Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fort Hayes sucks!

Originally posted by Bigbadbod View Post
    the announcers said it was very violent and ugly and they knew Bolles was done for the night. except for that play, Mules win and are 1-0 on the season with one of the tuffer teams out of the way.
    https://www.facebook.com/tigermedian...3711316660544/

Here's the play af the 1:54 mark. All in the eye of the beholder, but doesn't look overly violent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post

Here's the play af the 1:54 mark. All in the eye of the beholder, but doesn't look overly violent to me.
      From what I could see in that video looks like a typical football play.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post

What you can't see is his right arm. Boles stiff armed. defender grabbed his arm and the weight of the defender was on Boles' arm/elbow when he pulled him down to tackle. Dirty play? Nope. freak injury on a tackle? Yup. What's worse is it is his throwing arm. My initial guess is he hyper-extended his elbow. i am not a doctor but if he did, i would say he is out for an extended period of time. Just don't see baseball players coming back from that injury quickly. Hope I am wrong but you can't throw with a bum elbow.

Comment

wow, just finished watching the game. didn't realize what a gift hays was given for the win...

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
            wow, just finished watching the game. didn't realize what a gift hays was given for the win...
            Never gave up, capitalized on errors, found a way to win. On to the next one

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
              Never gave up, capitalized on errors, found a way to win. On to the next one
              or central found a way to lose...tomoto, tomato...

Comment

Absolutely its both.

Ucm did the same thing against NW last year, lost a game they had won. How do you even fix that as a program? How does that become a consistent trait of a team. Weightroom to spring ball to fall and everything in between, don't you think they would preach FINISH.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                  Absolutely its both.

Ucm did the same thing against NW last year, lost a game they had won. How do you even fix that as a program? How does that become a consistent trait of a team. Weightroom to spring ball to fall and everything in between, don't you think they would preach FINISH.
                  no doubt. i thought about that game from last year watching the end of hays vs central this year. that has to sting for the mules, especially considering how the nw offense ended for the year last year. i really didn't think bradley was that bad as a backup until that "fumble" at the end of the game. holy crap.

Comment

UCM gave this game away much more than the Tigers earned it. Is what it is. Win is what matters.

Comment

no doubt. i thought about that game from last year watching the end of hays vs central this year. that has to sting for the mules, especially considering how the nw offense ended for the year last year. i really didn't think bradley was that bad as a backup until that "fumble" at the end of the game. holy crap.
                      Bradley didn't get much help from a few receivers, with untimely drops at pivotal points in the game. The fumble at the 3 yard line was almost minimize to a FG attempt; no one is talking about a Mule Defense that is a greatly improved unit. I want to say they held Hays to right around 100 total yards in the first half.

Even after the disastrous 2 minutes window that Hays scored 14 of their 20 points in the 4th quarter, Mules still had a chance to win. Gotta make plays to win close games.

Comment

Originally posted by FightnMulz View Post
                        Bradley didn't get much help from a few receivers, with untimely drops at pivotal points in the game. The fumble at the 3 yard line was almost minimize to a FG attempt; no one is talking about a Mule Defense that is a greatly improved unit. I want to say they held Hays to right around 100 total yards in the first half.

Even after the disastrous 2 minutes window that Hays scored 14 of their 20 points in the 4th quarter, Mules still had a chance to win. Gotta make plays to win close games.

You're right, the defense played great. Here's the breakdown on the defensive starters: (R) Freshman-2...Sophomores-5....Juniors-1...Seniors-3 That's 8 underclassmen starting for a much improved Mules defense. Looks like (DC) Wes Bell made some major changes as a few of last years starters were on the bench.

The offense moved the ball at will until Bolles went out with the arm injury. Here's the breakdown for the offensive starters: (R) Freshman-2....Sophomores-3....Juniors-1...Seniors-5.

Bolles injury is the absolute worst thing that could have happened to the Mules. The FH game should have been a win and a momentum builder, but you never know when the injury monster will strike. With the Mules playing Northeastern State next week it won't kill us if Bolles needs a couple of weeks to treat the injury and Bradley or whoever can get some playing time against a weak opponent. My biggest fear is that Bolles might be out for several games or even the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-Rilla View Post
                          Because Kansas was actually on the right side of the Civil War.

Comment

Originally posted by FightnMulz View Post

that's what i meant by he wasn't that bad until the fumble. most of those misses seemed like catchable passes...

Comment

I was there and from my vantage point most of his passes were either in the dirt, wide or over their heads. The timing was way off between Bradley and the receivers (totally out of sync).

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                                I was there and from my vantage point most of his passes were either in the dirt, wide or over their heads. The timing was way off between Bradley and the receivers (totally out of sync).
                                some of them definitely were, but some of the misses the receivers had both hands hit the ball. gotta come down with those. there is no doubt he is not as dynamic as bolles, but not many are.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X