Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Heck, there's probably schools out there that could very well go belly up themselves if they're not back on campus by next September. If a kid has to sit at home for his Freshman 101 classes, they could just as well do that from say some online program at a Junior college verses some 4 year schools. Not getting those freshman on campus this fall could really affect a lot of schools's long term viability if they're not getting the numbers to keep their doors open.
    Including several in the GMAC. We might be knocking on your door sooner than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Including several in the GMAC. We might be knocking on your door sooner than you think.
      Tis possible. The Private schools would have a harder time with lower enrollment numbers than the public schools. Not exactly the way I would want to see Findlay and Hillsdale back into the GLIAC fold, but it could happen.

Comment

If schools are not back on campus in September, there are several private schools in Ohio that will not be ok. Lake Erie,Malone, Urbana all will be in trouble. I think all private schools will have some hit either way. I know Ashland already implemented pay cuts for most of their employees to try and get ahead of what is to come.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Tis possible. The Private schools would have a harder time with lower enrollment numbers than the public schools. Not exactly the way I would want to see Findlay and Hillsdale back into the GLIAC fold, but it could happen.
          Personally I would like to see either or both teams back in the GLIAC but lets also remember that Hillsdale pretty much led the charge to leave the GLIAC and talked other Presidents into it...tough to think that the GLIAC would exactly welcome them back with open arms...but if we miss this football season there are at least half the schools that will be cutting programs and perhaps some will include football also as it is a big expense. Tech dropped football before..they have hockey so its all good...Northwood? Support from car industry has to be getting interesting...I could see Ashland if they are as hurting as people say...I could see GVSU dropping some non rev sports to stay afloat...I could see that at lots of schools...very grim out look for some programs...

Comment

Comment

I'm starting to doubt if they'll be any football (high school, college or pro) in 2020 with the latest news from the CDC stating that Covid 19 could be worse this fall. https://www.fox17online.com/news/cor...se-in-the-fall
              Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

Personally I would like to see either or both teams back in the GLIAC but lets also remember that Hillsdale pretty much led the charge to leave the GLIAC and talked other Presidents into it...tough to think that the GLIAC would exactly welcome them back with open arms...but if we miss this football season there are at least half the schools that will be cutting programs and perhaps some will include football also as it is a big expense. Tech dropped football before..they have hockey so its all good...Northwood? Support from car industry has to be getting interesting...I could see Ashland if they are as hurting as people say...I could see GVSU dropping some non rev sports to stay afloat...I could see that at lots of schools...very grim out look for some programs...
                Hopefully the GLIAC will be the grownup in this situation.

Comment

I read today Akron University told there AD to cut 20% of their Athletic budget. The president of the University sited "considerable uncertainty about the future of mid-major Division I athletics". That doesn't sound good.

Comment

Bunch of students looking for something else to do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                      I'm starting to doubt if they'll be any football (high school, college or pro) in 2020 with the latest news from the CDC stating that Covid 19 could be worse this fall. https://www.fox17online.com/news/cor...se-in-the-fall
                      You may well be right, but he never said it would be worse. That was media in general interpreting his remarks. It's even addressed a bit in the article. Frankly, there are too many unkowns out there. And if one looks at demographic data, it can show some interesting trends.

Comment

Comment

Except people with underlying health conditions are being hospitalized at a rate that is about 150x higher than the flu. And there's no evidence so far that any immunity is built up if you recover from this disease. AND there is growing evidence that long-term health issues are developing in people with the virus, even in people who were previously asymptomatic. Damage to the heart, lungs, kidneys, and liver that is never actually felt, but develops nonetheless and can mean complications with health later on. Not to mention there's also growing issues of strokes in people in their late teens, 20's, and 30's who otherwise show no symptoms.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

You may well be right, but he never said it would be worse. That was media in general interpreting his remarks. It's even addressed a bit in the article. Frankly, there are too many unkowns out there. And if one looks at demographic data, it can show some interesting trends.
                            I know he never said it would be worse, that's why I used the word could. As in maybe. This is turning into a Abbott and Costello routine. ;)
                            Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Except people with underlying health conditions are being hospitalized at a rate that is about 150x higher than the flu. And there's no evidence so far that any immunity is built up if you recover from this disease. AND there is growing evidence that long-term health issues are developing in people with the virus, even in people who were previously asymptomatic. Damage to the heart, lungs, kidneys, and liver that is never actually felt, but develops nonetheless and can mean complications with health later on. Not to mention there's also growing issues of strokes in people in their late teens, 20's, and 30's who otherwise show no symptoms.

Comment

It isn't. There's been reports of all of this from every country that has been dealing with this, America included. Just as many, if not more, reports of those things as those who claim more people have been exposed to it than originally thought.
                                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X