Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ethel Kay View Post
    ___ says they haven't been able to reach agreement with no 1 candidate and looking dead. Former CN player is still on the list.
    Can people still apply or is it closed now?

Comment

Alums are saying Clowney will be named today

Comment

Originally posted by Ethel Kay View Post
        Alums are saying Clowney will be named today
        I really doubt that Clowney will be offered the head coach position. If that was in the plan, it wouldn't have taken almost a full month to walk down the hall to give him the offer, unless he has been way down the list. I believe that ship (opportunity) has sailed.

Comment

Definitely would not be a good look after so much time has passed

Comment

Players I've heard want Clowney. Alums I know do not. In fact I know of at least 5 Eagle Club members who were going to pull their donations if he was named coach when Sparks retired.

Comment

Feels like a white flag hire.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                Players I've heard want Clowney. Alums I know do not. In fact I know of at least 5 Eagle Club members who were going to pull their donations if he was named coach when Sparks retired.
                Those types of donors are the ones that can be a hindrance. Doesn't matter who the coach is, I'm still supporting my Eagles because it's my team.

Comment

Originally posted by LR1891 View Post

Comment

If it works out, this conversarion goes into the dustpan of history.

CN is a good job, maybe timing is everything.

Comment

Unfortunately C-N got put in a tough spot due to the timing. It seems that Turner sprang this on the administration with little notice. Had he given a couple weeks heads up, heading into playoffs or whatever then things could have been put in motion earlier. Not faulting Turner on this at all. He's done a great job at C-N and if was ready to step away then I support him. But again, the timing wasn't ideal.

If Clowney was the first choice, it would've been announced in a couple days. I know the administration wanted to consider external candidates from the beginning anyway, so they certainly aren't just sitting there twiddling their thumbs, I'm sure they're looking, but I imagine, again due to the timing, it's harder to find some options that haven't already signed elsewhere and perhaps some discussions have fallen through, etc. I don't want a hasty decision just because us on the message board are getting antsy.

I don't mine Clowney if it's him. In fact, giving the time that has passed, and all the "good" external candidate coaches have made their moves, he'd be the best choice to maintain the status of the program rather than getting a sub-par coach who would have a bigger learning curve and send the program into a (likely) period of more frequent losing seasons as part of the adjustments. I understand the concern when Clowney was DC, but if is HC and Slade stays on for DC then we'd be in good shape on that front. I imagine that another OC would come in too as part of this. Turner assumed the Head Coach role while retaining OC, so that would be two spots (at least) to fill.

But hey, it is what it is, and it's super easy for us to be critical on the outside looking in about the timing and what C-N "should" do, but as others have mentioned C-N is a good job and we're going to be OK. I say take more time to check the options, and whoever it is I support.

Comment

Originally posted by CNC Maniac 1 View Post

Those types of donors are the ones that can be a hindrance. Doesn't matter who the coach is, I'm still supporting my Eagles because it's my team.
                        All 5 have legitimate reasoning. They saw his work as a DC and didnt want him near the car keys. That's what all 5 had told me essentially.

I might be wrong, but didnt each of his defenses finish as the statistically worst defenses in CN history or close to it? That's why.

Comment

I like Clowney. Hes one of the best guys on campus and is a tremendous human being. But we will see.

Hopefully it's a home run hire and things continue to get back to standard. I'm tired of going 7-3 or 8-3 every year and bot beating the teams we are supposed to beat.

Comment

It's Clowney. Press conference now:

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/c...Nlw90RUC0V-xGE

Comment

If this is the case, it looks as though (based on time) the AD had to settle for plan D or option #6.

Comment

Originally posted by LR1891 View Post
                                Thats kind of like what I was saying to. Mike is the man tho and we will get behind him. He Layal to CN as they come. I know they talk to many coaches trying to get the right man. Some wanted to much money. Some it was to late and they was busy doing recruiting and other thing. One good thing is we will keep the veer cause Mike know how it is the best and he played and coach up under Ken Sparks. We will keep the veer and he will put in more passing and maybe a jump pass out of the veer would be good. I know the players will be happy that it is Mike Clowney.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X