Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fort Hayes sucks!

Originally posted by FHSUALUM View Post
    What is everyone's thoughts on the kick catch interference against FHSU late in the game? Looked like the guy bobbled the catch and FHSU got flagged for making a play?
    I did not see the play, but it does not matter if you bobble it as long as it does not hit the ground. Returner is still protected.

Comment

That's how the Central radio broadcast team described the play. He had bobbled the ball but was still trying to make the catch when he was hit.

Comment

I'd like to see a replay. It appeared to us that he muffs the catch the balls hits the ground and then he is tackled without the ball. As soon as the ball touches the ground his protection is over and he's fair game. At that point in the game is when the momentum started turning. That lit a fire under the defense. Either way it didn't matter just looked like the refs missed a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
          That's how the Central radio broadcast team described the play. He had bobbled the ball but was still trying to make the catch when he was hit.
          Very well could have been the ball did bounce up in front of him... I didn't think he was hit though until the ball hit the ground. It was a bang bang play though. And maybe the FHSU guy was just to close to him while he was still attempting to make the catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            At what point during the game did the Mules radio broadcast go on the fritz?

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
              "2nd String QB Bradley will be solid with some reps" What part of Bradley's performance gave you that idea? 6 - 23 passing for 62 yards with an interception - ran 8 times gaining 32 yards, but netted only 12 yards - and oh ya, flubbed the ball at the Mules 4 yard line turning it over to the Tigers. After Bradley's pathetic performance I wonder if Coach Boda has as much confidence in Bradley as you do? If Bradley projects as next years starter the Mules are in trouble.
              If I remember correctly, Bolles had a rough start to the season last year as well before turning it on. Bradley has tools, but he's also a 20 something kid that had an oh $it reaction in his first relevant playing time. Nowhere to go but up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                At what point during the game did the Mules radio broadcast go on the fritz?
                I didn't tune into 98.5 until the 4th quarter. The broadcast was back by that time.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by FightnMulz View Post
                    If I remember correctly, Bolles had a rough start to the season last year as well before turning it on. Bradley has tools, but he's also a 20 something kid that had an oh $it reaction in his first relevant playing time. Nowhere to go but up.
                    Kyle Bradley - In his third year with the Mules - redshirt his first year - last year and this year the backup quarterback to Brook Bolles. In high school Bradley was all-conference, all-area, and honorable mention all-state in Illinois. See anything so far that indicates Bradley should perform like a deer in the headlights? Last night he could't hit the side of a barn with his passes and he choked the game away. Read the body language of his receivers after his wild throws. He flunked the test...next man up. Trying to compare Bradley's first action to Bolles is laughable. Mules can't afford to waste this years talent on a choking backup quarterback.

Comment

Yeah through my one black and one gold eye it definitely looked like a blown call :smile-big:. And there was a fair bit of frustration through the night, seemed to be a number of holding and off side calls the officials flat out missed.

It was a tough night to be at a game. 90 degrees at kick off, offense playing like a three legged cow and not getting the calls.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGlen View Post
                        Yeah through my one black and one gold eye it definitely looked like a blown call :smile-big:. And there was a fair bit of frustration through the night, seemed to be a number of holding and off side calls the officials flat out missed.

It was a tough night to be at a game. 90 degrees at kick off, offense playing like a three legged cow and not getting the calls.
                        It was a tough night could have at least let the fans enjoy the beer during half time!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FHSUALUM View Post
                          It was a tough night could have at least let the fans enjoy the beer during half time!!!!
                          Amen to that, mind you I am sure there would be an MIAA violation buried in there somewhere. It was good to see the student section bursting at the seams....a pleasant change

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                            Don't know....Mules radio broadcast was MIA... no footfall broadcast.....just the usual music?
                            Coach Boda proves yet again..... a seemingly Mules victory can always be choked away.
                            no, I was listening to Mules radio when Bolles went down. the play was a roll out and Bolles tried to stiff arm the tackler. the tackler apparently got real pissed at that and literally hurled Brady crashing to the ground via the offending arm. the announcers said it was very violent and ugly and they knew Bolles was done for the night. except for that play, Mules win and are 1-0 on the season with one of the tuffer teams out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGlen View Post
                              Amen to that, mind you I am sure there would be an MIAA violation buried in there somewhere. It was good to see the student section bursting at the seams....a pleasant change
                              Hope not - heard them say on the radio last night that MWSU will have Anheuser-Busch products available at the new pavilion during home games. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                                Hope not - heard them say on the radio last night that MWSU will have Anheuser-Busch products available at the new pavilion during home games. :good:
                                I don't know..........I am just making stuff up lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X