Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodbury View Post

Notre Dame got to the Semi Finals and lost to Valdosta State in 2018. I don't know off hand about the others.
    Was that the same year that Saginaw valley smoked Valdosta despite four starting offensive lineman missing the game due to one game suspension for hazing? I know Valdosta won the championship the year that svsu smoked em with their backup offensive line.. Svsu got their o line back in time for GLIAC play but lost three GLIAC games and didn't make the playoffs.... thankfully for Valdosta

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post

Don't forget about the fighting Irish. I stand corrected. It's six. Actually now that I think about it mercyhurst....that's seven. Did Gannon make it? So it's eight?
      Just think all those teams in one large conference. Ran off one by oneā€¦

Comment

• Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

Just think all those teams in one large conference. Ran off one by oneā€¦
        Every one of them had instant success after they left. Winless in the GLIAC and contending for conference championships the next season.

Comment

Every one of them had instant success after they left. Winless in the GLIAC and contending for conference championships the next season.
          Tiffin the #1 seed in the whole region when they were one of the worst teams to ever grace the GLIAC this side of Notre Dame College lol.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Tiffin the #1 seed in the whole region when they were one of the worst teams to ever grace the GLIAC this side of Notre Dame College lol.
            Mercyhurst and Gannon were terrible in GLIAC as well. So was Findlay. Indy was at least close to.500 ish. I guess playing GV, fs, sv, MTU, etc is harder the bums in their new conference

Comment

Are you a first year GV fan freshman? Tony anesse's Ferris state bulldogs have owned my beloved Lakers for a decade. Thankfully that ended while he was forced to stay at home but he's the best coach and best team we've ever faced, with the possible exception of the 2003 Saginaw valley Cardinals
              Nope, independent observer who has coached more football than most on here have seen. All credit to TA, but I know for a fact he has been dying to get a D1 job for a number of years, how many offers has he gotten??????.... If Brian Wright wants it he will be D1 within 1-3 years, that tells you something

Comment

• Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

Nope, independent observer who has coached more football than most on here have seen. All credit to TA, but I know for a fact he has been dying to get a D1 job for a number of years, how many offers has he gotten??????.... If Brian Wright wants it he will be D1 within 1-3 years, that tells you something
                Fair enough. TA has baggage which is why he hasn't had a good enough d1 offer. He's won everywhere he's been

Comment

Fair enough. TA has baggage which is why he hasn't had a good enough d1 offer. He's won everywhere he's been
                  Agree... TA, one of the best offensive minds to ever coach in the history of football, but for an overall program juice not always worth the squeeze

Comment

Agree... TA, one of the best offensive minds to ever coach in the history of football, but for an overall program juice not always worth the squeeze
                    Winning sure is fun tho

Comment

Was that the same year that Saginaw valley smoked Valdosta despite four starting offensive lineman missing the game due to one game suspension for hazing? I know Valdosta won the championship the year that svsu smoked em with their backup offensive line.. Svsu got their o line back in time for GLIAC play but lost three GLIAC games and didn't make the playoffs.... thankfully for Valdosta

C'mon man, we flew over a thousand miles to open the season, who does that? Do you really believe you got our best? You beat us by 4. West Alabama beat us by 11 three weeks later and we turned around and beat them by 28 in the PO. We hold our own in the playoffs so please show us a bit of respect

Comment

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post

C'mon man, we flew over a thousand miles to open the season, who does that? Do you really believe you got our best? You beat us by 4. West Alabama beat us by 11 three weeks later and we turned around and beat them by 28 in the PO. We hold our own in the playoffs so please show us a bit of respect
                        You lost to a 3 loss GLIAC team with their backup O line. You were obviously good but that is a good example of the flaws of the playoff system. Not to mention three regions back then had about 50 teams but for some odd reason, region two had about 20.

Comment

I would say Ferris recruits better than Pitt - Also a sign of a good head coach and program - The 2021 Ferris team was not the best coached team that GV saw? The team that averaged over 50+ a playoff game. Could be one of the best D2 team ever - Pitt has dominated Indy in last 2 playoffs but when they play a GLIAC team they lose. Sounds like a great coach during regular season but not in Playoffs when it counts - Can't wait to see him at Akron or Ball State.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

This is why they should move the GLIAC to SR1 - even out the regions - Tiffin the #1 seed...come on

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerDad
                              Wait, I just saw GV throw their 27th long sideline fade to a 5"10 WR even though the game is over. They are going to keep throwing them until one is completed......
                              Not sure where that came from.. or why.

Comment

You lost to a 3 loss GLIAC team with their backup O line. You were obviously good but that is a good example of the flaws of the playoff system. Not to mention three regions back then had about 50 teams but for some odd reason, region two had about 20.
                                When we played them they were undefeated, it was the first game of the season, everyone was undefeated :) they lost two more that year we lost one more and won a NC. You're gonna have to get over the fact that a two loss team was the baddest in the land in 2012. Of our four NC two were won over MIAA, one over GLIAC and the other over the CIAA (after beating Mankato in the Semi). You don't win 4 NC over three decades unless you can play a bit of football. R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I'm done with this discussion, think what you want and just for your disrespect, we were coming for another NC next year but I may move that timetable up a year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X