X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RedFromMI
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Your head coach leaving in mid-January, two weeks before signing day, is going to demolish any football program. Regardless of who the AD is or who they hire.
    To be clear the exit was a bit earlier, but Limestone did okay with a January hire...

Of course they had nowhere to go but up.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post
    KB will find a way to F this up like everything else.
    Your head coach leaving in mid-January, two weeks before signing day, is going to demolish any football program. Regardless of who the AD is or who they hire.

Leave a comment:

• GV Retired Bum
    replied
    Hopefully there is some youth on the search committee. Don't need dinosaurs making decisions above their pay grade because they were the "founding fathers" of GV football.

Leave a comment:

• GV Retired Bum
    replied
    KB will find a way to F this up like everything else.

Leave a comment:

• MrsThortonMelon
    replied
    Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

It’s pretty vague. Biggest thing coming from it is that Billy was right that it did get NFL coach interest. Honestly, if GV were FBS, we’d have actual names of candidates by now.
    Yea the guy was an assistant to the assistant in the NFL for a bit...and yes there are some D1 lower level assistants in play perhaps, but WHY do you put that on here unless you re trying to drive kids into the portal. I thought Billy liked GVSU...I guess I was wrong.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

It’s pretty vague. Biggest thing coming from it is that Billy was right that it did get NFL coach interest. Honestly, if GV were FBS, we’d have actual names of candidates by now.
    It's just like the hiding of injuries. Just wild the lengths to which D2 programs go to be secretive compared to FBS lol.

Leave a comment:

• BeachinLaker
    replied
    Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
    More interesting that a college search person would want this info shared online...but what do I know? Actually nothing like the rest of the folks there...

Leave a comment:

• champgymusa
    replied
    More interesting that a college search person would want this info shared online...but what do I know? Actually nothing like the rest of the folks there...

Leave a comment:

• BeachinLaker
    replied
    That is quite interesting. I wonder if the NFL is the current employer or a past one? The way it’s worded, I’d imagine current. Seems very bizarre considering the salary discrepancy between NFL assistant and D2 college head coach. Unless we are going D1-FCS, which comes with a bit of a higher salary and the ability to build a D1 program.
    Last edited by BeachinLaker; 01-20-2023, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied
    UPDATE:

Hello Gentlemen,

After a couple of days, I will report that I am extremely pleased with the pool of candidates that have emerged from this process. I have spoken to 13 individuals from all levels of college football and even the NFL. I am using the rest of the week to follow up with some of these individuals for more in depth conversations about their vision for the program. I will utilize zoom and spend time both in a car and on a plane to learn all that I can about these candidates. I have thoroughly reviewed and read every resume that has come in through the search firm, from agents, and directly from candidates.

Currently, there are 3 men that have begun to separate themselves and I would hire any one of the three of them. There will be others I’m sure, but then as I mentioned on the zoom, I will then overlay these individuals onto our program and GVSU to make the final decision.

Take care,

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The Lions still have a team?
    They have a team and they just avoided relegation with that last win.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I heard Ben Johnson is just using the Lions as leverage for his GVSU offer.
    The Lions still have a team?

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

Nope. Rumor has it John Harbaugh wants in to turn GV into the next great Big Ten power so he can compete with his brother.
    I heard Ben Johnson is just using the Lions as leverage for his GVSU offer.

Leave a comment:

• BeachinLaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    I see that Jeff Fisher posted something to his Twitter account. Could he be the NFL HC that is interested in GV?
    Nope. Rumor has it John Harbaugh wants in to turn GV into the next great Big Ten power so he can compete with his brother.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    I see that Jeff Fisher posted something to his Twitter account. Could he be the NFL HC that is interested in GV?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X