Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ready for the Joey King era to begin!

Comment

Joey King remind me of a young Ken Sparks in this video.

https://youtu.be/lG1YJ-SBjSA

Comment

Funny, because he just took the Mercer job.

Comment

Foster was contacted by Carson Newman officials and it appears he declined.

Comment

I dont blame Foster because it's a D1 job. It shouldn't take Cronic long to get Mercer going. SoCon isnt what it used to be, and hes a good football coach.

Comment

Agree with you on that canadarican. Drew has big aspirations and Mercer is just part of the ladder. He turned down the UT Chattanooga job last year so it appeared he was content on getting something bigger. Mercer has a lot of upside potential and a chance for Drew to be near family but if he gets a offer to go up I think he would take it. Maybe he will replace Kirby Smart one day.

Comment

I will say I think hes going to a "tougher situation" than what he walked into at LR. You know what I mean? LR had some good players with Keller, he just wasnt a great coach at LR. Mercer has had 2 winning seasons and are probably the least important FBS or FCS program in the state of Georgia. Gor Gods sake they lost to Campbell and ETSU. And like I said, the SoCon isnt near what it used to be but it's still a good league, but it's way behind the MVFC, Big Sky and CAA. Opportunities are there, but I think he will leave Mercer the moment a better job opens up. And if he thinks that's best for him and his family, that's great!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit-Carson View Post
                  I'm ready for the Joey King era to begin!
                  King did a great job at the high school level and was very well respected and popular in the community. I wonder though if hiring a guy with only one year of full time college coaching experience is the right move for CN right now. I also wonder if he would leave Coastal after just one season.

Comment

Fine... I'll do it. I've watched the veer run for years, been at all the home games since my freshman year, and I've played NCAA Football on Xbox enough to know what plays work. Two dives, setup the play action on WR crossing route, Touchdown. And with Westfield that's just a given TD now. Score on 3 plays at most per drive. I'm not great at defense, but Slade has that side on fire the past few years.

In all seriousness though, I do have some of the same concern about Joey King that Buckwheat mentioned: One year coaching college, and he may not want to jump around too much with a young family since he just recently uprooted from GA. However, I don't want an "old guy" who comes in, changes things up, then he's done after a few seasons and we hit the reset button again yet again to perpetuate the "growing pain" losing seasons. I also don't want someone who uses this as a stepping stone. King would be the "young guy" and as an alum of C-N he would certainly be invested in the program being more than just a job, or another line item on a resume. Plus, his character is second to none and would be a perfect fit for the mission of C-N and the program. He knows the X's and O's, but can be a positive influence on the players too.

Comment

I think Kelly Lee HC at ENMU would be a great fit for either CN or LR. He has done some amazing things at ENMU and what he does offensively fits the personnel at CN and LR like a glove.

Comment

What is enmu

Comment

ENMU is a NCAA DII School in the Lone Star Conference. Very limited resources and scholarships, but has found a way to be very competitive in their conference. Won the conference and been to several bowl games over the last 5 years despite being the most underfunded program in the league.

Comment

Thanks will look it up

Comment

Eastern New Mexico University https://goeasternathletics.com/sport.../schedule/2019

Comment

What's the latest at CN.... Are the Eagles going to stay within the family or go outside... First year AD about to make probably his biggest hire regardless how many years he will be in Jefferson City.......

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X