Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
    That is incorrect. The cable company is one that the company I work for owns. The cable company has to pay extra per subscriber for ESPN3, which this cable company does not do. They said the cost is too high for how many subscribers they have. Which cable is already a losing service on average. So while I have ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and etc.. there is no espn 3 access. I already called the cable company on this as they aren't on the list when you go through ESPN 3 list of users. ESPN doesn't give ESPN3 for every subscriber, your provider has to subscribe to ESPN3 as well. I get my cable for free so not going to complain about them too much! Just sucks the game isn't available to everyone.

I went ahead and signed up for slingtv for a month.
    Hmm. That seems very strange. I was under the impression that part of the fee that cable companies pay to carry the channel includes access for their users to ESPN3/WatchESPN.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

That is incorrect. The cable company is one that the company I work for owns. The cable company has to pay extra per subscriber for ESPN3, which this cable company does not do. They said the cost is too high for how many subscribers they have. Which cable is already a losing service on average. So while I have ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and etc.. there is no espn 3 access. I already called the cable company on this as they aren't on the list when you go through ESPN 3 list of users. ESPN doesn't give ESPN3 for every subscriber, your provider has to subscribe to ESPN3 as well. I get my cable for free so not going to complain about them too much! Just sucks the game isn't available to everyone.

going slingin?

Comment

Dang, that's a scenario that I didn't think existed. Even then, I thought that per NCAA all Bcast PO games had to be available for free. If this is only on E3, then it really isn't free since one has to be paying in one way or another.:confused: Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
          Dang, that's a scenario that I didn't think existed. Even then, I thought that per NCAA all Bcast PO games had to be available for free. If this is only on E3, then it really isn't free since one has to be paying in one way or another.:confused: Interesting.
          Well, it is possible that when the link goes up, it is available whether you have to log-in or to a cable company account or not. Guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            Well, it is possible that when the link goes up, it is available whether you have to log-in or to a cable company account or not. Guess we'll see.
            I think that has happened in the past

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
              Hmm. That seems very strange. I was under the impression that part of the fee that cable companies pay to carry the channel includes access for their users to ESPN3/WatchESPN.
              Well working for a company where my general manager is the cable companies general manager I got the direct run down. We get WatchESPN just not ESPN3 where they wanted an extra $$ a month per subscriber if they use it or not was the issue. I will say from over all company meetings where they talk about how cable channels basically hold their channels access hostage unless you are willing to pay a huge pay hike is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                going slingin?
                For a free 7 day trial. :-D

Comment

Well working for a company where my general manager is the cable companies general manager I got the direct run down. We get WatchESPN just not ESPN3 where they wanted an extra $$ a month per subscriber if they use it or not was the issue. I will say from over all company meetings where they talk about how cable channels basically hold their channels access hostage unless you are willing to pay a huge pay hike is interesting.
                  WatchESPN is an app. Can you download it and cast to your TV? Just a thought.

From Wikipedia:

The service provides streaming simulcasts of ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, Longhorn Network, SEC Network, ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Buzzer Beater for select cable television subscribers in the United States; it is also the exclusive platform for broadcasts from ESPN3, which until 2011, had operated as a separate website with a similar functionality to WatchESPN. The service is only available to subscribers of participating cable, IPTV and satellite television providers, and is not offered as a standalone internet-only subscription service available to those who do not have a pay television subscription.

As of June 2017, ESPN has started to demphasize the WatchESPN branding on air in favor of the ESPN app, which also has all the functionality of WatchESPN within the app. Despite this, WatchESPN remains operational albeit with some bugs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WatchESPN
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Welcome Bearcats. Happen to see them land about 12:45 while eating lunch at the airport viewing area.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                      WatchESPN is an app. Can you download it and cast to your TV? Just a thought.

From Wikipedia:

The service provides streaming simulcasts of ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, Longhorn Network, SEC Network, ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Buzzer Beater for select cable television subscribers in the United States; it is also the exclusive platform for broadcasts from ESPN3, which until 2011, had operated as a separate website with a similar functionality to WatchESPN. The service is only available to subscribers of participating cable, IPTV and satellite television providers, and is not offered as a standalone internet-only subscription service available to those who do not have a pay television subscription.

As of June 2017, ESPN has started to demphasize the WatchESPN branding on air in favor of the ESPN app, which also has all the functionality of WatchESPN within the app. Despite this, WatchESPN remains operational albeit with some bugs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WatchESPN
                      Correct.. Here is what my cable pass allows..

I tested and no espn 3 access with my info. It says I'm not a subscriber when I try to click on anything espn3.

Comment

WatchESPN is all you need access to. If you can view events that are on watchespn.com right now under Live, then you'll be able to watch the game on Saturday.

Comment

I can't remember having this issue in the past, but could be wrong. Just seemed like any game on the front page of D2 was a simple click and watch.

I guess I suggest that everyone not attending should try and access an ESPN3 event today to get your answer.
                          IH8FERRIS

Comment

I don't know what the difference is but I don't have cable TV at all or a Satellite, just and antenna and I can go online and watch espn3 for free. Watched the D2 playoffs last year on it and any FCS game that is on it. You shouldn't have a problem.

Comment

Or watch the ACU game on ESPNplus and listen to Bearcats on KXCV. ACU is 6-4 and plays Central Arkansas at Abilene with a possible at large berth in the playoffs on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                                I don't know what the difference is but I don't have cable TV at all or a Satellite, just and antenna and I can go online and watch espn3 for free. Watched the D2 playoffs last year on it and any FCS game that is on it. You shouldn't have a problem.
                                Your ISP may have it included. Apparently from talking and looking into it with ESPN some ISP's have it unlocked as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X