• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

If you're going to list Abenoja and not list Philpot, Majors, Mark Smith or senior year version of Dickey--even setting aside Jeff Moreland and Brian Hutchins because they mostly played in the pre-Mel era--some Pitt State fans might have a word with you.
      You understand the pissing match is about QB's who can throw a football right? Philpot? Seriously?
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

If you're going to list Abenoja and not list Philpot, Majors, Mark Smith or senior year version of Dickey--even setting aside Jeff Moreland and Brian Hutchins because they mostly played in the pre-Mel era--some Pitt State fans might have a word with you.
        Oh good lord....Philpot Seriously...he was a runner, not a passer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
          What do ya say fellow UCM posters? Nobody wants to speak up one way or the other on this subject? I hate to say it , but it's the typical lame ass UCM posters just sitting on the sidelines just sitting back and loping their mules........lmao..
          I was at that game. Bolles was pressured, pressured and pressured. Did he make some bad reads, yes, but that OL got their red assess handed to them. That is very typical of a RW Defensive front 4. I can't remember when NW did not have a dominating front 4, along with very fast and athletic LB's. Svoboda should have the OL out first thing this morning having a Hill Run-a-thon, teaching them a lesson.

Comment

Hang this UCM loss squarely on the (over hyped) shoulders of QB Brook Bolles (3.0) who turned out to be Brook Bolles (-5 Below Zero) 4 interceptions + 1 fumble..
            Really????????? Get serious The guy had a bad day. But so did the rest of the offense. Northwest DL had Bolles on his back more times then a hooker on friday night. So how about heaping some of your love on the rest of the team. Because it is a team sport. And in reality it was not an individual loss. It was a team loss.
            Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

IMO, Tody Koby was overrated. The Mules lost many of their close games when he was at QB. The receivers, the line or the defense were usually blamed but, again IMO, Cz or Bolles (probably even Gile) would have lead the team to a win in many of those games.

Comment

OK KMA, here are some thoughts as I wanted some time to process. It stinks as the Mule faithful wanted an undefeated season but it wasn't in the cards.

The first thing I said this year was "in Bolles we trust". He was going to carry the team and is truly the team leader. In some of the tighter games we played this year he made some mistakes and in the end the "team" found a way to win. My second early season comment was "as Bolles goes so does the Mules". Enough said. He had a bad game and the Mules went down to defeat. My hunch is that we will not see another performance like yesterday for him in a Mule uniform but we are in the playoffs and ANYTHING can happen.

The officiating made some really bad calls yesterday for both teams. The fumble return for a TD by NW was a joke. According to 'Boda the refs told him at the half that the NW player took the ball from the other NW player. Huh....if one the one who took the ball is in front of the other player, it is an illegal hand off. Horrible call. I didn't see the blown fair catch call but that was just as egregious. Davidson was mugged late in the fourth quarter and with a no call on a pass into the end zone. If the call is made the mules may only be down one score late in the game with an on-side kick pending after committing 6 turnovers. What more can you ask of your team? They could have mailed it in but didn't.

The mules o-line was owned by NW. Why, not sure other than NW knew that they controlled their destiny and that side of the ball played really really well. For if they lost, they could been out of the playoffs and who wants to be known as a player on the team where the streak was broken. Will the NW defense play as well as they did yesterday if their is a rematch? Tough to say but I know some things will be cleaned up on the offensive side for the Mules.

After the first couple of series, the Mules defense settled in. This is encouraging as that side of the ball has always been considered the achilles heel. Here's the good news. Not a single senior played on the defensive side of the ball yesterday. Campbell has them believing and they will only get better IMO. Please remember that the Mules DID NOT have a d-coordinator during the recruiting season last year. I know some of the kids they brought in fit this type of system so it will be interesting what they do this next year and in years to come.

Now we wait until this afternoon to see what happens. Will it stink if the Mules don't have a home playoff game? Yes. Will they play better this next weekend? I trust that they will because it would be tough not to. The pressure is off Bolles 3.0 to try and live up to his brothers and have an undefeated regular season. Now he can just go out and play and lay it all on the line. Hopefully he decides to throw caution to the wind and run a bit more as he hasn't this year for if he does that is one more thing that defenses have to contend with.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  LMAO

KMA proves yet again that he doesn't understand anything about football.
                  This^^^
                  Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Korrodi was over hyped IMO. He had a ton of talent and was really only concerned about his stats and as Randy said, Dennis Giles should get more attention but purely on talent and not leadership abilities.

As for CZ, he was marvelous given that it seemed like he had a different OC every year. I did not see Greisen play in person but you can't go wrong with that top 5. Moreover, all were four year players.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                      OK KMA, here are some thoughts as I wanted some time to process. It stinks as the Mule faithful wanted an undefeated season but it wasn't in the cards.

