Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Marty Carter Thread

Of course Mitchell would be frustrated, he expressed that we wanted Marty to graduate and get a real shot at the NFL like many others before him have. Seeing the talent and knowing whats available and then not begin able to do that would be terribly frustrating to any coach that cares about his players and it is clear from all the writings that Coach Mitchell wanted the best for Marty and now this..boom, life changes in a heart beat...one day the kid has a real shot at the NFL and the next he is looking at paralysis. The whole thing is a real shame any way you look at it. I hope too that the doctors can pull off a miracle.

Comment

Damn...This is truly tragic. So much going wrong for him all at once. Hoping they can reverse his paralysis and get him back on his feet.

Comment

guys, Marty failed a class thus bringing him below the new requirement of passed classes the semester before your season (summer semester doesn't count) thus the coaches frustration that Marty, who was in good academic standing didn't study for this one class, failed it, dropped below the minimum credits required and became ineligible for his senior season of football and then, the tragic shooting...

Comment

Life is cruel, man. I can't imagine the events that have happened in the last month for Marty. We don't know the events that happened for sure, but if he did just fail one class...ugh. Pass that class, be at GVSU getting ready for the season, then prepare fully for the NFL draft in 2019. Instead, he fails (allegedly) one class, gets one NFL workout, and now might be paralyzed for life. All because of one class. It's awful. Hoping for the best for him.

According to the most recent updates, they kind of made it sound like he might be paralyzed permanently. WZZM mentioned that he has a bullet lodged in his spine that is rendering him paralyzed from the abdomen down, and that doctors are worried removing it would cause more damage.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            Life is cruel, man. I can't imagine the events that have happened in the last month for Marty. We don't know the events that happened for sure, but if he did just fail one class...ugh. Pass that class, be at GVSU getting ready for the season, then prepare fully for the NFL draft in 2019. Instead, he fails (allegedly) one class, gets one NFL workout, and now might be paralyzed for life. All because of one class. It's awful. Hoping for the best for him.

According to the most recent updates, they kind of made it sound like he might be paralyzed permanently. WZZM mentioned that he has a bullet lodged in his spine that is rendering him paralyzed from the abdomen down, and that doctors are worried removing it would cause more damage.

Comment

It's unfortunately, not all because of one class, it's about choices that an individual makes in life. The key is, learn from those choices bad or good and grow from them. Best of luck to all GLIAC football teams this fall.

Comment

horrible news

Comment

I feel bad for him and GVSU but I'm gonna say it cuz no one else has... what the f is he doing getting himself in a situation where he can get hurt like that... he should have stayed in Allendale, worked on his credits/eligibility, and planned for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
                    I feel bad for him and GVSU but I'm gonna say it cuz no one else has... what the f is he doing getting himself in a situation where he can get hurt like that... he should have stayed in Allendale, worked on his credits/eligibility, and planned for next year.
                    What do you mean? He was in his hometown at a gas station. Not like he was out in a back alley in St. Louis doing something nefarious. He was already ruled ineligible, had already redshirted during his career, and was done with football at GV. Even if he was going to stay to complete his degree, classes weren't in session.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X