Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this rate we should be able to attract top middle school coaching talent.

Comment

Usually an AD will have a few potential candidates in mind or on file just in case a coach decides to leave or retire (as in CN's case). This is so that there's a fairly quick transition to stabilize recruiting, or in filling assistant coach positions, etc, as a new coach is named. This is optimally completed within a week (days in some cases). Carson Newman's football program has now been in limbo for 21 days, and running.....ughhhh

Unfortunately, it's quite possible that several key recruits have started embracing other options, and it wouldn't surprise me if some players (and their parents) are now looking at other options. Hopefully we will receive great news about a very good hire, but to think that it may be in 2020 worries me as he (or she) will immediately have to start playing catch up.

At this point, its kind of difficult to be very optimistic about the upcoming season.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints62 View Post

No way Furrey is leaving as an assistant coach for the Chicago Bears to become a head coach at CN or any other D2 job. He was scrambling to get out of Limestone after working 2 years with Limestone's AD who is a pain to work with. (4 head coaches in 6 years) and was in the running for several D1 assistant coaching jobs when his friend Matt Nagy was named head coach of the Bears and made Furrey one of his first hires..... Mike's future is in the NFL or attempt to be a HC at a D1 college job in the future..... I agree with Eagle74, the clock is ticking and CN needs to make a move quickly...
        Besides, what did Furrey actually do at Limestone? Was never even .500........... Plus CNU needs an option coach,

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Besides, what did Furrey actually do at Limestone? Was never even .500........... Plus CNU needs an option coach,
          How about just options in general?! At this point lets get a cardboard cut out of Coach Sparks and get crootin!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Steiner View Post

How about just options in general?! At this point lets get a cardboard cut out of Coach Sparks and get crootin!
            Fear not Rick! A familiar name is starting to surface...Ian Shields. Some around here still retain a relationship with him and that's the rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by LR1891 View Post

Fear not Rick! A familiar name is starting to surface...Ian Shields. Some around here still retain a relationship with him and that's the rumor.
              And just like that, LR1891 is no longer a friend LOL. Please God no. I just saw Matt Pope not too long ago, maybe I'll throw my name in the hat.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

And just like that, LR1891 is no longer a friend LOL. Please God no. I just saw Matt Pope not too long ago, maybe I'll throw my name in the hat.
                I believe in you!

Comment

Is Ian Shields going to stay for a long time? Or just bolt again for a program that got dropped.

Comment

He would be a great scheme fit for us.

Comment

Comment

He was fired at LR? Or , are you talking JU?

Comment

Apparently Bobby Lamb had interest in LR, but it wasn't mutual. Could he be a CN target?

Comment

Apparently Bobby Lamb had interest in LR, but it wasn't mutual. Could he be a CN target?
                            Uh NO! Why would you trade for Lamb, when he didn't win at Mercer, and is going to be replaced by the former LR coach????? On the coaching draft chart, that's like picking up a 7th round pick , for a job that is 1st round.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Uh NO! Why would you trade for Lamb, when he didn't win at Mercer, and is going to be replaced by the former LR coach????? On the coaching draft chart, that's like picking up a 7th round pick , for a job that is 1st round.
                              But is he really that bad of a hire? D1 pedigree with connections that go beyond many at this level. Certainly better than some of the NAIA names floating out there.

Comment

D1 Pedigree means nothing, D2 is a whole different ballgame. Have to be able to evaluate talent and give partial money out accordingly. Who are the NAIA names?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X