Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which freedoms or rights are being taken away right now besides going to get a haircut? Which isn't a right bestowed upon you or anyone, by the way. It is a privilege.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Which freedoms or rights are being taken away right now besides going to get a haircut? Which isn't a right bestowed upon you or anyone, by the way. It is a privilege.

Comment

So...no freedoms or rights have been taken away from anyone in the state of Michigan.

Comment

I've heard of people being fined for taking their boat out fishing which could be argued as interference with the right of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. This was second hand information so I don't know the validity or circumstances but I sure would fight it in court on constitutional grounds as long as the perpetrator was not involved in depriving another of the same rights.

I have to agree with you Lakerman on incoherant
          ??

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
            I've heard of people being fined for taking their boat out fishing which could be argued as interference with the right of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. This was second hand information so I don't know the validity or circumstances but I sure would fight it in court on constitutional grounds as long as the perpetrator was not involved in depriving another of the same rights.

I have to agree with you Lakerman on incoherant
            ??
            There's no evidence of this in the first place. It was discouraged, not banned. Again - no rights or freedoms denied or violated.

Comment

There's no evidence of this in the first place. It was discouraged, not banned. Again - no rights or freedoms denied or violated.
              KleShreen - People in this country have opposing views and beliefs, like we've had for many years now. We are going on 2-months of "Self-Quarantining" and I think what you need to try and understand is people have had enough. They've had enough of the constant fear being spread; that it will return if we start seeing other people again. Because make no mistake, at this point it is simply fear that is driving people to make decisions; not scientific proof only scientific speculation. No large organization has the nerves yet to be the first to reopen their doors because they are afraid of what might happen. The peak has passed, the seasons are changing, and more and more people are fed up w/ letting the "I'm going to contract the virus if I go to a public place" fear control what they do in their life. At some point enough is enough. Listen, I completely understand the gravity of this situation when it first hit and my sincere thoughts and prayers go out to those who've been affected, but sadly if we just sit around for another month, those already not affected health-wise will surely be affected in their overall well-being. People's livelihoods are being affected by this in more ways than just health, mine included. The longer we sit in fear the more damage this virus causes. And in that scenario, you're even worse off as a country than you were at the virus's peak.
              Last edited by NewEraWarrior; 05-04-2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post

KleShreen - People in this country have opposing views and beliefs, like we've had for many years now. We are going on 2-months of "Self-Quarantining" and I think what you need to try and understand is people have had enough. They've had enough of the constant fear being spread; that it will return if we start seeing other people again. Because make no mistake, at this point it is simply fear that is driving people to make decisions; not scientific proof only scientific speculation. No large organization has the nerves yet to be the first to reopen their doors because they are afraid of what might happen. The peak has passed, the seasons are changing, and more and more people are fed up w/ letting the "I'm going to contract the virus if I go to a public place" fear control what they do in their life. At some point enough is enough. Listen, I completely understand the gravity of this situation when it first hit and my sincere thoughts and prayers go out to those who've been affected, but sadly if we just sit around for another month, those already not affected health-wise will surely be affected in their overall well-being. People's livelihoods are being affected by this in more ways than just health, mine included. The longer we sit in fear the more damage this virus causes. And in that scenario, you're even worse off as a country than you were at the virus's peak.
                So because you're bored, put millions of people's lives at risk?

The fact that we *don't* have the information needed to make informed decisions is exactly why this needs to continue.

You think the economy is bad now? What do you think is going to happen if you try and go back to "normal" and a bunch of businesses try and open back up with only 25% of the normal business they had before? What do you think the economy is going to look like if 2% of the population is dead in a year, and another 25% are bankrupt from hospital bills specifically having to do with treating this?

Nobody cares if *you* aren't worried about the virus. If that's the case, I urge you to go help out at a hospital or grocery store. They could certainly use it. Volunteer your time to make things "normal" again if that's what you want. The reason this stuff is needed is to protect those who have genuine reason to be worried due to underlying health conditions (which is about half of the American population) that have bad outcomes with this virus or age.

