan
    11-2: NG
    11-9: at Shorter
    11-16: open

UWF

9-5: McKendree (Thurs.)
    9-21: UWA
    9-28: at Grand Valley
    10-5: MC
    10-12: DSU
    10-19: at Chowan
    10-26: Shorter
    11-2: at Erskine
    11-9: NG
    11-16: at VSU
    Last edited by Argonut; 04-15-2024, 10:37 AM.

For the record, 11/23 is the opening weekend of the playoffs rather than a bye week.

Comment

Looking at the 2024 schedule more closely, four teams (Erskine, Chowan, NG and MC) all have a brutal back to back to back stretch of the top teams and the other four teams (Valdosta, Delta, UWA and UWF) have their top opponents more split up on the schedule. Erskine opens their GSC experience with Valdosta and Delta at home followed by West Ala. on the road. Welcome to the GSC!

Comment

These have a huge West Georgia hole and I’m a little sad but also excited for our future! It’s been a fun ride with you all and I hope to play some of you in the near future!

Comment

I think the commish must be PO'ed at UWA. Worst looking schedule I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by baldereagle View Post
            I think the commish must be PO'ed at UWA. Worst looking schedule I have ever seen.
            You may be correct, but I have to ask the question...... Why should anyone be PO-ed with such a harmless lot?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfiefan View Post
              These have a huge West Georgia hole and I’m a little sad but also excited for our future! It’s been a fun ride with you all and I hope to play some of you in the near future!
              Lots of us will be interested in how the Carrollton experiment "plays"(pun intened) out.
              Having been to numerous games at WG through the years(from concrete to 1st Class stadium) and seeing very small crowds inside, I wonder how the support after a few years will be.
              Oh there is one dude on here who will be happy no matter what happens, because he is "Mr Misery Loves Company" Actually happiness will be extreme if WG has more miserable experiences
              than his mover-upper program.

Comment

Lots of open dates to fill. That’s gonna be a huge problem in 2025.
                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfiefan View Post
                  I’ve been posting about y’all’s new staff hires on the ASUN forum! The last two are young guys from the Ole Miss staff. Cool!

ASunbbs: The #1 Board for Atlantic Sun Conference sports on the internet.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

Lots of us will be interested in how the Carrollton experiment "plays"(pun intened) out.
                    Having been to numerous games at WG through the years(from concrete to 1st Class stadium) and seeing very small crowds inside, I wonder how the support after a few years will be.
                    Oh there is one dude on here who will be happy no matter what happens, because he is "Mr Misery Loves Company" Actually happiness will be extreme if WG has more miserable experiences
                    than his mover-upper program.
                    Being able to easily fill your schedule with conference opponents isn’t misery, it’s a luxury.
                    Last edited by UNALions; 01-04-2024, 12:19 PM.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I'd rather be in North Alabama's and West Georgia's shoes right now, and moving forward. I'd rather not have to worry about scheduling, and playing NAIA or D3 schools. GSC games will soon be unrecognizable. I'm a big proponent of D2 schools moving up, and the GSC only proves my thoughts.

UWF and VSU should leave as soon as possible. It will benefit the university and athletics in the long term.
                      RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                      Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                        I'd rather be in North Alabama's and West Georgia's shoes right now, and moving forward. I'd rather not have to worry about scheduling, and playing NAIA or D3 schools. GSC games will soon be unrecognizable. I'm a big proponent of D2 schools moving up, and the GSC only proves my thoughts.

UWF and VSU should leave as soon as possible. It will benefit the university and athletics in the long term.
                        I genuinely wonder what the GSC office is doing (if anything) to shore up GSC football for 2025 and beyond.
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                          Lots of open dates to fill. That’s gonna be a huge problem in 2025.
                          Would love to see VSU leave one of those open dates open. We played 11 straight last season during the regular season with no break. That is rough.
                          Maybe leave the open date before we play DSU and UWF back to back.

Other open dates? I wouldn't mind us playing a lower level FCS team or a team in our region.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Being able to easily fill your schedule with conference opponents isn’t misery, it’s a luxury.
                            Oh, If filling a schedule is the ultimate goal of "moving up" then congrats on the transition.
                            What is UNA's combined conference(all conferences UNA Football has associated with since moving up) record?

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

Oh, If filling a schedule is the ultimate goal of "moving up" then congrats on the transition.
                              What is UNA's combined conference(all conferences UNA Football has associated with since moving up) record?
                              They have more FCS wins than your teams does! Bless your heart dude. We’ve had this discussion already. You seem butthurt that others are moving on. I get it, the GSC is a sinking ship. What school is it you’re an alum or fan of, again? I forget.
                              Last edited by UNALions; 01-05-2024, 09:34 AM.
                              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X