X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Bad news for the rest of the conference if they do a true national search
    Just playing the if game.

Pitt just missed beating FH with a missed (makeable) FG. Pitt lead UCM and WU in the 4th quarter. With the offense we ran and the team and staff we had this year, if those games goes our way, Pitt is 9-2.

It isn't a stretch to say that the right guy coming in here and bringing the right people with him with the talent we have on the roster now that Pitt couldn't challenge next year for the Conference Title and playoff bid.

Bringing in the "right" guy is the entire key.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
      The right hire must bring in the right coaches with him. Mel was not winning NC's before NW. The magical combination of Mel, Svboda, Tatum, Bostwick made NW what it was. Just like when Dennis F. came to Pitt and had on his staff, Jerry Kill, Gary Patterson, Chuck Broyles. It takes more than one guy. It takes one guy surrounding himself with the right guys as well.
      Extremely true PSR. Excellent point.
      Northwest Missouri State University
      BEARCATS

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat06 View Post

Rumor has it they are getting Venables from 'Bama.... LOL :laugh:
        Venables would be 3rd string on the Pitt staff.

hee hee hee

Comment

They claim they are doing a national search. Will be kind of fun trying to guess who they might get.

Comment

Love the idea of brown, but think he's a long shot to leave Hays for a semi lateral move.

I also wouldn't mind seeing some altogether new blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Venables would be 3rd string on the Pitt staff.

hee hee hee

Comment

Love the idea of brown, but think he's a long shot to leave Hays for a semi lateral move.

I know he played there, but did he ever coach there?

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

My first call would be to AD to see if he is happy where he is at. Also to let him know he is wanted as well. It can't hurt and he would be a much better get than Brown.

Comment

My first call would be to AD to see if he is happy where he is at. Also to let him know he is wanted as well. It can't hurt and he would be a much better get than Brown.

Comment

Just playing the if game.

Pitt just missed beating FH with a missed (makeable) FG. Pitt lead UCM and WU in the 4th quarter. With the offense we ran and the team and staff we had this year, if those games goes our way, Pitt is 9-2.

It isn't a stretch to say that the right guy coming in here and bringing the right people with him with the talent we have on the roster now that Pitt couldn't challenge next year for the Conference Title and playoff bid.

Bringing in the "right" guy is the entire key.

..... And for those that remember the last few recruiting cycles, Pitt has some STUDS in waiting. They are young but in the words Beck used last Feb. "The 2019 class is probably the most talented group of recruits I've seen here in my 35 years at Pitt". So the right guy could turn this ship around FAST! 18/19 year olds are weird creatures so they are gonna need to identify the new guy at Pitt pretty quick (Hear they want him in place by Dec. 6th) to start to get some team chemistry back.

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

I know he played there, but did he ever coach there?
                          No, but he coached under Schurig who coached under Broyles, etc, etc, etc.

Comment

He wouldn't even answer the phone.

Comment

Imo, he is at the ceiling for FH. Especially if Pitt gets back to national relevance. Which I expect them to do. The ceiling at Pitt is NC contender on a yearly basis. FH has essentially replaced what Washburn was.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

He wouldn't even answer the phone.
                                We don't want the NWMSU castoffs anyways. #whattheeffisabearcat?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X