Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if Wayne State goes to all online classes for the fall as they are discussing, does that mean no sports? If its not safe enough for students to be on campus why will athletes be on campus?

Comment

The key to EVERYTHING right now is when a proven vaccine is created. Until then, people will not be comfortable in large gatherings with complete strangers. A vaccine is KEY. Once they can administer a shot much like they do a flu shot, things will say uncertain....my two cents, I was in the opinion football would happen this year but I am now leaning football will NOT occur in 2020, at least not college. I could see NFL playing in empty stadiums after testing players/staff before every game to fulfill media contracts but still not sure how realistic that is. All it takes is for one player/staff member to test positive and the whole thing is shut down.

Comment

It's not speculation if it's actually happening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...oung-patients/

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
          The key to EVERYTHING right now is when a proven vaccine is created. Until then, people will not be comfortable in large gatherings with complete strangers. A vaccine is KEY. Once they can administer a shot much like they do a flu shot, things will say uncertain....my two cents, I was in the opinion football would happen this year but I am now leaning football will NOT occur in 2020, at least not college. I could see NFL playing in empty stadiums after testing players/staff before every game to fulfill media contracts but still not sure how realistic that is. All it takes is for one player/staff member to test positive and the whole thing is shut down.
          Average vaccine takes 4 years at best...whole can of worms...what til then...

Comment

34,200 people died from the flu last year in the United States, according to the CDC. Worldometer is reporting 57,043 deaths as of typing this. As I'm sure you know, 57,043 is vastly underreported because of how states are reporting deaths. FDNY reported they're finding 8x the amount of stray bodies in the streets of New York City than they did last year, just as one example. Also, keep in mind that 57,043 is in addition to the flu deaths, they are not replacing them. I can only imagine how much higher the number would be without lockdowns and social distancing.

Yes, asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19 do exist, and yes it's not known how many of them are out there - what you see is a positive keeps the public health community up at night. Asymptomatic people are very much contagious and are not being tested, so they are unknowingly spreading the virus. It's devastating the nursing home industry. Bodies are being left in their beds or being improperly stored because they don't have the resources to handle the sheer amount of fatalities reasonably. There's also that video of the Brooklyn hospital using forklifts to haul victims to refrigerated semi-trucks because the morgues are overfilled. That doesn't happen yearly with the flu. Statistically speaking, this is devastating for our older communities.

I have a history of asthma, and I'm also required to go to work - so maybe that's why I take it a little more seriously than you do. My suggestion would be to think outside of yourself and what you want. Take a good look at how this is affecting other people. 57,043 people are dead, 57,043 families are devastated, and . Then maybe we can have a discussion about a meaningless children's game being played during a pandemic.

Comment

Comment

Ah. So it is *your* right to live your life with no restrictions, but people who are at-risk of complications do not get the right to live freely without fear of being infected with a deadly virus. They've gotta stay locked up. Classic. Spectacular "I'm gonna get mine, screw the rest of you" mentality. Just so you can watch a game that means nothing. Quite the price you put on human life, there.

I have a better idea. How 'bout the only people allowed to attend are the at-risk people who have been taking all the proper precautions the whole time? The "healthy" people should be the ones to be forced to stay home, since they are the dangerous ones who could be asymptomatic carriers. There. Problem solved. You can stay home forever, and the at-risk people get to go out. Problem solved!
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I think the only thing that could save college's going back in the fall on campus and maybe sports is that once the Government realizes the financial crisis that colleges will face if they don't go back they will allow it. The Government lover higher education, they can't afford to see these schools go under. If that doesn't happen though good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Ah. So it is *your* right to live your life with no restrictions, but people who are at-risk of complications do not get the right to live freely without fear of being infected with a deadly virus. They've gotta stay locked up. Classic. Spectacular "I'm gonna get mine, screw the rest of you" mentality. Just so you can watch a game that means nothing. Quite the price you put on human life, there.

I have a better idea. How 'bout the only people allowed to attend are the at-risk people who have been taking all the proper precautions the whole time? The "healthy" people should be the ones to be forced to stay home, since they are the dangerous ones who could be asymptomatic carriers. There. Problem solved. You can stay home forever, and the at-risk people get to go out. Problem solved!
                    Perhaps you should look at the Sweeden model.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post

Does that mean we get Sweden's healthcare, tax, and education systems too? If so, I'm 100% down.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post

You mean this Sweden model?

The country has reported more than 21,000 confirmed cases, including nearly 2,500 fatalities. Its death rate is nearly six times as high as that of Norway (nearly 2.6 percent) and nearly triple that of its other Scandinavian neighbors Finland (nearly 4.2 percent) and Denmark (nearly 4.9 percent).

The death rate in Iran (nearly 6.3 percent), which once had the highest death toll outside China, is nearly half that of Sweden.

Sweden also has more than double the number of confirmed cases as Denmark, nearly triple that of Norway and over four times as many as Finland.
                        Again - you seem to place very little value on the lives of your fellow human beings.

Comment

You mean this Sweden model?

Again - you seem to place very little value on the lives of your fellow human beings.

Comment

Yea, just thousands of unnecessary deaths is all it took, with no end in sight right now.

I don't care if nobody has a job for an entire year if it saves a life that otherwise would be gone. Should have saved more money while actually working.

Comment

Yea, just thousands of unnecessary deaths is all it took, with no end in sight right now.

I don't care if nobody has a job for an entire year if it saves a life that otherwise would be gone. Should have saved more money while actually working.
                              I care. Trust me, if that happens, even more lives will be lost if no one has a job for a year. Hell, I'll even say it would take less than that. Try looking on the bright side.. it might help in more ways than one can imagine.

And coming from one with "at-risk" complications....one can take precautions. If if one can't take enough precautions to find a risk acceptable, no need to deny others that can or don't have those risks. Not sure any culture only allows activities that everyone can participate in. Sounds pretty bad to deny others from enjoying something just because some other individual(s) can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I care. Trust me, if that happens, even more lives will be lost if no one has a job for a year. Hell, I'll even say it would take less than that. Try looking on the bright side.. it might help in more ways than one can imagine.

And coming from one with "at-risk" complications....one can take precautions. If if one can't take enough precautions to find a risk acceptable, no need to deny others that can or don't have those risks. Not sure any culture only allows activities that everyone can participate in. Sounds pretty bad to deny others from enjoying something just because some other individual(s) can't.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X