Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve always thought great options would be: Geodis Park (Nashville soccer), Finley Stadium (UT Chattanooga), Liberty Stadium (Memphis) or Floyd Stadium (MTSU) would all be perfect locations, especially Finley. But again it’s the issue of who is the host, Finley might be close enough to Carson Newman for the SAC to host? Or Finley or one of the Nashville area stadiums could be a SAC, GSC and SIAC collaboration to host (Especially Finley)? Memphis could maybe be a MIAA, GAC and GLVC collaboration? I know none of those options really fit a footprint besides the SIAC but the other conferences may be motivated to at least have a location within a driving distance of their footprint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

They both do the same thing. Wear a D the eff out.
      That’s what concerns me

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

That’s what concerns me
        Yep….It’s a pickle. Harding is very good at running the ball. After all, that’s what they do. But GVSU defends the run very well. CMU throws the ball all over the field and the Lakers have been susceptible to the short over the middle and short out patterns but GV gets pressure on the QB better than most. Selfishly, I’d like a third home game (if we can get by a very good Gorilla team and that’s a big IF) and that favors CMU. But I think we can stop the Harding run game. Hmmm…what to do? First things first….beat Pitt State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
          I’ve always thought great options would be: Geodis Park (Nashville soccer), Finley Stadium (UT Chattanooga), Liberty Stadium (Memphis) or Floyd Stadium (MTSU) would all be perfect locations, especially Finley. But again it’s the issue of who is the host, Finley might be close enough to Carson Newman for the SAC to host? Or Finley or one of the Nashville area stadiums could be a SAC, GSC and SIAC collaboration to host (Especially Finley)? Memphis could maybe be a MIAA, GAC and GLVC collaboration? I know none of those options really fit a footprint besides the SIAC but the other conferences may be motivated to at least have a location within a driving distance of their footprint.
          I used to live in Nashville, Geodis wouldn't work IMO. It's too big (seats 30k), and parking is an absolute nightmare (it can take over an hour to get out of a Nashville SC game). Nashville also sucks in December, it'll probably be cold and rainy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post
            Yep….It’s a pickle. Harding is very good at running the ball. After all, that’s what they do. But GVSU defends the run very well. CMU throws the ball all over the field and the Lakers have been susceptible to the short over the middle and short out patterns but GV gets pressure on the QB better than most. Selfishly, I’d like a third home game (if we can get by a very good Gorilla team and that’s a big IF) and that favors CMU. But I think we can stop the Harding run game. Hmmm…what to do? First things first….beat Pitt State.
            I'm in the same state of mind. Of course one could also take the view that if Harding's D is good enough to get the win from UCM's highly regarded O, does that give even more credibility that Harding is so solid on both sides of the ball, that they're going to be a tougher out? Frankly, both teams will be a formidable opposition. But are they tougher than Pitt?
            In the end, I too don't want to make that drive, and the Lakers are a tough out at Lubbers against anyone... including those pups north.
            Last edited by Redwing; 11-24-2023, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• UCM

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I'm in the same state of mind. Of course one could also take the view that if Harding's D is good enough to get the win from UCM's highly regarded O, does that give even more credibility that Harding is so solid on both sides of the ball, that they're going to be a tougher out? Frankly, both teams will be a formidable opposition. But are they tougher than Pitt?
                In the end, I too don't want to make that drive, and the Lakers are a tough out at Lubbers against anyone... including those pups north.
                Does homefield at Lubbers even mean anything when we know it's not going to be more than 75% full the rest of the way, if that?
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Does homefield at Lubbers even mean anything when we know it's not going to be more than 75% full the rest of the way, if that?
                  Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by GVSU-2019 View Post

Couldn't Kentucky State? Frankfort is less than an hour away. Maybe on of the G MAC schools could as well? Just spitballing here, I honestly don't know much
                    They could, but do they have the extra cash and resourses to put together a bid?? I kinda doubt it.

Comment

• Earlier there was discussion about an alternate location for the NC game. What school is the host institution for the game in McKinney, TX?

Comment

• Originally posted by tip79 View Post
                        Earlier there was discussion about an alternate location for the NC game. What school is the host institution for the game in McKinney, TX?
                        It is hosted by the Lone Star Conference.
                        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Thank you.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X