Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where does Missouri Southern turn?

Crazy thought.... what if Fritz continues to suck it up this year at Tulane and gets canned. Any chance he'd want to come back to the MIAA?

Comment

Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post
      Crazy thought.... what if Fritz continues to suck it up this year at Tulane and gets canned. Any chance he'd want to come back to the MIAA?
      I think it's probably too quick for them to pull the plug on him yet. And after the success he had at Sam Houston (back-to-back national championship games) and Georgia Southern (17 wins in two seasons), he's probably done coaching D2 for good.

Comment

Originally posted by NewmanAndDuquesne View Post
        Here are my initial thoughts on some guys who could be options for the vacancy... Let me know who I missed and/or who I'm WAY off the mark on.

https://newmanandduquesne.wordpress....xt-head-coach/
        I love your blog. The only way to make it better would be to call it Cleveland and Joplin or something like that, and make it all about Pitt State.

Comment

I say give the dude from Independence Community College a shot...his methods may be suspect, but his results aren't. ICC was a complete joke of JuCo football program before he got there...
          I like turtles.

Comment

Originally posted by transparent58 View Post
            I say give the dude from Independence Community College a shot...his methods may be suspect, but his results aren't. ICC was a complete joke of JuCo football program before he got there...

Comment

He's a bs artist.

Comment

Steve Rampey

Comment

First off that show always focuses on these guys being all D1 FBS Power 5 guys yet and the end of the year a lot of them end up going FCS or lower. Why because they are not very good and have been chewed up and spit out by the bigger programs and are butthurt about it. The show completely ignores the guys who went JUCO for other the reasons than that they blew their first chance. In away its their last chance too of making it to the top level.

Comment

There were several years where jp teams would of won 80% of the other conferences. Mel T was his cryptonite.

Comment

Also I'm with catz, mssu needs to back the truck up
                      Last edited by nwko; 09-18-2018, 06:46 PM. Reason: Sp

Comment

Originally posted by nwko View Post
                        There were several years where jp teams would of won 80% of the other conferences. Mel T was his cryptonite.
                        I agree. I would add (without looking it up) Mel t owned everyone for a time. I think he faired as well as anyone else. Exception on maybe pay early on.

Comment

Partridge would be a great hire IMO as JP would immediately bring credibility to MOSO for the first time since Ware. just think of the hype before games. The "Partridge Family" revenge tour with stops at Pitt, the 'Burg, Maryville, Emporia, topeka and St. Joe. I for one was glad to see Mo West ditch JP as he seemed to always have the Mules number. Think about the old days in basketball with coaching characters throughout the league. Corn, Tapmeyer, Anderson, Chipman etc. There was no love lost between teams, coaches and fan bases. While we want our teams to win, you have to lament not having each game be a "must see" event.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                            Partridge would be a great hire IMO as JP would immediately bring credibility to MOSO for the first time since Ware. just think of the hype before games. The "Partridge Family" revenge tour with stops at Pitt, the 'Burg, Maryville, Emporia, topeka and St. Joe. I for one was glad to see Mo West ditch JP as he seemed to always have the Mules number. Think about the old days in basketball with coaching characters throughout the league. Corn, Tapmeyer, Anderson, Chipman etc. There was no love lost between teams, coaches and fan bases. While we want our teams to win, you have to lament not having each game be a "must see" event.
                            For the first time since Ware? That's a stretch ... At least Daye went 7-3 and would've been to a bowl had Lindenwood not refused to reschedule -

Comment

Missouri Southern should just quit football. Make it easier for us to get OOC games back. Then we get rid of Lindenwood and we are back to two OOC.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
                                For the first time since Ware? That's a stretch ... At least Daye went 7-3 and would've been to a bowl had Lindenwood not refused to reschedule -

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X