Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 MIAA Surprise team.

Well, who do you think could give a run for the title this year outside of FH, and NW?
    Go Bronchos!

Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Re: 2018 MIAA Surprise team.

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
      Well, who do you think could give a run for the title this year outside of FH, and NW?
      I wouldn't count out Central Missouri...
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Lincoln Blue Tigers.
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
          Central and Pitt. I don't think FH wins the conference.

Comment

The homer in me hopes the Pitt from the last half of the season shows up and we have a chance to win the conference and make the playoffs. My gut tells me that it will be NW's to lose and that FH will not have the year that they had last year and finish somewhere around 4th. Central could finally live up to the potential and win it this year.

Comment

If NW doesn't get away from their 2 play playbook then we ain't winning jack diddly squat.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                If NW doesn't get away from their 2 play playbook then we ain't winning jack diddly squat.

Comment

Central has always had a ton of potential. The problem they have is carrying it over to each and every Saturday. On paper this year I think they are the team to beat. Paper doesn't play on Saturdays.

Comment

I just hope the Hornets are picked 7th in the preseason. They seem to have good years when that happens. :fingers-crossed:

Actually they are probably two plays away from going 8-3 last year and return their starting QB, RB, TE/HB, 2 WR, and 2 OL. Defensively they have 3 DL, 2 LB, a CB and a Safety back that started the win over Washburn in the last game of the year.
                    Marstall started a playoff win at QB in 2016 - is there any other QB coming back in the league that has a playoff win as a starter?

Comment

If that doesn't happen, then NW will be 1-dimensional as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post
                        The homer in me hopes the Pitt from the last half of the season shows up and we have a chance to win the conference and make the playoffs. My gut tells me that it will be NW's to lose and that FH will not have the year that they had last year and finish somewhere around 4th. Central could finally live up to the potential and win it this year.
                        NW will have a rookie QB and not much game experience at key positions next year (QB/DL/Secondary). Based on history, I can see why they are in the conversation. Based on reality, I'm approaching this season as wait-and-see. Too many question marks and an offensive philosophy that needs dramatic improvement.

Defensively, I like what we have returning but we need transfers and young players to develop along the interior of the DL. We do have a very good DE, all LBs returning and a potential lock down corner in Lane so the cupboard isn't bare on that side.

Comment

A comparison of FHSU to NW Mo returning roster and production

FHSU has 36 upper classmen on the roster for 8th year head coach
                          NW Mo has 38 upper classmen on the roster for 2nd year head coach
                          (both teams equal here, both have established rosters and coaches that know their system)

FHSU returns 42% rushing yards, 99% passing yards, 38% receiving yards
                          NW Mo returns 50% rushing yards, 1% passing yards, 48% receiving yards
                          (fairly equal except FHSU returns their starting QB, and backup that also started multiple games last year; FHSU losses it's top RB and WR from last year which is going to hurt, not sure with NW how the running game will transpire *Jordan Thompson?* and they have a quality transfer coming in)

FHSU returns 83% of tackles, 67% of sacks, 100% of INTs
                          NW Mo returns 63% of tackles, 59% of sacks, 77% of INTs
                          (defense is where FHSU *should* separates itself, they return the top 8 tacklers on the team and all the secondary)

FHSU returns 100% punt, 0% FGs, 92% return yards
                          NW Mo returns 100% punt, 100% FG, 67% return yards
                          (fairly equal, FHSU has to find a FG kicker but NW Mo might need to as well)

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post

(both teams equal here, both have established rosters and coaches that know their system)

(fairly equal except FHSU returns their starting QB, and backup that also started multiple games last year; FHSU losses it's top RB and WR from last year which is going to hurt, not sure with NW how the running game will transpire *Jordan Thompson?* and they have a quality transfer coming in)

(defense is where FHSU *should* separates itself, they return the top 8 tacklers on the team and all the secondary)

FHSU is going to continue to be a good program, no doubt.

NW's defense statistically was a much better defense than FHSU. For instance 59% of the sacks for NW would be 24 total sacks and for FHSU 67% would be 15 total. NW was statistically better in scoring D, total D, Sacks, INTs, yards allowed, opponent 1st downs, TDs allowed, and didn't allow one rushing TD the entire year.

I agree defense is where the separation is and has been for years. For all of NW's problems last year (and there were many) it wasn't on D.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post

To tack on to what catz54 wrote, FHSU losing Shepherd is gonna be a larger hole to fill than anyone NW lost.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X