Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Round Lindenwood @ NW...Welcome back!!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
    Hi guys
    Dynamite drop-in Montie!

Comment

I can only think of one time in history where the starting QB was benched this late in the season. And Kowalski is not Tua Tagovailoa. If the two were ever to be deemed anywhere close to equal, Kowalski would have gotten reps weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
        How would you compare UCMs offense with Lindenwoods? Looked like NW D had pretty good success against UCM. Think that might translate to this matchup?

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
          How would you compare UCMs offense with Lindenwoods? Looked like NW D had pretty good success against UCM. Think that might translate to this matchup?
          Haven't seen Lwood play this year but I would say UCMs is better. If Bolles has time to throw he can pick you apart and the mules have a ton of receivers and running backs that can all catch the ball. Mules also have a running game but in the last two games there hasn't been as much success. Yesterday indy was intent to stop the run and the Mules passed at will. In the middle of the middle of the 4th up by four when one would think that they would eat some clock by running they threw the the ball on 8 of 10 plays (one run and a qb draw) and went straight down the field effectively putting the game out of reach.

As for the NW game, their d-line OWNED the line of scrimmage and Bolles had four interceptions, a fumble (a pick six and a long fumble return for a td) and was sacked 8 times. The mules also lost another fumble so six turnovers on the day. That is the only time this year the oline has been owned like that. NW moved an end inside and he dominated the game. Even with all of this, the Mules were driving late to cut the lead to a one score game but failed on a 4th down play.

I have no clue on what Ferris' defense consists of but pick your poison. I am personally more worried about how the Mules defense is going to stop Ferris' offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

Haven't seen Lwood play this year but I would say UCMs is better. If Bolles has time to throw he can pick you apart and the mules have a ton of receivers and running backs that can all catch the ball. Mules also have a running game but in the last two games there hasn't been as much success. Yesterday indy was intent to stop the run and the Mules passed at will. In the middle of the middle of the 4th up by four when one would think that they would eat some clock by running they threw the the ball on 8 of 10 plays (one run and a qb draw) and went straight down the field effectively putting the game out of reach.

As for the NW game, their d-line OWNED the line of scrimmage and Bolles had four interceptions, a fumble (a pick six and a long fumble return for a td) and was sacked 8 times. The mules also lost another fumble so six turnovers on the day. That is the only time this year the oline has been owned like that. NW moved an end inside and he dominated the game. Even with all of this, the Mules were driving late to cut the lead to a one score game but failed on a 4th down play.

I have no clue on what Ferris' defense consists of but pick your poison. I am personally more worried about how the Mules defense is going to stop Ferris' offense.
            If Jay Ru is healthy than that could be a long day for the UCM Defense, I think that UCM can hang with them, especially if Bolles 3.0 is firing on all cylinders.

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

I can only think of one time in history where the starting QB was benched this late in the season. And Kowalski is not Tua Tagovailoa. If the two were ever to be deemed anywhere close to equal, Kowalski would have gotten reps weeks ago.
              This has been an on-going deal for years. All the NW HC's have usually stuck with their starter, but good lord has BW digressed this year. His throwing is atrocious.

Comment

Throwing QB's who can run present big problems for NW. LU won't get the traditional running yards against our D. Brister is probably gonna have to run around and improvise. Our offense better show up. LU is terrible defensively.
                Last edited by CatFan88; 11-24-2019, 09:03 AM.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

three yr issue with this regime in terms of qb play
                  first yr was a band aid situ w/ that transfer iirc so idk how much stock should be put into that

& then of course bw...he's not developing - idk that he's a lick better than his first start - taking his lumps early especially given the fact that he was thrust into the starting role as a freshman was expected, but i'd have expected him to improve over time - better qb play would make a world of difference for this offense, other issues not with standing
                  whether this is player or coaching related i haven't the foggiest notion. i assume coaching b/c it isn't the only issue on that side of the ball, but idk that for a fact.

i do know rw needs to fix it. which doesn't mean he needs to shake up the staff on the offensive side but it might. frankly it probably does but i'm not close enough to it to be dogmatic about it.
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

2017...9-3...25.2ppg...Lost in the 1st round of playoffs
                    2018...10-3...36.6ppg...Lost in the 2nd round of playoffs
                    2019...11-1...43.3ppg...???

I'm not completely happy and feel we are still a long ways from the polished product of 2015-2016, but this sure looks like we're trending in the right direction to me. How about we wait until the end of the season to get the torches and lynch mob together.

Comment

check back for the first time in weeks and NW is playing lindenwood in the 2nd round of the POs? The simulation is glitching for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
                        2017...9-3...25.2ppg...Lost in the 1st round of playoffs
                        2018...10-3...36.6ppg...Lost in the 2nd round of playoffs
                        2019...11-1...43.3ppg...???

I'm not completely happy and feel we are still a long ways from the polished product of 2015-2016, but this sure looks like we're trending in the right direction to me. How about we wait until the end of the season to get the torches and lynch mob together.
                        And for everyone calling for the OC and QBs head, give Harding some credit. I'm not sure there is a better defense in D2 than that one yesterday. We didn't help ourselves but they owned the line of scrimmage against a pretty solid NW o-line. Big time tip of the hat to them. They simply got jobbed on the seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Throwing QB's who can run present big problems for NW.
                          ...and every other team in the history of football.

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post

And for everyone calling for the OC and QBs head, give Harding some credit. I'm not sure there is a better defense in D2 than that one yesterday. We didn't help ourselves but they owned the line of scrimmage against a pretty solid NW o-line. Big time tip of the hat to them. They simply got jobbed on the seeding.
                            they are decent but that is a gross exaggeration.
                            good luck to us parsing it out b/c they don't play any ooc's either
                            their #'s are really good playing in a league that traditionally has not been among the nation's elite

that being said you are building a straw-man if you are claiming the complaints & conclusions drawn by some itt are related to yday alone.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ok I WAS a big believer in getting of getting rid of Coach wright. But my thoughts have changed I say he has earned another year or two. Now the OC needs to hit the road. I think we need to bring in a good OC not from are ranks. I think a new face new blood will help out big time. Are defense had played there asses off,the last two games brought back memories of championship seasons. Now for this sat are defense will be ready for them. Are offense will be playing a weaker defense then HU. We need to run the ball we have two great runners. Are QB needs to complete passes. If he can't do that make a change. If UCM holds up their end of the bargain we will have them back for a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

they are decent but that is a gross exaggeration.
                                good luck to us parsing it out b/c they don't play any ooc's either
                                their #'s are really good playing in a league that traditionally has not been among the nation's elite

that being said you are building a straw-man if you are claiming the complaints & conclusions drawn by some itt are related to yday alone.
                                You and your ilk are spoiled children. News flash: this is D2 football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X