Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

He wouldn't even answer the phone.
    I'm guessing he would answer the phone and then go discuss with his various assistants if they're interested in a D2 HC job. I've always imagined--and felt this way as it relates to former Pitt State assistants/alums--that programs get a certain slice of ownership over another program when an assistant of theirs gets the head job in that spot. I'm glad that WU and FH's success can really be tied back to Pitt State. I imagine Mel and AD would get a certain satisfaction about a NW FB program alum taking over at Pitt State.

However, obviously, AD isn't going to take the Pitt State HC job. A phone call to someone like AD to get his take on the lay of the land in terms of what coaches are out there that might be interested and good fits would seem to be an appropriate part of a national search (my hope is that JJ is making a similar phone call to every respected name in his football rolodex), but any offer to him would seemingly be purely out of courtesy.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

He wouldn't even answer the phone.

Comment

AD might answer the phone, but only to laugh at Pitt. He is only going up and not down to a inferior program that Beck built.

Comment

Will Wagner, former Assistant HC under Mel, has been volunteering at ACU this semester. He had been let go at San Angelo, where he was HC.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post

Rival coaches go to rival schools. Bo who was under Woody went from OSU to UM. Saban went from LSU to Alabama. It happens.
            Generally, rivalries don't mean as much to coaches who are providing for their families as they do to fans who are just looking for entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

We don't want the NWMSU castoffs anyways. #whattheeffisabearcat?

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Generally, rivalries don't mean as much to coaches who are providing for their families as they do to fans who are just looking for entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

AD might answer the phone, but only to laugh at Pitt. He is only going up and not down to a inferior program that Beck built.
                    That's a ton of vitriol over something that will probably never happen. Calm down, Greenie.

Comment

I had forgotten how many went on to D1 from the fran tree. Maybe that's the issue. The great ones all moved up?

Comment

Is Patterson really that much of a resource having only been the linebackers coach at PSU for one season?

Comment

How about HC Jerry Partridge and OC Travis Partridge? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
                            How about HC Jerry Partridge and OC Travis Partridge? :)
                            They want to land their white whale Willie Frtiz

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              I had forgotten how many went on to D1 from the fran tree. Maybe that's the issue. The great ones all moved up?
                              PSU should move up.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
                                Is Patterson really that much of a resource having only been the linebackers coach at PSU for one season?
                                He was with Fran at Nearly every stop until he finally took over TCU when Fran left. He still has strong ties to Pitt, and was a big offseason resource for the last staff.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X