X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
    Great win and great coaching to win the game - sorry ih8svsu
    Average coaching
    Absolutely NO excuse for not kicking the field goal near the end of the first half. He still seems to find ways to be stupid.
    The defense won this one. It helped that TA decided to play a qb at less than 100%. He usually doesn't make coaching errors like that

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

Average coaching
      Absolutely NO excuse for not kicking the field goal near the end of the first half. He still seems to find ways to be stupid.
      The defense won this one. It helped that TA decided to play a qb at less than 100%. He usually doesn't make coaching errors like that
      yes, we discussed that decision and we went back and forth about the time in the game and taking the points BUT we all agreed we have seen many coaches choose to take chance to go for it all - we saw it in several big D1 games yesterday and saw the dogs go for it all instead of the first down on their last possession of the game - they chose to try for the score instead of a safer pass to get the first down - Fire TA!! - again, you can criticize that decision but you know many coaches have done it before and will do it again - it’s part of being a head coach to take risks sometimes - peace my brother

Comment

7 and 0. # 1 team of the country....And posts are saying to fire the head coach. So I'm supposed to respect that type of post? I'm getting up in years, but my brain hasn't been shutdown that much. Can't say the same about some others here.

It's like sitting on a beautiful Caribbean beach on a sunny day, and one looks out and sees one small dead fish some 5 yards away. Guess I never come back to this beach again. It's trashed. I even saw a dead fish there. I could have died with and infection from that thing. Terrible, just terrible.

Maybe not perfect, but feel free to paint ones own picture. SMH.

I admit that I got sucked into this thread at first thinking it was some sarcastic title and maybe some posts supporting MM. Or maybe it meant to fire TA. Nope. I really should have known better.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
          7 and 0. # 1 team of the country....And posts are saying to fire the head coach. So I'm supposed to respect that type of post? I'm getting up in years, but my brain hasn't been shutdown that much. Can't say the same about some others here.

It's like sitting on a beautiful Caribbean beach on a sunny day, and one looks out and sees one small dead fish some 5 yards away. Guess I never come back to this beach again. It's trashed. I even saw a dead fish there. I could have died with and infection from that thing. Terrible, just terrible.

Maybe not perfect, but feel free to paint ones own picture. SMH.

I admit that I got sucked into this thread at first thinking it was some sarcastic title and maybe some posts supporting MM. Or maybe it meant to fire TA. Nope. I really should have known better.
          People seem to think that the early/mid-2000's times of scoring 50 points a game and winning every game by 40 was a sustainable long-term model lol.

Would it be nice to win more than we lose against Ferris? Yea, it would. That would be great. But people also need to understand that TA is one of the best coaches in the entire country, regardless of division. There's not really anything better out there. It's like people are upset that GV is the Georgia to Ferris' Alabama lol. Yea it would be great to be Alabama again. But we already had that. We were Alabama with BK and Chuck Martin. There's a reason that one of them has been coaching at Notre Dame and LSU for the last decade and a half, and a reason the other one is running one of the best teams in the MAC.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

People seem to think that the early/mid-2000's times of scoring 50 points a game and winning every game by 40 was a sustainable long-term model.
            No, they're not thinking. Who can possibly think it's a good idea to fire a HC of a top team? I get that the thread was likely started when GV was trailing, but I've seen no crow eaten.. not even a nibble.

Comment

It’s no secret that I’m no fan of Mitchell, but this is an odd post considering he finally pulled something off that he hasn’t accomplished in six years. Give credit when it’s due. If you don’t, these posts lose validity when they’re actually worth discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
                Fire Matt Mitchell
                Clown show. Bet youre a mute in person too which makes this even more sweet than it already is. Do us all a favor and delete your account

Comment

LMFAO...You guys win the biggest game you've had in years and you're still bickering amongst each other about the coach. TA said Ferris was outplayed and out coached. So kudos the the staff and players. It was a good game and we got Ferris'd in the 4th quarter. Still had our chances to win but we didn't take advantage. OK so now it's15-3.

I'm already looking forward to the rematch at your place. Hopefully both teams are healthy. Don't want any excuses when we smack you snot dribblers around at your own place again.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                    LMFAO...You guys win the biggest game you've had in years and you're still bickering amongst each other about the coach. TA said Ferris was outplayed and out coached. So kudos the the staff and players. It was a good game and we got Ferris'd in the 4th quarter. Still had our chances to win but we didn't take advantage. OK so now it's15-3.

I'm already looking forward to the rematch at your place. Hopefully both teams are healthy. Don't want any excuses when we smack you snot dribblers around at your own place again.
                    Ok, so now you not only lack in math skills but your reading comprehension is, apparently, below a third grade level also. So, I’ll tell you one more time……IN THE LAST 19 MEETINGS BETWEEN THE LAKERS AND DOGS…LAKERS 9….DOGS 10!!! All 10 Dog wins coming under TA.

Comment

There's no need to get rid of Mitchell, the Notre Dame job will probably be open in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                        There's no need to get rid of Mitchell, the Notre Dame job will probably be open in a couple years.
                        I am sure Matt and his family will enjoy Euclid Ohio and coaching at Notre Dame College.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

People seem to think that the early/mid-2000's times of scoring 50 points a game and winning every game by 40 was a sustainable long-term model lol.

Would it be nice to win more than we lose against Ferris? Yea, it would. That would be great. But people also need to understand that TA is one of the best coaches in the entire country, regardless of division. There's not really anything better out there. It's like people are upset that GV is the Georgia to Ferris' Alabama lol. Yea it would be great to be Alabama again. But we already had that. We were Alabama with BK and Chuck Martin. There's a reason that one of them has been coaching at Notre Dame and LSU for the last decade and a half, and a reason the other one is running one of the best teams in the MAC.
                          As a Pitt fan, I can remember Bieing in the same position during the NW heyday, then changing coaches and getting worse. (2 PO appearances in 10 years, sadly, year 2 was a fluke NC, which bought us 9 years of mediocrity and irrelevence.)

Comment

The one head coach in the GLIAC that really deserves to be fired is Paul Winters. Sadly, he'll probably get a contract extension.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
                              The one head coach in the GLIAC that really deserves to be fired is Paul Winters. Sadly, he'll probably get a contract extension.
                              He already did. At least that's what I thought I heard. Gotta be frustrating for the Wayne fans. And with only the top three of the GLIAC left on their schedule, another win isn't likely

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

He already did. At least that's what I thought I heard. Gotta be frustrating for the Wayne fans. And with only the top three of the GLIAC left on their schedule, another win isn't likely
                                If he did I'm not surprised. We Wayne State fans are few in number and have no real clout to influence the AD to make a change. I guess we are a lot like Detroit Lions fans, destined to suffer.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X