Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
    Unless they play a 0-0 game into perpetuity.
    Good point ;-)

Comment

Unless they play a 0-0 game into perpetuity.
      This is a great plan. Let's just play to a 0-0 forever tie, and have the NCAA advance both teams to play against Ferris. GV and NW can merge together and maybe have a shot.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        This is a great plan. Let's just play to a 0-0 forever tie, and have the NCAA advance both teams to play against Ferris. GV and NW can merge together and maybe have a shot.
        Ferris has to make it past this weekend. You'd think it'd be a given but....Dec. 2nd, 2017. L, 16-14

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
          Ferris has to make it past this weekend. You'd think it'd be a given but....Dec. 2nd, 2017. L, 16-14
          I have no doubt Ferris will win. If, by the grace of God, Harding does beat them a second time...They have laid out the blueprint for all GLIAC contenders going forward.

Comment

I have no doubt Ferris will win. If, by the grace of God, Harding does beat them a second time...They have laid out the blueprint for all GLIAC contenders going forward.
            Not so sure about that... Northwood hasn't had.. well, you get the drift.:smile-big: I guess there is that D side of the ball though.

Comment

I thought that last year. I had Ferris going to the dance! Just saying weirder things have happened.

Comment

switch to a gimmicky offense that few teams run...and that is difficult to prepare for in a weeks time? if we all do that it losses it's effectiveness

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                  switch to a gimmicky offense that few teams run...and that is difficult to prepare for in a weeks time? if we all do that it losses it's effectiveness
                  I meant on defense. They held Ferris to 14 points last season. That is something GVSU has never been able to accomplish.

Comment

I meant on defense. They held Ferris to 14 points last season. That is something GVSU has never been able to accomplish.
                    how many possession s did they have? that's part of the reason teams run that offense..it chews down the clock, shortens the game, and minimizes possessions

the reason teams like navy run offenses like that is because it give a team w inferior talent a better chance to win

Comment

how many possession s did they have? that's part of the reason teams run that offense..it chews down the clock, shortens the game, and minimizes possessions

the reason teams like navy run offenses like that is because it give a team w inferior talent a better chance to win

Comment

Does Harding run the triple option?

Comment

Neither team's fans are confident heading into this one. In past matchups, there's been a lot of chatter leading up to the game. For these two teams with their active fan bases on this board, this thread is the equivalent of crickets.

Looks like me and my two youngest will be making the trek to Michigan. That's the plan for now, anyway.

Comment

It looks like some snow possibilities. What is the likely treatment to the field if there were an inch or more of snow? Just clear the boundaries and 5 yard lines or more than that? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat N Mav View Post
                              Neither team's fans are confident heading into this one. In past matchups, there's been a lot of chatter leading up to the game. For these two teams with their active fan bases on this board, this thread is the equivalent of crickets.

Looks like me and my two youngest will be making the trek to Michigan. That's the plan for now, anyway.
                              Honestly...GV may be 10-1, but they're about the least exciting 10-1 GV team I can recall and were probably fortunate the GLIAC was down this year. We had hoped that replacing our OC would result in more productivity, but the offense still runs the same tired system of fades accounting for 90% of the passes and all runs being out of the pistol. The defense was really good much of the season, but apparently the whole DL is now injured. Who knows who else is injured. These things are never made public. You find out when people randomly bring it up after the game. I honestly just fully expect NW to beat GV. Injuries and a lackluster offense don't instill much hope.

Comment

Does Harding run the triple option?
                                Indeed.

Here's highlights from their playoff win vs Ashland last year:

2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X