Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AFCA Coaches Poll

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    He is questioning our GAC only schedule, but I could pull the bottom 3 schools from the GAC and put them up against their ooc schedule. He is pretty much is calling our 7-0 start fools gold because we haven't played anybody. There schedule is no tougher than ours. We have 2 other teams currently ranked in top 25 and another receiving votes. We've beat 2 out of the 3 so far.

Comment

like i said..... 3 teams either ranked another recieving votes. With a chance of getting 3 teams into playoffs. 2 for sure unless the sun decided not to rise.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
        He is questioning our GAC only schedule, but I could pull the bottom 3 schools from the GAC and put them up against their ooc schedule. He is pretty much is calling our 7-0 start fools gold because we haven't played anybody. There schedule is no tougher than ours. We have 2 other teams currently ranked in top 25 and another receiving votes. We've beat 2 out of the 3 so far.
        Fred you're more interested in taking offence than having a legitimate conversation. Take off your sensitivity hat. My original question was:

If all teams win out, it'll be interesting to see how they handle the regional rankings with NWMSU and GV each having 1 loss and OBU undefeated. Still haven't figured out their formula for that but can't see OBU handling either 1 loss team in head-to-head. Wonder how much SOS factors in over a team being undefeated.

Poll rankings don't mean squat. Even though Ferris is ranked 2 doesn't mean they're actually the 2nd best team in the nation. It's nothing more than a few people putting a list together so joe's like us have something to discuss and look forward to. But, you do get a better idea of how good a team is when they play teams from other conferences, at least by deductive reasoning. Which is why I'm interested in seeing how they handle this first set of regional rankings.

So you belive our schedule is no tougher than yours? OK. So if OBU played in the GLIAC with our schedule, you'd still be 7-0 right? I'll let others chime in on that one.

Either way, I still don't think OBU can handle GV or NWMS, but that's why they play the games. Hopefully we'll get to see.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
          If all teams win out, it'll be interesting to see how they handle the regional rankings with NWMSU and GV each having 1 loss and OBU undefeated. Still haven't figured out their formula for that but can't see OBU handling either 1 loss team in head-to-head. Wonder how much SOS factors in over a team being undefeated.
          gv should have the upper hand over nwms with noncon wins against indy and dixie which will help sos

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
            Minnesota State Schedule looks so week. No team on schedule in top 25. How are they no#1
            they seem to be ranked high like this every year..then lose in the playoffs

Comment

Ferris OOC was crap, which is why they couldn't afford a loss to GV and need to finish the year undefeated. But at least gives a point of reference compared to other teams in other conferences.
              i wouldnt call it complete crap...they beat a findlay team by 40 who played in the regional final last year and will finish 8-3 this year...the other two games were crap though

Comment

Ferris OOC was crap, which is why they couldn't afford a loss to GV and need to finish the year undefeated. But at least gives a point of reference compared to other teams in other conferences.
                Findlay will getcha 7 or 8 wins as an ooc opponent before the year is done. (Great minds think alike Dvaara. I posted that in response to the other page before I saw your similar comment.)

Comment

I still think they lose to GV or NWMS head to head, but we'll hopefully get a chance to see in future if all goes well.
                  You must have been a DB.....

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                    gv should have the upper hand over nwms with noncon wins against indy and dixie which will help sos
                    I had to laugh when I thought about Dixie State being held up as a good OOC win!

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                      I had to laugh when I thought about Dixie State being held up as a good OOC win!
                      Agreed, especially after I saw them in week 1. :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

"Good OOC win" simply means finishing over .500. That's all you're looking for in an OOC opponent to have it act positively on your SOS.
                        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
                          Findlay will getcha 7 or 8 wins as an ooc opponent before the year is done. (Great minds think alike Dvaara. I posted that in response to the other page before I saw your similar comment.)
                          Agreed. I was referring to East Stroud. and WJ. Combined 2-11.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                            "Good OOC win" simply means finishing over .500. That's all you're looking for in an OOC opponent to have it act positively on your SOS.
                            And I am still laughing......

Comment

And I am still laughing......
                              Totally agree and understand. All that said, they've already won 5 games so the worst they can do to our resume is .500. From a team like that, I'll take it all day.

Delta State having one of its worst years ever is going to hurt. Being leveled off by Indy helps it, but boy I sure hope they at least sneak a couple of wins in there...

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
                                Totally agree and understand. All that said, they've already won 5 games so the worst they can do to our resume is .500. From a team like that, I'll take it all day.

Delta State having one of its worst years ever is going to hurt. Being leveled off by Indy helps it, but boy I sure hope they at least sneak a couple of wins in there...
                                Yes, I get the 500 thing.

Dixie was a long time doormat in the GNAC. SD MInes struggled. They both go to the RMAC and they are mid pack or better.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X