The first thing I said this year was "in Bolles we trust". He was going to carry the team and is truly the team leader. In some of the tighter games we played this year he made some mistakes and in the end the "team" found a way to win. My second early season comment was "as Bolles goes so does the Mules". Enough said. He had a bad game and the Mules went down to defeat. My hunch is that we will not see another performance like yesterday for him in a Mule uniform but we are in the playoffs and ANYTHING can happen.

The officiating made some really bad calls yesterday for both teams. The fumble return for a TD by NW was a joke. According to 'Boda the refs told him at the half that the NW player took the ball from the other NW player. Huh....if one the one who took the ball is in front of the other player, it is an illegal hand off. Horrible call. I didn't see the blown fair catch call but that was just as egregious. Davidson was mugged late in the fourth quarter and with a no call on a pass into the end zone. If the call is made the mules may only be down one score late in the game with an on-side kick pending after committing 6 turnovers. What more can you ask of your team? They could have mailed it in but didn't.

The mules o-line was owned by NW. Why, not sure other than NW knew that they controlled their destiny and that side of the ball played really really well. For if they lost, they could been out of the playoffs and who wants to be known as a player on the team where the streak was broken. Will the NW defense play as well as they did yesterday if their is a rematch? Tough to say but I know some things will be cleaned up on the offensive side for the Mules.

After the first couple of series, the Mules defense settled in. This is encouraging as that side of the ball has always been considered the achilles heel. Here's the good news. Not a single senior played on the defensive side of the ball yesterday. Campbell has them believing and they will only get better IMO. Please remember that the Mules DID NOT have a d-coordinator during the recruiting season last year. I know some of the kids they brought in fit this type of system so it will be interesting what they do this next year and in years to come.

Now we wait until this afternoon to see what happens. Will it stink if the Mules don't have a home playoff game? Yes. Will they play better this next weekend? I trust that they will because it would be tough not to. The pressure is off Bolles 3.0 to try and live up to his brothers and have an undefeated regular season. Now he can just go out and play and lay it all on the line. Hopefully he decides to throw caution to the wind and run a bit more as he hasn't this year for if he does that is one more thing that defenses have to contend with.
                      I was waiting for a flag at the end of that play, thinking it was technically a forward lateral. At the same time, with 2 UCM players on him too, it could easily be argued as a fumble/recovery too, since a lateral would have been hard to make in the chaos too.

UCM is a much better team with Bolles at the helm. There's no reasonable way to question that. I am curious what the conversation would be if he was 1.0 and not 3.0. Would NW fans defend him? How unfair are the expectations for him? He's very good and had a tough game.

A rematch would not see 4 INT's and 8 sacks. But I think NW would blitz more and play press coverage more if needed too. I'd hope NW made a better effort offensively too against a pretty average defense.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

I was waiting for a flag at the end of that play, thinking it was technically a forward lateral. At the same time, with 2 UCM players on him too, it could easily be argued as a fumble/recovery too, since a lateral would have been hard to make in the chaos too.

UCM is a much better team with Bolles at the helm. There's no reasonable way to question that. I am curious what the conversation would be if he was 1.0 and not 3.0. Would NW fans defend him? How unfair are the expectations for him? He's very good and had a tough game.

A rematch would not see 4 INT's and 8 sacks. But I think NW would blitz more and play press coverage more if needed too. I'd hope NW made a better effort offensively too against a pretty average defense.
                        I'm actually not convinced that a rematch wouldn't have 6-10 sacks. Ucm online got beat all game. I kept waiting for them to leave the rb there for protection. Imo in no adjustment is made there would be tons of qb pressure.

Comment

What do ya say fellow UCM posters? Nobody wants to speak up one way or the other on this subject? I hate to say it , but it's the typical lame ass UCM posters just sitting on the sidelines just sitting back and loping their mules........lmao..
                          No Central fan is going to come to your rescue because your OP is absurd. Central is a sub .500 nobody repeat of last season without Bollesv.3.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                            The blown fair catch was horrible. There were two others that stood out to me as well. Northwest RB Thomas was down, rolled over the defender, and they allowed him to keep going. There was an incredible hold when Bolles hit Saunders with the long pass play where the Mules got three.

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

You understand the pissing match is about QB's who can throw a football right? Philpot? Seriously?
                              PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------
                              Philpot,Neal 13 189.29 96-170-5 56.5 1825 25 79 140.4

Philpots numbers his Sr. year. His Freshman and Soph. years were rough, but by the time he was a Sr. he could pass. Not enough to be in a total passing
                              system but still better than you give him credit for. 189.29 pass eff and 25 TDs to only 5 INTs is not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X