Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Round Lindenwood @ NW...Welcome back!!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OldBison View Post
    Harding may not have the best defense in the nation this year but we returned most of starters off a defense that held Ferris State to just 153 yards of total offense (68 rushing) in 2018. I think some the NW posters are going to be surprised at how well they do against LWood.

Comment

• Last edited by GoCatsGo5; 11-26-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• #2 scoring D, #7 total D in the nation statistically.
        Mankato is #1 in both categories.

Comment

• ONly a year removed, I don't think anyone will be surprised at how well NW's offense does against Elwood.

Comment

• Comment

• He was originally at Sioux Falls with Stugart, which probably has something to do with how he ended up at LU.
              Cool Story Bro

Comment

• Originally posted by catz54 View Post

I have been able to watch a few games. We just need more consistency on offense. Idk if that means coaches, players, or both. The first drive, we had nice rhythm, were on time with throws, and mixed things up well. The rest of the game was mixtures of good plays and too many bad mixed in. We would get a first down or two and then stall.

This next part is simply my opinion only. I am not nor ever have been a college coordinator, so I am not qualified. I would love to see, though, some things to build Wright's confidence up early. Easy throws (hitches, slants, outs, drags, etc) and some moving pockets. Less complexity. Run the ball effectively also which starts upfront. Rankin is the best back we've had, IMO, since Laron. That kid can play. Let him tote the ball 15-20 times. Some of which downhill. Just my thoughts.

Our defense is pretty good. Just focus on whatever the plan is to score 28 points. That wins this game.
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                  Which one shows up? Jekyll or Hyde?
                  Whichever can complete more than (what seemed like) 10% of passes, I'd like that one.

I'm be facetious, but 57% was the final amount. Sure didn't seem like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldBison View Post
                    Harding may not have the best defense in the nation this year but we returned most of starters off a defense that held Ferris State to just 153 yards of total offense (68 rushing) in 2018. I think some the NW posters are going to be surprised at how well they do against LWood.
                    i have no idea who the best d in d2 is. but harding was a stout d. they were fundamentally sound, and they were damn good tacklers. they pursued well, and were quick. and from some of the more qualified people i talked to on the sideline, i wasn't the only one impressed.

Comment

• I wondered what happened to him. Hopefully he kicks like he did for us on his return to Maryville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fro-th_and_goal View Post

I wondered what happened to him. Hopefully he kicks like he did for us on his return to Maryville.
                        He's a big reason why LU were able to beat OBU last week. And subsequently, why you guys have another home game!
                        Cool Story Bro

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

He's a big reason why LU were able to beat OBU last week. And subsequently, why you guys have another home game!
                          We just wanted to thank you, and the Linkywoody team for their success and hope that equipment turn in on Sunday for you goes well. (Burn Baby, Burn...stupid couches).

Comment

• NW margin of victory over Lwood the last 4 years:

Last year Brister threw for 243 with 1TD and 2 picks, was sacked 5 times for -53 yards, and ran 15 times for 26 yards.
                            Nash did well in that game, but only had 5 carries.

Comment

• Comment

• Elwood run D looked pretty bad last week, and NW runs it good enough to keep it from being a shootout..

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X