Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

what it should tell you is THE GUY WOULDN'T GET INTO GV - the admissions standards have changed since the BK days
    I wonder if that will change over the next decade with enrollment declining nationally.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I wonder if that will change over the next decade with enrollment declining nationally.
      Possible...but GV is picking up enrollment of the better/best students from the states directional schools that are losing kids - GV will maintain its status as one of the states top academic institutions, that's not going to change

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

Possible...but GV is picking up enrollment of the better/best students from the states directional schools that are losing kids - GV will maintain its status as one of the states top academic institutions, that's not going to change
        I know there are some D2 schools that are tough to get into, but most are pretty relaxed, and trying to grow instead of trying to limit who gets in.

It makes for pretty different situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I know there are some D2 schools that are tough to get into, but most are pretty relaxed, and trying to grow instead of trying to limit who gets in.

It makes for pretty different situations.
          It's not that it's that tough to get into GV. Rather, it's that they require some academic minimums to be met. If the athlete doesn't meet them, they don't get accepted. It's not that they have to be top in their class.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

It's not that it's that tough to get into GV. Rather, it's that they require some academic minimums to be met. If the athlete doesn't meet them, they don't get accepted. It's not that they have to be top in their class.
            I see.
            BITD, Pitt had a minimum test score when I first went there, but also had local and legacy enrollment where you at least got in for your first 2 years if you were either one. ie: I was a local and a legacy so I got a letter from the registrar near the end of my 4th semester telling me I had to take the placement test because I didn't take it in HS. (ACT, or SAT?) Lol.

I'm not sure if they gave athletes a similar deal or not, and I have no idea what their standards are now other than NCAA minimum.

Comment

While at Ferris all you have to do is pass an eye exam and have somewhat normal breathing.

Comment

If anyone caught the spotlight on Matt Judon on Monday Night Countdown tonight... just another reason to not fire MM. Yeah, integrity and life lessons matter. Even more than football. Especially at D2.

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

While at Ferris all you have to do is pass an eye exam and have somewhat normal breathing.
                  Yeah because you're the Harvard/Stanford of division 2. At least we know you have a very high opinion of yourselves. I'm sure half of the Colorado Mines school wouldn't even make it through your orientation.

Comment

A team reflects its coach. From what I saw at post-game on Saturday...Nuff said. One big family after all.
                    So I guess Mel Tucker, Jimbo Fisher and Nick Saban would fall in that same boat for you. I think that's good company for TA to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Yeah because you're the Harvard/Stanford of division 2. At least we know you have a very high opinion of yourselves. I'm sure half of the Colorado Mines school wouldn't even make it through your orientation.
                      Nah. Nobody said that.

We're just saying Ferris is clap for credit.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

So I guess Mel Tucker, Jimbo Fisher and Nick Saban would fall in that same boat for you. I think that's good company for TA to keep.
                        You think Mel Tucker and Jimbo Fisher are good company to keep at this point in time?

Comment

Go look at their contracts and you tell me.

Comment

Go look at their contracts and you tell me.
                            Kinda weird you'd be a fan of "I went under .500 this year, but I got that money, baby!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

You forgot that one test where you turn your head and cough.. ;-)

Comment

If anyone caught the spotlight on Matt Judon on Monday Night Countdown tonight... just another reason to not fire MM. Yeah, integrity and life lessons matter. Even more than football. Especially at D2.
                                even with Judon hating on Mac and Cheese??

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X