• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where does Missouri Southern turn?

I forgot about Lantz

Comment

Daye was their best coach since Lantz ... and I agree w/ you on Partridge, although there are some others who would be good - IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
        Daye was their best coach since Lantz ... and I agree w/ you on Partridge, although there are some others who would be good - IMO.
        I thought Ware had them headed in the right direction between the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          I thought Ware had them headed in the right direction between the 2.
          I agree. Ware had the team/program going in the right direction. Also had a lot of assistants on that team that have gone on to do a lot of good things.

Comment

First time poster, long time Lion/Chief/Tiger. Had a lot of respect for Coach D. Johnson, always seemed like he was trying to do right be the kids. One thing that seemed to be missing from the program recently however has been some youthful energy, ('swag' if you will). I think bringing in a young up and comer, even if they don't have current head coaching experience, may bring new life to the program - (see - Will Healy, Austin Peay FCS in Tenn). I saw earlier someone mentioned Coach Bradley at USD, which definitely has some validity, with him being an alum. But with the MVFC being the premier FCS conference, their are plenty of extremely talented and under recognized young coaches. One guys that comes to mind immediately, is David Rocco (Co-OC/QBs) at Western Illinois. Rocco originally came to WIU with Charlie Fisher (now at Arizona St.) from Richmond, where they had one of the best offenses in FCS Football. When Jared Elliot took over at WIU he retained/promoted Rocco and they have continued putting up points in bunches. David is the son of Danny Rocco (Head Coach at Delaware) on was on his fathers staffs at both Richmond and Liberty. He's been around a lot of winning and a lot of highly productive offenses. Also, he currently recruiting Kansas City and the surrounding area, so he has started making those Missouri connections.

Would love to hear other thoughts/candidates. I think Alum like myself just want to see the players excited again and this trend of young coaches seems to be bearing fruit!

-Go Lions!

Comment

Southern is in dire need of a young, good hire. They need someone willing to put in the work. Johnson was playing this like retirement. He was not doing right by the kids and couldn't keep a coaching staff, nor could he keep kids. They need someone who is energetic, passionate, and a work has orse. Not a name, but someone new and give them a shot.

Comment

We have until November before they start interviewing, it sounds like.

I still like the Partridge hire.

Not sure how the locals feel about bringing in a HS coach, but Roderique, Bailey, Buckmaster, and Guidie are all nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions 'lum View Post
                  Southern is in dire need of a young, good hire. They need someone willing to put in the work. Johnson was playing this like retirement. He was not doing right by the kids and couldn't keep a coaching staff, nor could he keep kids. They need someone who is energetic, passionate, and a work has orse. Not a name, but someone new and give them a shot.
                  That may be the first allegation of that folks around here have heard.

Comment

Be
                    Last edited by LionHeart; 09-29-2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                      That may be the first allegation of that folks around here have heard.

I assure you that it's no allegation.

Comment

Welcome to the board.

This might be the all-time longest post in the history of this message board.

Comment

I nominate Lionheart for the selection committee!

Comment

[QUOTE=Lions 'lum;2266801]Southern is in dire need of a young, good hire. They need someone willing to put in the work. Johnson was playing this like retirement. He was not doing right by the kids and couldn't keep a coaching staff, nor could he keep kids. They need someone who is energetic, passionate, and a work has orse. Not a name, but someone new and give them a shot.[/Q

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
                              Welcome to the board.

This might be the all-time longest post in the history of this message board.
                              Obviously, his post is indeed from "the heart" and I can appreciate it.

And no, I have no magic wand fix for Southern.. . Although I have always suspected it is possible.

Comment

well . . . no mistaking this first (or second) post by LionHeart is visionpipe's attempt to re-enter D2 message board territory under another assumed name. Absolutely no way. Not visionpipe. Thank God.

Great piece of work you put together there, LionHeart. :good:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X