Have you told the 2-5 of your closest 100 family members or friends that you are willing to let them die in order for you to go to football games again? How did they take it? Who were they?

Comment

Much like other's have said, we are not going to see eye to eye on this and that's okay. Football games are very low on my priority list of things I'd like to see return quickly. I started this thread simply to create a forum to gather information from those better informed on the collegiate football scene. As for the dramatics, I understand everyone is entitled to exaggerate a little here or there but come on....millions of people's lives at risk? Last I checked there have been 250k deaths WORLDWIDE since this first started in December of 2019. So as for your hypothetical question about attending a football game vs letting 2-5 of my closest family members die, that's a silly question. Football games are not essential to me living and providing for my family. However not having a job with so few hiring, not doing what I love to do, spending time w/ those that mean the most to me,THAT is. Again, I understand the need to take the actions we have to this point but not the overkill being expressed driven by fear of the unknown.

Comment

So because you're bored, put millions of people's lives at risk?

The fact that we *don't* have the information needed to make informed decisions is exactly why this needs to continue.

You think the economy is bad now? What do you think is going to happen if you try and go back to "normal" and a bunch of businesses try and open back up with only 25% of the normal business they had before? What do you think the economy is going to look like if 2% of the population is dead in a year, and another 25% are bankrupt from hospital bills specifically having to do with treating this?

Nobody cares if *you* aren't worried about the virus. If that's the case, I urge you to go help out at a hospital or grocery store. They could certainly use it. Volunteer your time to make things "normal" again if that's what you want. The reason this stuff is needed is to protect those who have genuine reason to be worried due to underlying health conditions (which is about half of the American population) that have bad outcomes with this virus or age.

Have you told the 2-5 of your closest 100 family members or friends that you are willing to let them die in order for you to go to football games again? How did they take it? Who were they?
                    Wow, I suspect you really do feel this way. I honestly feel for you. Things aren't this bad in even the worst sense. Here's hoping some sun brightens your days. I know I'm a "half glass full" type, but dude, but lately your glass seems almost totally empty. Hope you get out of this ditch that you seem to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Wow, I suspect you really do feel this way. I honestly feel for you. Things aren't this bad in even the worst sense. Here's hoping some sun brightens your days. I know I'm a "half glass full" type, but dude, but lately your glass seems almost totally empty. Hope you get out of this ditch that you seem to be in.
                      I'm doing perfectly fine. I'm enjoying the extra time I get to spend with my immediate family at home. I'm thoroughly enjoying watching Let's Make a Deal and Price is Right every day. I'm having a blast.

Then I see our kakistocracy at full bore outside the walls of my own home, as people make everything more difficult for themselves, and more difficult for people like myself, who aren't whiny little babies and following the guidelines set forth by every expert in the world, to get back to a "normal" routine sooner rather than later and not having to worry about dying or hospital bills that require bankruptcy.

Comment

First Amendment.

If you guys want to have this discussion, I'll grant you access to the off-topic section but you better have your big boy pants on to come in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

First Amendment.

If you guys want to have this discussion, I'll grant you access to the off-topic section but you better have your big boy pants on to come in there.
                          Who has had their first amendment rights infringed? There's thousands of people gathering in every area of every state to protest anything and everything with zero repercussions so far.

Comment

Can someone let me know when they find a D2 FOOTBALL board again...one place where we can come to enjoy the sport and its turned into the SNL skit of Dan and Jane...Jane, you ignorant slut...unreal...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
                                Would tuition be modified?
                                Not without a fight.

I can't speak for every university - but the Minnesota State system charges a $100-$150 fee for each online course taken. Students have to pay more for less instruction and resources. That may not sound like a whole lot - but that's another $500 dollars/semester of interest-accruing loans that students have to take.

Dartmouth has requested incoming freshmen not to come to campus and instead take a leap year. I like this plan - however Dartmouth is an Ivy League school so they can afford to tell their students that. My only worry with their plan is that some students who take up the offer get lost in the higher education bureaucracy and aren't allowed back in. It wouldn't be the first time, even this year, that a highly selective school screwed that up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X