Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harding recovers and only has to kneel - GV to Harding next weekend - going to be a tough place to play against a hard running team - I hope guys heal quickly this week

Comment

• They did suspend their qb years ago for letting a girl sleep on his couch

Comment

• Third top five team in a row for the Lakers in the playoffs coming up next week - wow, makes sense to me that this region should have 4 top five teams playing in it

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
          They did suspend their qb years ago for letting a girl sleep on his couch
          You wouldn’t understand if I explained it to you. This is not sarcasm.

Comment

• Congrats GV. turnovers and penalties killed us but you took advantage of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
              Third top five team in a row for the Lakers in the playoffs coming up next week - wow, makes sense to me that this region should have 4 top five teams playing in it
              Meanwhile Seed 1 Tiffin loses (such a joke) and Benedict loses 2nd year in a row as 1 seed,,, Time to move the GLIAC to SR1 - that would loosen the belt a bit on SR3. Its a war to just to get out of this region.

Comment

• How many GLIAC teams have made the playoffs after leaving the conference? Is it five?

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                  How many GLIAC teams have made the playoffs after leaving the conference? Is it five?
                  Tiffin, Indy, Ashland, Findlay and Hillsdale....

Comment

• That was a frustrating game. Kudos to the GV defense for stepping up when they needed to. Was a bit annoyed that GV kept getting caught by the same two offensive plays time and time again, though. I think 8 different times, they put Garrison in motion to the side with two WR's on it, then threw a bubble screen out there with Garrison as the lead blocker, and GV never adjusted to it. And then Pitt ran the same trap play 10 or 12 times right up the gut with not much resistance by the GV D. Of course, that's probably because GV's D was stretched across the field for those screen plays, leaving the middle open.

Big kudos to Cade for coming back and earning that victory even though he was obviously having a shoulder issue. And Tariq Reid might not have been the world's most effective rusher today, but he got the yards in crunch time when they were needed. The offensive line is being held together by glue and duct tape currently, but they did just enough. Can't say enough about how well Swanson and Cardomone are playing over the last 3-4 weeks.

We'll see what the future holds against Harding. Gonna be a tough ask, having not faced an offense like that since Northwood left the conference. It use to be that when we would get matched up with a triple option team in the past, like Carson-Newman, GV had experience having had to defend it against Northwood. But who knows when the last time these GV players had to defend something like that was.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

And off the top of my head none have made won more than 1 game

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                        That was a frustrating game. Kudos to the GV defense for stepping up when they needed to. Was a bit annoyed that GV kept getting caught by the same two offensive plays time and time again, though. I think 8 different times, they put Garrison in motion to the side with two WR's on it, then threw a bubble screen out there with Garrison as the lead blocker, and GV never adjusted to it. And then Pitt ran the same trap play 10 or 12 times right up the gut with not much resistance by the GV D. Of course, that's probably because GV's D was stretched across the field for those screen plays, leaving the middle open.

Big kudos to Cade for coming back and earning that victory even though he was obviously having a shoulder issue. And Tariq Reid might not have been the world's most effective rusher today, but he got the yards in crunch time when they were needed. The offensive line is being held together by glue and duct tape currently, but they did just enough. Can't say enough about how well Swanson and Cardomone are playing over the last 3-4 weeks.

We'll see what the future holds against Harding. Gonna be a tough ask, having not faced an offense like that since Northwood left the conference. It use to be that when we would get matched up with a triple option team in the past, like Carson-Newman, GV had experience having had to defend it against Northwood. But who knows when the last time these GV players had to defend something like that was.
                        Frustrating yes but Kudos to Pitt too, that’s the best team GV has played so far the season. Also the best coached team they have played in at least 10 years thus a great O and D game plan, on O had personel groups and plays they hadn’t showed all season and did a good job mixing play calling. Same on D, coverages and blitzes that they didn’t use much until today. Hats off to Brian Wright and his staff, Pitt fans should be hoping he doesn’t get a D1 job and thankful if he stays. Pitt will be a perennial top 10 team as long as he is there.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

Don't forget about the fighting Irish. I stand corrected. It's six. Actually now that I think about it mercyhurst....that's seven. Did Gannon make it? So it's eight?

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerDad

This was excruciating. You could SEE the play coming in the formation and we never adjusted.
                            That has been a problem all year. Mines, Pueblo, both games against Ferris, this one against Pitt. GV seems to really struggle with having enough DB's on the same side of the field if there's motion. If they can clean that up, there's an entirely new level for the defense to reach. Maybe they just like taking their chances with zone, though.
                            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

Frustrating yes but Kudos to Pitt too, that’s the best team GV has played so far the season. Also the best coached team they have played in at least 10 years thus a great O and D game plan, on O had personel groups and plays they hadn’t showed all season and did a good job mixing play calling. Same on D, coverages and blitzes that they didn’t use much until today. Hats off to Brian Wright and his staff, Pitt fans should be hoping he doesn’t get a D1 job and thankful if he stays. Pitt will be a perennial top 10 team as long as he is there.
                              Are you a first year GV fan freshman? Tony anesse's Ferris state bulldogs have owned my beloved Lakers for a decade. Thankfully that ended while he was forced to stay at home but he's the best coach and best team we've ever faced, with the possible exception of the 2003 Saginaw valley Cardinals

Comment

• Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

And off the top of my head none have made won more than 1 game
                                Notre Dame got to the Semi Finals and lost to Valdosta State in 2018. I don't know off hand about the others.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X