Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Missouri Southern turn?

I would suspect Dr. Marble is pretty hands-on with this hire ... Just my two cents

Spitballing on candidates - BUT would think Joe Bettasso would get every opportunity to win the job over the rest of the year. Atiba Bradley will get a long look, as he should https://goyotes.com/coaches.aspx?rc=953&path=football ... Pie in the sky candidate would be Brad Cornelsen https://hokiesports.com/staff.aspx?staff=255 - but can't imagine a scenario he'd do that - Dark horse candidates: Jeff Sims at Garden City CC http://www.gobroncbusters.com/sports..._Sims?view=bio and Jerry Partridge https://gostatesmen.com/coaches.aspx...&path=football

Re: Where does Missouri Southern turn?

I would 100% support Patridge. You need stability at Mo Southern and some one that knows Missouri Schools (and surrounding areas). Also someone that's worked well with less. Patridge has always struck me as a "we don't have much, but we got heart" type of coach and that's what the Lions need. I would back the truck up and pay the man and hopefully, finally, get some respectability back.

Comment

Whoever takes the position is going to take a hard long look at what they're stepping into. Unless MoSo can demonstrate that they're 100% willing to dedicate the resources towards giving the new HC what he needs to succeed, I wouldn't count on getting a big name like Partridge. That's one of the reasons that LU was able to land Jed Stugart.

You MoSo fans know better than I do if that is the case or not.
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Now it gets interesting. If MSSU is serious about Football they have to have a plan to have a coach in place who hits the ground running as soon as possible (no later then the first day after the season. For those who think that is to fast, Lindenwood, Mo West both battled over Jed before the season ended. The longer you wait the longer your future success is put on hold and you put a new coach behind the 8 ball because a bad 2019 season makes recruiting tougher.

Any other Candidates then ones listed above

Joe Bettasso - right or wrong part of the problem should have stayed away, then applied (New coach should not have to keep)

Atiba Bradley - No HC or Coordinator exiperence to big a job

Brad Cornelsen - No Chance, Zero, he makes more at VTECH then the college president at MSSU

Jeff Sims - He may make more money and have a better team at Garden City (Rion Rhoades was same way, last time)

Jerry Partridge - I dont believe in taking coaches other schools didn't want (Denver Johnson) Delta is 0-3 currently

Just quick thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
          Whoever takes the position is going to take a hard long look at what they're stepping into. Unless MoSo can demonstrate that they're 100% willing to dedicate the resources towards giving the new HC what he needs to succeed, I wouldn't count on getting a big name like Partridge. That's one of the reasons that LU was able to land Jed Stugart.

The thing is, I'm not sure Partridge is a big name outside the MIAA. Under him, MW was a consistently quality program that made a couple of brief jumps into national relevance (that ought to be a dream scenario for MoSo). He got fired for a a decline in wins from 8 to 7 to 6 to 4 (MoSo would kill for a 4 win season). He isn't exactly young and he either didn't pursue or wasn't hired for any of the vacancies last fall. And I'd also guess that JP would prefer to be HC at a fourth-tier MIAA school that gives him the chance to build it up from there than at a second-tier school in a lesser conference. Also, as has been mentioned elsewhere, by and large, the salaries of even the lower tier programs in the MIAA are still above the national average.

I really think JP and MoSo is a near perfect match.

Comment

Originally posted by NewLionFan View Post
            Now it gets interesting. If MSSU is serious about Football they have to have a plan to have a coach in place who hits the ground running as soon as possible (no later then the first day after the season. For those who think that is to fast, Lindenwood, Mo West both battled over Jed before the season ended. The longer you wait the longer your future success is put on hold and you put a new coach behind the 8 ball because a bad 2019 season makes recruiting tougher.

Any other Candidates then ones listed above

Joe Bettasso - right or wrong part of the problem should have stayed away, then applied (New coach should not have to keep)

Atiba Bradley - No HC or Coordinator exiperence to big a job

Brad Cornelsen - No Chance, Zero, he makes more at VTECH then the college president at MSSU

Jeff Sims - He may make more money and have a better team at Garden City (Rion Rhoades was same way, last time)

Jerry Partridge - I dont believe in taking coaches other schools didn't want (Denver Johnson) Delta is 0-3 currently

Just quick thoughts
            Andy Ball ???- currently Missouri S&T offensive coordinator - he has a lot of ties in Missouri has been an assistant at Truman, Mo West, Central Mo, Culver-Stockton and coached high school football in St. Joe; and his dad was a coach at Mo St.

Comment

Confused as to why Andy Ball would be a better choice than Atiba ...

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
              Andy Ball ???- currently Missouri S&T offensive coordinator - he has a lot of ties in Missouri has been an assistant at Truman, Mo West, Central Mo, Culver-Stockton and coached high school football in St. Joe; and his dad was a coach at Mo St.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
                No Coordinator Experience, jump from Inside LBs Coach to HC is a long way, might be a great hire for new HC to have on staff

Comment

I think the hire has to be someone with HC experience, or a high level of OC/DC experience....

The more I think about it, the less I am concerned with ties to the University or Joplin itself...just the ability to recognize and develop talent. Recruiting locally will take care of itself as SW Missouri, SE Kansas, NW Arkansas, and NE Oklahoma produce a ton of high quality football players that are capable of helping at the D2 level.

Comment

Here are my initial thoughts on some guys who could be options for the vacancy... Let me know who I missed and/or who I'm WAY off the mark on.

https://newmanandduquesne.wordpress....xt-head-coach/

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

b/c lots of other schools are beating his door down? isn't a dc down south someplace?
                      i would think this would get him closer to home.
                      i agree w/ c54, do what it takes to make it happen.
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
                        Not saying he is a better choice; just a guy I think has a lot of ties to D2 and missouri football

Comment

Originally posted by NewLionFan View Post
                          No Coordinator Experience, jump from Inside LBs Coach to HC is a long way, might be a great hire for new HC to have on staff
                          Bradley has more coordinator experience (1 year as DC/Recruiting Coord. at Bradley in 2012 and 1 year as Co-DC at Western Illinois in 2015) than Ball (3 games at Mo S&T this year). Jumping from OC in the GLVC to HC in the MIAA is a much bigger jump than position group coach in MVC to HC in the MIAA. If Bradley is coming to MSSU, it's going to be as HC. Conversely, MSSU OC would be a step up for Andy Ball.

Comment

JP is currently 34 wins behind MT and 47 wins behind Broyles for all-time MIAA wins. I believe he has said he would like to have that record. If he could build MOSO up to 6-7+ wins a year it wouldn't take long to start moving up the charts.

Seems like that would be good motivation.

Comment

If not JP, I say look to the NSIC, MIAA, GLIAC, or GSC coordinators, Asst. HC's, Etc

Maybe the GAC for semi-regional ties. That Conf is getting better each year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X